The online racing simulator
Sound and Video out-of-sync problem
(8 posts, started )
#1 - majod
Hello,
recently I've noticed a problem while recording videos within LFS.

Everytime I capture a movie,as it goes, audio starts to be out of sync. It happens not only my PC, but on my friend's too. We both have the latest Z10 patch. Never happened before

here are examples:
this one was captured on my pc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWw6lFNGFN0 fraps and lfs limited to 25fps, used xvid codec...notice that in the beginning everything's fine, but in the end sound is completely out

this video was recorded on my friend's pc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgbWLrnvLZw - it had to be as my PC is not strong enough to capture so many cars... but he has the same problem, sound is gradually out of sync, in the end perhaps 1sec out.

any tips and help appreciated, thank you
Try limiting framerate to 25 fps in-game first.
#3 - majod
I had this problem too, and for me it was the codec's fault. I changed codec and it worked fine after that.
Quote from [SWE]RE :I had this problem too, and for me it was the codec's fault. I changed codec and it worked fine after that.

Yep. That looks like a rendering problem. The Xvid codec has a setting called interleaving*. It sounds like you've disabled this feature. Also, Youtube still isn't perfect by any means. Some of that delay may be coming from their end...

*Interleaving
as a term in "real world" video editing means (although slightly incorrectly) setting a value on how often the audio and video streams in one file are "synchronized".
#6 - majod
sorry I missed som information the problem is already in a raw avi file, before processing.
I've noticed that when I limit lfs to 25fps, I have ~24,5 all the time - can it cause the problem? And how to prevent it? thank you in advance
If you can't record at stable 25 (25.0), record at 24 fps, it's default framerate for some standarts too.
I personally try not to record anything above 15 FPS.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG