Jenson Button
Sebastian Vettel
Robert Kubica
Sebastien Buemi
Lewis Hamilton
Jarno Trulli
Rubens Barrichello
Timo Glock
Quote from mythdat :Car weights are out.. Brawn are apparently running reasonable amounts of fuel

"For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel load. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session. The details from Melbourne show that Brawn GP were not running light, despite their impressive pace."

1. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 664.5kg
2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 666.5
3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 657
4. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 650
5. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
6. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
7. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 655.5
8. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 662
9. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 691.5
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 680.7
11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 690.6
12. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 694.1
13. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India 689
14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 612.5
15. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 675.5
16. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 684.5
17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 662.5
18. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 655
19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 670
20. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 660

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9085.html

Too late.... pasibrzuch posted it already + the fuel and what lap everyone is pitting
BrawnGP are THAT far ahead! lol I wouldn't be surprised to see several teams do what they did last year. McLaren are in serious trouble. They have sponsors to keep happy, and by giving up on this years car they could lose them. But they now have to focus 2010 because 2009 is a right off. Their only saving grace was Hamilton aborted a lap which would have placed him higher after Q1 but meh

What we saw in barcelona was genuine, and that is truly shocking because I thought they were coasting but no they were just sh1t....

The most exiciting season in years potentially has been somewhat destroyed as it looks as if BrawnGP are going to be untouchable all year. Ross Brawn is friggin' incredible.
the one thought that keeps coming back into my head now is how world championships would schumacher have won without brawn
Double post sorry
One thing I have noticed during the practice sessions is the cars are happier running close to each other in high speed turns. Hopefully the KERS system will be good in the race, that's where it will really make a difference, especially off the line. I've got Hamilton down as the first retirement, I think he will try to overtake half the grid and lose out.
Quote from Intrepid :BrawnGP are THAT far ahead! lol I wouldn't be surprised to see several teams do what they did last year. McLaren are in serious trouble. They have sponsors to keep happy, and by giving up on this years car they could lose them. But they now have to focus 2010 because 2009 is a right off. Their only saving grace was Hamilton aborted a lap which would have placed him higher after Q1 but meh

What we saw in barcelona was genuine, and that is truly shocking because I thought they were coasting but no they were just sh1t....

The most exiciting season in years potentially has been somewhat destroyed as it looks as if BrawnGP are going to be untouchable all year. Ross Brawn is friggin' incredible.

No he isnt As he said himself, the team who worked hard and designed the car, they are incredible
also anyone else notice just how heavy heidfeld and kovalainen are ?
Quote from tinvek :the one thought that keeps coming back into my head now is how world championships would schumacher have won without brawn

Well it's a two way thing. How many championships would Brawn have won without Schumacher? Obviously Brawn saw Schumacher was a step above and thus invested with him accordingly. So it goes both ways.

It's similar to the Burgees and Rossi relationship. Without Burgees would Rossi be winning as many titles?

What this goes to show is a driver needs the right people behind him to win championships.
Quote from DevilDare :No he isnt As he said himself, the team who worked hard and designed the car, they are incredible

lol well he's gonna say that, but I think we can confindently say without Brawn they wouldn't be seeing the success now. Brawn's record speaks for itself.

He knows what areas to focus on, and how to develop a dominant car something the Honda guys hadn't been able to suss.

Me thinks Ferrari are missing him!
Quote from DevilDare :No he isnt As he said himself, the team who worked hard and designed the car, they are incredible

Yep, but without him, the team would be nowhere.
True, true.....
On a side note does anyone think Legard isn't a great choice. He sounds like Brundle in tone on occasions, and seems to think he's on the radio. Hates me to say this, it really does, but at least James Allen gave Brundle some breathing space and voice was different than Brundle.

Bring back Walker ffs!
Actually, I had to keep on reminding myself Allen isn't in the commentary box this year because I kept thinking it was him..
Quote from mythdat :Car weights are out.. Brawn are apparently running reasonable amounts of fuel

"For the 2009 season, the FIA are making public the weights of all cars ahead of the race start to help give an idea of relative fuel load. The cars that made Q3 are weighed after qualifying, while the weights of the remaining cars must be declared by their teams shortly after the session. The details from Melbourne show that Brawn GP were not running light, despite their impressive pace."

1. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 664.5kg
2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 666.5
3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 657
4. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 650
5. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657
6. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
7. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 655.5
8. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 662
9. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 691.5
10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 680.7
11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 690.6
12. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 694.1
13. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India 689
14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 612.5
15. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 675.5
16. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 684.5
17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 662.5
18. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 655
19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 670
20. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 660

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9085.html

ferraris were running relativly light it seems, not looking good for them
Well, i dont mind the commentators. Legard isnt the best choice he makes loads of mistakes, but its not that bad.

However, the women that helps Ted is freaking stupid.... Where did they get her from? Sounds gay, acts gay, stupid questions and sounds like she doesnt care a bit about the damn sport....
She may not be brilliant at what she does, but I would.

With regards to Legard, not sure about him yet. He talks a lot and repeats himself a lot and seems to cut over Brundle a bit. Seems to me he'd be a better commentator for horse racing.
Toyotas penalised!

Due to too much flexibility on the rear wing of their TF109's, Trulli and Glock will start the race from the back of the pack.

Official Headline: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9084.html

I know everyone knows the Toyotas were penalised, but, some may not know why.
Quote from Intrepid :On a side note does anyone think Legard isn't a great choice. He sounds like Brundle in tone on occasions, and seems to think he's on the radio. Hates me to say this, it really does, but at least James Allen gave Brundle some breathing space and voice was different than Brundle.

Bring back Walker ffs!

I totally agree, he doesn't seem to really flow correctly. Kept cutting across martin and then seemed to forget his point a few times. Also totally agree with what you said about him still commentating like he is on the radio.

Having said that though i imagine that this is the first time they have ever done commentary together (do they do "practice" commentary?) Hopefully it will get better fast.
Wow, just wow.

As for Hamilton, after saying he will stay with Mclaren for the rest of his career, he must be crying!
legard is a cack commentator. the guy from the radio needs to be doing it, and anthony davidson. 3 in the commentary booth isn't too much imo, works on speed.
Quote from BenjiMC :legard is a cack commentator. the guy from the radio needs to be doing it, and anthony davidson. 3 in the commentary booth isn't too much imo, works on speed.

+1.

BTW, so much for the predicted field spread this year. In Q1 the fastest and slowest times are seperated by just 1.7 seconds, and in Q2 the top ten seperated by just half a second.
Quote from Intrepid :lol well he's gonna say that, but I think we can confindently say without Brawn they wouldn't be seeing the success now. Brawn's record speaks for itself.

He knows what areas to focus on, and how to develop a dominant car something the Honda guys hadn't been able to suss.

Me thinks Ferrari are missing him!

More to the point, how many heads are going to be slammed on desks back at Honda...they finally had a car to compete (by all the looks of things) and they pulled out.

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :More to the point, how many heads are going to be slammed on desks back at Honda...they finally had a car to compete (by all the looks of things) and they pulled out.

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it.

Call me cynical but it's worked out rather well for Brawn. I believe he knew how good that car was hence why he saved the team. Now he has greater control over team operations, and has a fantastic car which he didn't have to pay for. Well didn't have to risk investment for.

To steal the words of Alan Sugar - he's a very shrewd business man

and

Wow great journalism - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/spo ... t-of-dissatisfaction.html

lol ffs ! A driver complains about a common problem on the radio and they make a story. Have they never listened to Kubica?

WHat next - Disaster at BrawnGP as Button complains of "mid corner understeer".
Quote from 5haz :Wow, just wow.

As for Hamilton, after saying he will stay with Mclaren for the rest of his career, he must be crying!

If they improove the car, he will stop cry

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG