The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
damn!
i can not make DS`s status bar say: connected. :banghead:
Please say what i have to do?

P.S. sorry for my english
Quote from Xenix74 :I think scawen has a plan why he dissable the Digi.

FYI Scawen replaced the digital speedo options with analog to enhance realism yes. But was that what gave the advantage when digital speedo's were an option in LFS? No.

Previously the digital speedo showed the exact velocity of the car, so it gave you an unrealistic advantage of enabling you to see mid corner speed even if you wheels were locked or spinning. Since then the speed data is now taken from a wheel speed or shaft speed as irl. This no longer gives you the exact speed the car is doing in the above circamstances so the only advantage a digital speedo would give is easier reading of the speed, which is not really a great advantage anymore as it is not accurate or 100% representitive of the cars velocity as it was previously. Infact it is likely a disadvantage now as it encourages a fixation with the speedo that then distracts you from concentration on the optimum racing line. For these reasons I think you will find the mods and Scawen are totally ok with this app.

Always encouraging to see someone making something that some might find usefull - keep up the good work gru

And this comes from someone who likes realism
By the way the speedometer is not especially necessary to me.
The shift-lamp and gear number is more important for me.
#79 - gru
Quote from Jack Slaitor :damn!
i can not make DS`s status bar say: connected. :banghead:

readme.txt:
Q: Status bar says 'not connected'
A: Set correct insim send port (tab Connection) (29999 default).
Enable insim in LFS: run LFS with command '/insim=29999' or type '/insim=29999' in chat box
I in lfs in network game in the main menu (there where the car spins) press t and write /insim=29999 and at the upper left corner answer InSim: port 29999, d3d8.dll at the same place as lfs.exe, the firewall is on but all questions I answer: to unblock.
#81 - gru
1. what LFS version?
2. do U start LFS before DS?
3. do U have admin password in LFS?
thanx but i decided my problem and it works ok for me now!
Some cars actually have this. All it is... is just a reversed projection (in real life.

540 y

540 x

25 size
Attached images
LFS 2009-01-16 15-57-36-10.JPG
Vista Ultimate 64-bit here...
Any solution?

#85 - gru
hmm, cant help Ya, using 32bit XP :/

but i can send source code to some programmer using Your OS
anyone willing to help?

edit:
Quote from marek100 :BTW works on vista ultimate x64 after some work.

i guess its some user privileges issue
Hi all ,Special "gru-siem stary" ok im back to lfs after long time and lol still no much new ,yeah the test patch Z10 ,anyway i going to help you guys to use this program with Vista x64 ,ill keep posting progress about ,
Thank you ,
Marek100
Great tool ty! I would like to use it with wheel view and make the speedometer bigger than the deafault one. Is there a way of somehow switch of the default lfs speedometer?
#89 - gru
source code available (1st post updated)

Could some programmer using 64 vista try to look at nesrulz's problem? (posted on 2009.02.06)
thx
GO GO GO Vista x64 support.
Led
would it be possible to put the LED light (shift light) yellow?
#92 - gru
Quote from Tits_McGee :would it be possible to put the LED light (shift light) yellow?

color values are hardcoded, U would have to recompile dll file
do U have any programming experience?
Quote from gru :color values are hardcoded, U would have to recompile dll file
do U have any programming experience?

no just hoping to have like a shift light
#94 - gru
sorry, i dont implement such a requests
let me know if U want help how to do it yourself
i dont get it whay it dont work for me i do everything like it says but it still dont work :\
Windows XP SP3?
thx, works good work with XP SP3 ye
#98 - gru
Oh, OK.
Quote from gru :source code available (1st post updated)

Could some programmer using 64 vista try to look at nesrulz's problem? (posted on 2009.02.06)
thx

Anyone?

Digital Speedo
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG