The online racing simulator
First Sim, LFS & DFGT
(23 posts, started )
First Sim, LFS & DFGT
Hi all, ima newbie here (clear :P)
and i've just gotten to SIM Racing World, i got a Logitech DFGT with me, and im looking for some advice

i got the steering degree at 270 (LFS had it there.) but i think i still have to move the wheel way too much (like one 360 and more..) or its just me..

i've confed the game profile on Profiler already with the setups on LFS Manual.

See ya on the Tracks, Makikou
Quote from Makikou :Hi all, ima newbie here (clear :P)
and i've just gotten to SIM Racing World, i got a Logitech DFGT with me, and im looking for some advice

i got the steering degree at 270 (LFS had it there.) but i think i still have to move the wheel way too much (like one 360 and more..) or its just me..

i've confed the game profile on Profiler already with the setups on LFS Manual.

See ya on the Tracks, Makikou

Terve.

Firstly welcome to LFS, usually Single Seaters use 240-270 Degrees lock, while GTR class uses 540 degrees lock and road cars use 720 degrees lock. Most of the people use those degrees but its just for each guys style.

You can choose the steering lock on the profiler iirc.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel
A stupid question, as i got a finnish LFS, could you, EliteATI, PM me a screenshot with all the stuff explained? ^^

Makikou
#4 - VoiD
Since i have MOMO racing wheel i cannot help you but you'll find the steering lock in the Profiler Options i think.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... tting_up_a_Logitech_Wheel linky...

E: yeah MOMO hasnt those rotation options, go to edit -> Specific game settings and there you can choose the rotation lock settings.
Okay, i've found the good degree for road cars, and well.. the first two laps were horrible

but im learning already, i can do the chicane pretty well i think..
my pb is 1.42.80
I think i steer pretty well, but pedals are difficult :P Having slight problems with the 5 last turn (i can do the hairpin and chicane pretty well imho.)

Makikou
First week is hard, you will get used to it very quickly. I do very rarely STD/BL1 combo (A.K.A "Demo Combo to me") But i still get 1.34 - 1.35 every time.
Just did like 1.41.80 :O

Im catching on the idee, just finding those last two curves hard because i cant find a good line (i do use the racing line, but it just doesnt fit me there)
Heres the lines to get the 1.35.xx times, driven with mouse. Basic lap for you.

If you need a setup then go to setupfield.teaminferno.hu or setupgrid.net and choose the setup from correct category.
This set is from Setupgrid, i think its one of the most used setups from there.
DONT use default setup, it sucks without tweaking. Drag the replay to data/spr folder and that setup to data/setups folder.
Attached files
Eliteati_BL1_XFG_13506.spr - 49.7 KB - 175 views
XFG_BL1_halo_spr.set - 132 B - 1043 views
#10 - VoiD
Quote from Makikou :(i do use the racing line, but it just doesnt fit me there)

Try the opposite, learn the track, don´t get owned by the track.

On XFG_BL1_halo_spr.set (using 230°) I only get a 1:34.580... clearly been limited to personal skills and fear level.

So I`m fine with high ´34 or low ´35...
I cant use the replay, as its made in a newer version ( i got the one which i downloaded a week ago from lfs.net) Thanks for the setup though

Makikou
Getting that one for sure.
btw: i did 1.39.95!!! I keep doing 1.11 on 2nd sector too, when i started i had like 1.14 o.o
Ok, good. If you havent figured it out yet, pressing 4 will get "starters" Driving line. there you can improve your braking point and stuff.
If your wheel is set to a different lock than the in-game car and you're finding the fact that the wheel turns different amounts, turn off the steering wheel in the view settings.

I found turning off the visible wheel made me slightly faster as it was a lot less distracting.
Thanks for the tip, Crashgate3
Quote from Makikou :Thanks for the tip, Crashgate3

Oh boy! 1.37.31!
I keep constantly doing 1st sector at low 31sec and 2nd sector on low 1.10/high 1.09.
Quote from Makikou :Oh boy! 1.37.31!
I keep constantly doing 1st sector at low 31sec and 2nd sector on low 1.10/high 1.09.

What also helpes is some setting in windoews game device settings at 720 degrees and teher is an option in the LFS calibration screen.

It says compentsastion rate or something like that set that to 1
Quote from Makikou :Oh boy! 1.37.31!

You will get soon 30.xx and for 2nd split at least 1.08.xx - anyway after you have done good times on XFG you should move to XRG, improved my Record from 1.35.01 to 1.34.39! which is alot faster then i've raced on XFG.
Okay, ill be buying S2 for sure, because i just visited the online mode first time...
Encountered like 3 rammers in one race T_T (i was in FPRS)
Quote from Makikou :Okay, ill be buying S2 for sure, because i just visited the online mode first time...

Demo is full of idiots S2 is better (buts stil some rammers but they actualy pay like 30 euros just to get banned...
Quote from Makikou :Okay, ill be buying S2 for sure, because i just visited the online mode first time...

Haha, you mean FPRS Noob System Crash server?

That's just a fun server of ours where people who got tired of neat driving could enjoy themselves and crash where they want.

We had some nice servers in the past, but a team of little kids came crashing every time (banning didn't stop them)... But that's an old story and we're fully to S2 now.

Hope to see you there!
oh^^
Just managed to do 1.37.01! First i couldnt do it better, so i thought maybe i should start braking later. Started braking later onto first corner and noticed already on first split: 0.30.86 :O

First Sim, LFS & DFGT
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG