The online racing simulator
Graphic Interface Missing
(15 posts, started )
Hello,

Ive had problems to play LFS Z in my notebook DELL Latitude E5400 it has a graphic card called Mobile Intel(R) 4 series Express Chipset Family.I am using Windows XP SP3 version 2002
The problem is that Graphics interface(generally buttons and welcome screens of servers) disappear as well the speedmeter, name list.
You can see that in the pics in this thread. I already tried update my graphic card but windows didnt find any new driver and also updated the Directx to 9.2. Nothing solved this problem. Has Somebody an idea to solve that???

Regards
Bugo
SHIFT-f ?
Quote from mutt107 :SHIFT-f ?

No as that only gets rid of the OS display such as revs and timing infomation. Menus will remain.

Try a re installation of LFS to start of with.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Try a re installation of LFS to start of with.

Don't do this.

Windows didn't find a driver because you have to go download one first. Go to Intel's website and download the latest driver for your chipset. Install it, reboot, then see what happens.
Quote from Lateralus :Don't do this.

Windows didn't find a driver because you have to go download one first. Go to Intel's website and download the latest driver for your chipset. Install it, reboot, then see what happens.

I thought he said that there were no new updates available.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I thought he said that there were no new updates available.

Sounds like he was trying "let Windows look for an updated driver" which is a useless feature if he doesn't download one first.
I think you might be looking for this driver. Give it a try and tell us the results...
Nothing
Thanks for your replies dudes. But the problem persist

I tried:

* Shift F
* Reinstall LFS
* Reinstall Graphic Card
* Disable aceleration
* Windows dont accept new drivers/updates, it says "this driver is not validated for this computer"
* I didnt find Free fall thing.

Im thinking it may be some incompatiblity with Winxp SP3 or damage in graphic card, because i've had mouse pointer's freeze sometimes during normal operation. In fact the Laptop is new...
Well, it's extreme but you could try a reformat. If you restore the computer back to original specs it should play LFS fine..
Problem solved
Hello People

The problem is solved. I found the correct Dell driver into their support pages. It really worked. Others drivers not inside dell's support pages, didnt work for me.

Thanks for your support dudes.
Bugos

the correct driver to download:

A07_r212481.exe

http://support.dell.com/suppor ... p;hidlang=BP&TabIndex=
Quote from S14 DRIFT :.

OT..

Have you moved to madagascar permanantly mate or are you on holiday??
I'm pruning the trees, if you must know.
As long as it's not like this....

A re-install/reformat should fix that.

[/poke stick at S14]

Edit: current avatar
Attached images
JasonJ, your avatar suits you perfectly.

Look at posts above yours

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG