The online racing simulator
Bf and South City... too fast for track????
When racing against the ai (who are still learning the track), in order for me to keep up, the track passes by too quickly it seems. it seems like I am going too fast to make adjustments, provide input to steering etc.. Is it my FOV or is this track not suited to simulate the Bf car. Are you finding this to be the case or do I need to change something (view, fov etc....)?
What FOV are you using ? Anything bigger than 95° can make you feeling like you're too fast...

But keep in mind, a F1 car goes like hell, so that's really not such a big suprise
#3 - axus
Quote from mcooper :When racing against the ai (who are still learning the track), in order for me to keep up, the track passes by too quickly it seems. it seems like I am going too fast to make adjustments, provide input to steering etc.. Is it my FOV or is this track not suited to simulate the Bf car. Are you finding this to be the case or do I need to change something (view, fov etc....)?

BF1 on South City is a rush... you gotta be able to take it though.
This is my favorite combo. Makes Monaco seem dull.
#5 - JeffR
I use a view of 65 degrees. As posted, Monaco in an F1 must be tough.

Tightest tracks were in an arcade game, NFS Underground 2's Street X events, this the longest of them, sub 29 second lap:

n8sx.wmv

Download a replay from a hot lapper in the F1 at South City, in the meantime:

Formula at Sardian (rfr):

rfrf1sh.wmv

Of course, a hacked F1 car doing 41 seconds at Hockenheim, makes it look tight (rd3):

rd3hocs27.wmv
Quote from ATHome :What FOV are you using ? Anything bigger than 95° can make you feeling like you're too fast...

But keep in mind, a F1 car goes like hell, so that's really not such a big suprise

LOL. Anything above 65 is insanely draining you from realistic views at speed on a 4:3 monitor....what in the **** does 95 come from? that is seriously out of the picture...(mening it is not good to drive with 95 on a 4:3, even 85 is not good 75 is way over the top....50-65 may work)
Ever seen an onboard camera of a lap around Monaco?

Now that's nuts. illepall
I've always used 90, think that's the default FOV anyway. We ran the bf1 on so long last night, I thought it was awesome.
Just tried the BF1 round south city, what a rush! can't beleive how fast the car feels round there, and the braking is insane
Quote from JeffR :I use a view of 65 degrees. As posted, Monaco in an F1 must be tough.

Tightest tracks were in an arcade game, NFS Underground 2's Street X events, this the longest of them, sub 29 second lap:

n8sx.wmv

rfrf1sh.wmv

Of course, a hacked F1 car doing 41 seconds at Hockenheim, makes it look tight (rd3):

rd3hocs27.wmv

my god ! i couldnt help it but laugh about those videos... what a joke !
F1's at Monaco aren't much different than the second video, except no one puts up solid barriers in the middle of a street course.
Quote from JeffR :I use a view of 65 degrees. As posted, Monaco in an F1 must be tough.

n8sx.wmv

rfrf1sh.wmv

rd3hocs27.wmv

LOL arcade games... :doh:

Now that Williams is taking the piss even by Codies standards.
Bottom line, too fast is in the eye and hands of the beholder.

Quote :arcade games

Arcade games can be fun too. First person shooter games aren't realistic, but they are still fun. I don't worry about where Lara is stashing all those weapons in the Tomb Raider series (Legends was just released), just seeing her roll, flip, dive, swim, jump, grab, climb, all the while shooting just about every endagered species on earth as well as just about anyone who gets in her way can be fun.

Some of the arcade games are impressive in spite of the physics:

n4dc.wmv

In nfs9 - most wanted, they have some subtle but cool effects, like dark areas getting brighter over time simulating your eyes adjusting. Plus there are cool sounds and the ever present pursuing cops and things to smash into, all part of teaching responsible driving:

n9c69.wmv

n9fprw.wmv

Then there's the ultimate in racing games:

hnr.wmv
arcade fanboy spotted AFAIK, i've never tried an arcade game in my life and i dont wanna try any.. i started with GPL, NR2003 and then LFS, GTL & NK pro.
I've always felt that South City was a bit wide compared to Monaco. Can anyone clever tell me the average widths of the two circuits so I can either be right or happy? Not tried this combo yet though... hmmmmm.

*clicks LFS icon*
#16 - abz1
a fov of 60-80 cuts out the mirrors. are you guys using the virtual mirror.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote :arcade fan boy

and almost proud of it ... Started with NFS2 (1997) (unless you count "pole position" from the old gaming computers like Atari 800), then went through the NFS series. NFS4 (1999) was the first time I tried online racing (chat room and "pits"). I think NFS4 was one of the first hosted online racing games released.

I do the sims as well, I spent 7 of 9 months in a row (there was a Tombraider version released during this time), hot lapping in GPL to get my GPL rank negative. Also joined the 500 second club (sub 8:20) by getting an 8:15.32 lap at Nurburg (Nordschliefe) in the Lotus.

I also got F1 2002 and F1C 99-02 when they were released as well as NR2003. I ordered GTR and GTLegends from Germany since I didn' want to wait for the USA release. I've added rFactor to the collection, and of course I have LFS, but it's the S2 T patch that has impressed me the most with LFS.
Just done some racing at SO Classic and all I can say is that it is mind boglingly fast
Quote from thisnameistaken :One problem I found at SO in the BF1 last night, wondered if anyone might know what was up: Braking for T2 (the 90-degree right hander) whenever I shifted into 2nd the rear end locked up. It didn't happen at any of the other 2nd gear corners, just that one, and I tried varying the timing of my downshift but couldn't get it happening. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, turn in in 3rd gear, and downshift in the corner... Not the best thing to do, but it solves the problem of the rears locking up on braking.
Quote from tristancliffe :I've always felt that South City was a bit wide compared to Monaco. Can anyone clever tell me the average widths of the two circuits so I can either be right or happy? Not tried this combo yet though... hmmmmm.

Monaco has some pretty tight spots, espeically all the hairpin turns. Based on the videos I've seen in the past, South City tracks are wider than Monaco, not that the widest part of Monaco isn't wider than the narrowest part of South City, but overall Monaco is narrower.

As I usually recommend, do a web search for F1 Monaco video and you get random hits. Someone who went there took some videos, but you need Real Player to view those. There's also a google video of a F1C99-02 lap at Monaco with a link to a better quality version.
don´t know if we are talking about the same corner, but there is a small bump directly beneath the 50m sign... maybe your rear is very light at the spot?

peace mo
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think its a blast SO with the bf1. And SO long is awsome. BTW I use 120 fov
I use 103 FOV

With it higher i get a better sense of where i am on the track, instead of looking through a tunnel
Quote from joeynuggetz :This is my favorite combo. Makes Monaco seem dull.

..You mean, Monaco isn't dull all on its own?
insane, pulled a 32.7 lap, never though i could go around that track that fast, time to hotlap for a WR

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG