The online racing simulator
Reading some of these posts demonstrates that....
...I clearly don't know enough about racing set up, tire wear etc... I suspect many of our friends here don't either. So, to you who do understand all of this, where would you go to begin learning this stuff. I know there are many websites etc... but what would you recommend??? (books, websites, articles etc...) Trying to take it all in at once is too much. So where would you begin?
well websites on the internet are a good start to get the basics but a good start to setup a car in LFS is with Bob_Smith's setup guide.. can be a bit too much for the true newbie though but does help quite a bit... LINK it also contains a few links to other usefull stuff

he also made a easy to drive setup pack in the setup section of this forum...

as for the sites where you can expand your knowledge on motor racing i have links somewhere.. will try to find them..

mad
#3 - ajp71
Mostly pick knowledge and a feel for car setup from being around racing circles all my life. Useful books include:

Hilliers Fundamentals of Motor Mechanics (think that's what it's called) - goes through road cars and everything you could need to know about them. It's written as a textbook and is very useful as it goes from the blindingly obvious basics and can clear some major misconceptions.

Race and rally car prepartation (don't know the author) - an invaluble book about building race and rally cars. Written in the '80s a lot of the fundamentals still apply.
Many thanks
Thanks guys. Resources like those mentioned would be a help to many in these forums I suspect...
#5 - X-Ter
This site is what helps me do my setup these days. Since I can't cope with most posted setups out there, I have to make my own. In return, not many like my setups much, but I am about as fast as most the guys (the real humans, not the aliens who drive 5 seconds faster than anyone).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG