The online racing simulator
Events management system?
(6 posts, started )
This idea is probably not new, its just too simple, but it takes the somewhat lacking use of the forums to advertise events, tournaments and leagues.

Why is it lacking you say?
Well in explanations on how to enter events, the forum allows the organiser to put exactly what he/she wants, which is good, people can read the specifics, however through all the sub-forums and all the random banter I cant help but notice this somewhere loses key organisation.

Now I am not stupid, I can read the forums and find out upcoming events but it could be so much easier....

What is your idea?
A simple management system accessable by all using LFSWorld.net. A table that gives, simple...clear and easy to find information on upcoming events/tournaments/leagues.

All posted and edited on by the event runners themselves.

This would allow say the LFSer looking for a race to go on, look for a certain date and find events matching. All the included information in a 'bite-size' form, such as start time, duration, car type, race type, laps etc...maybe even a reminder set with email notifications on tagged events...

Obviously all coded to work with timezones derived from personal LFSworld settings, maybe even sign up sheets if the event runner requires it...

But why?
Do you not think LFS could use a system like this? Giving YOU as someone looking for information like this, would you prefer it to be this simple?

I hate the browsing through all the league websites, realising I have to sign up to yet another forum etc, wouldnt it be better if it was all in one place?

In after effects all I can do is predict, but I can certainly say there will be at least 1 more participating in specific events
The Events Database by Spdo (http://www.spdoracing.com) does fairly much everything you are looking for.

I dont think that a central LFS World Database would work so well, as with the number of lfs events ever growing, it would be being constantly updated, not a problem in itself, but leagues grow inactive.

Also, not everyone will want to display thier league information in the same way. Personally, I dont like things all in the one place, id rather things had space to develop and grow, I dont think its too much trouble to have to register at a forum.. it takes like 10 minutes max (if there is a confirmation link to click). It also spreads interest around the outer community.

I do think however, that you shouldnt have to register somewhere just to read information about leagues or events. That should just be free-to-read and open to all, as long as its a public event.

Try the events database, im not sure exactly how much it is used by the community, but from what ive seen of it, its very clear in providing information, files and I think reminders.
In addition to the spdo Database, there's also the Race Calendar here on the forum.

I guess almost every serious league have put their dates in either one of these two calendars.
Thank you for your help, this is what I have been looking for....bookmarked
i also thought about that topic and the suggestions given in the first post is the "driver side" of the view. so perhaps some ideas, because i think there could be a big advantage of having all "in one place". the most work-intense part of offering a league is the "admin side" of a league and as far as i know every big league with good website presentation did it's own "island solution", although there is a lot of "basic functions" they all use.
so my suggestion goes more into the direction to use a single place (subsection in lfsworld) to on the one hand register to a league or a league event as a driver but also on the other hand using such a interface as league admin to manage the participants, managing league configs, "penalty system", generating standings and statistics and stuff. i know, every league wanna look unique in their kind of presentation, but this also could be solved with extensions like the pubstats interface, so league informations would be easy to retrieve and redesign the look for presentation on own league homepages. such a system has really the advantage of "single sign in", with that a lot of other advantages will follow (cross over stats for drivers participating in more than one league,...).
all that stuff has really the potential of a open source package, which can be used by league providers as a starting package, but all such solutions would be an additive and so not really connected to the lfsworld-carreer of a driver, so the best solution needs to be in place the lfsworld.
is that an utopic kind of feature or are there things, doing something like that, i dont know ? could that be a solution to give a better focus on league racing and all the great leagues, which exist? should that be something offered externally by a 3rd party (and not fully integrated?)

p.s. if this is the wrong thread to discuss something like that, please give me an advise, where to discuss such an idea
Quote from mkinnov8 :The Events Database by Spdo (http://www.spdoracing.com) does fairly much everything you are looking for.

I dont think that a central LFS World Database would work so well, as with the number of lfs events ever growing, it would be being constantly updated, not a problem in itself, but leagues grow inactive.

Also, not everyone will want to display thier league information in the same way. Personally, I dont like things all in the one place, id rather things had space to develop and grow, I dont think its too much trouble to have to register at a forum.. it takes like 10 minutes max (if there is a confirmation link to click). It also spreads interest around the outer community.

I do think however, that you shouldnt have to register somewhere just to read information about leagues or events. That should just be free-to-read and open to all, as long as its a public event.

Try the events database, im not sure exactly how much it is used by the community, but from what ive seen of it, its very clear in providing information, files and I think reminders.

Hey there!!

How can I add two teams and quit another two ones, within Events Database????

TIA

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG