The online racing simulator
Runs Choppy
(13 posts, started )
Runs Choppy
I have been been playing LFS (actually the start of me playing it) And I have noticed it runny slow as in the picture freezes and then jumps on a couple more seconds and then I have crashed my car because I don't know what was happening. I am using no AI drivers at all and it happens with all the cars in the game. This Shouldn't happen. here is my Laptop Specs.

- Intel Celeron Processor 550 (2.0 GHz, 533MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
- Up to 252MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
- 1GB DDR2
- 120 GB HDD

Is their anyway you can help me?
Turn down the graphics. Your PC isn't very good, and the fact it's a laptop means it's even slower than the specs suggest.
i think the grapiccard is not the prob in my old pc there was a old Legancy Ti4200 64mb memory and a amd sempron 1800+ and it runs at fully detail
Quote from Marco1 :i think the grapiccard is not the prob in my old pc there was a old Legancy Ti4200 64mb memory and a amd sempron 1800+ and it runs at fully detail

the Ti4200 is much faster that this intel graphics thingy.... the intel graphics chip is not for games, its only for video
Quote from BedfordMarcus :...

- 1GB DDR2
- 120 GB HDD

Intel Graphic Accelerator is a shared video-memory card. It uses a part of your 1GB DDR2 memory. I think that's the reason why your LFS is 'choppy'.

Already said, but turn down your graphics in LFS to low and try it again.
Quote from BedfordMarcus :I have been been playing LFS (actually the start of me playing it) And I have noticed it runny slow as in the picture freezes and then jumps on a couple more seconds and then I have crashed my car because I don't know what was happening. I am using no AI drivers at all and it happens with all the cars in the game. This Shouldn't happen. here is my Laptop Specs.

- 1GB DDR2
- 120 GB HDD

Is their anyway you can help me?

Uou play on ful grid servers? when this happends
It could also be lag..
Download the new drivers from intel website...
If my old intel 945 gma can run at almost 50 fps... your 965 should do way better since its 128 or 256 non shared memory.. My 945 was a 64mb but 256 shared.
If you download the new drivers you should see a big difference..
Nono, this GFX should play the game very well. I had a laptop with the same GFX and 1.6Ghz Core2Duo with 4mb of L2. 1gb ddr2 800mhz - it played the game very well. Max settings was somekinda 20-30 stable fps. Singleplayer was even faster.
Quote from hazaky :Nono, this GFX should play the game very well. I had a laptop with the same GFX and 1.6Ghz Core2Duo with 4mb of L2. 1gb ddr2 800mhz - it played the game very well. Max settings was somekinda 20-30 stable fps. Singleplayer was even faster.

It´s his too weak CPU:
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/low_end_cpus.html
The CPU could also be a problem. I don't know how fast it is compared to others, but the fact that it's a single core celeron leads me to think that it could be the cause.

Make sure you have ALL background programs/processes that you don't need closed while playing LFS. They could very well be causing the freezes. LFS's physics engine is very CPU intensive, and there isn't really any way to reduce it's CPU usage.

If you turn the graphics settings down to absolute minimum (including resolution) and you don't see any improvement in performance, then the problem is more likely to be the CPU than graphics.

Runs Choppy
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG