The online racing simulator
Japanese license plates ?
(21 posts, started )
Morning !

I've been looking around for some Japanese numberplates (gonna stick'em on as show plates when I get a car ) but all I've found are some rather extortionately priced ones on Ebay (some bloke in America wants between 20 quid and 200 quid for a pair, THEN 20-30 quid postage !!)

So I was hoping some of you could point me in the way of some custom plates (I'd like to pick my own numbers ...) for around the £20-25 mark, preferably including postage ! Having them in the genuine colours of white/darkish green would be an added bonus, but I can live with the typical knock-off white/black ones

Thanks in advance !
Quote from sil3ntwar :Just curious why you would want them? Assuming these http://www.olavsplates.com/japan_submissions.html are what you are talking about

I've just always wanted a set. I love anything Japanese, but automobiles & associated things come top ! Those are the style of plates I am after too

@Chrisuu01: Never really liked the yellow plates ! I think they would be even harder to find, especially at a cheap price, thats why I want a standard white pair
Quote from Equinox :I've just always wanted a set. I love anything Japanese, but automobiles & associated things come top ! Those are the style of plates I am after too

@Chrisuu01: Never really liked the yellow plates ! I think they would be even harder to find, especially at a cheap price, thats why I want a standard white pair

Sound logical yes il just take dutch plates when i get my licence and car
Il just paste a anime sticker on it
Custom plates are hard to come by now, because of restrictions on companies making them
Quote from danowat :Custom plates are hard to come by now, because of restrictions on companies making them

May I ask if you know what these restrictions are ?

Looks like I'm going to have to save up a bit more ... Saw a nice pair on Ebay with the letters MI-NI on the plate. Always wanted a mini, would be a nice touch !
I fairly sure it was recently made unlawfull for any company to make any numberplate (showplate or not) that wasn't road worthy/.
#9 - Osco
I fail to see the logic in putting JDM-plates on a non-Jap car (Mini..)
I fail to see the logic in your post since I'm sure Austin/Morris Minis were sold in Japan ?

amirite?
Be sure to get a car that fits with the JDM plate too:

They have separate kind of licence plates for cars that are sold only in Japan and different ones for imports?
#14 - Osco
Quote from Equinox :I fail to see the logic in your post since I'm sure Austin/Morris Minis were sold in Japan ?

amirite?

does being sold in Japan make it a Japanese manufactured car..?

no flaming tbh, just curious why one would put JDM (style) plates on a car that has no Japanese background..
You never know, he might have a Ford with a Yamaha Zetec engine...
Quote from Equinox :I fail to see the logic in your post since I'm sure Austin/Morris Minis were sold in Japan ?

amirite?

If you would know the rules of japan plates your austin mini would need to have white plates with black letters not green becaus of the engine (if its the stock engine)Becaus the engine is over 660 cc and a private use vehicle

@crommmi The japanese car plates rules are here \|/

Japanese License Plates regulations :
The different colors are based on the size of the vehicle and whether
it is for commercial use or not. Regular cars have a white background
and black letters. Private cars under 660 cc have a yellow background
with black letters. Commercial use vehicles over 660 cc use white
letters on a green background while those under 660 cc use white
letters on a black background. If you see a white plate with a red
line through it, it's a temporary or dealer's plate. Blue plates
are usually diplomatic, while white plates with a certain kanji on
them are for consulate vehicles. White plates with no Japanese and
six digit numbers are military.
Mmm...k

Guess I just don't get it why guys are calling japanese licence plates JDM-plates since there's no specific plates just for JDM cars. Plates on the otherhand are just items that are enforced by law and regulations, there's no market for them.
japanese plates on a car located in Britain... ummm... probably not the best idea. Do you mean you might have one on the back, and a british plate on front? Or one a japanese plate on front, and a british plate in back? I just a little confusd right now at why you want to do this.
"Showplates": Either in the vehicles original license plate holders, whist parked at an event, or placed on the inside of front & rear windows whilst on the road. AFAIK you can mount one of each, either way round. Nut sure whether you can externally mount showplates whilst on the road though ? (As in, if I have my British plates in their original holders, I could have the Japanese plates (NOT JDM ffs ...) mounted offset on the bumpers at the same time?

@Chrisuu01: Didn't realise the white/green plates were for commercial vehicles, thanks for pointing that out!
Quote from pacesetter :This site is horrendous, and absoloutly hilarious in the worst ways possible

i know, really! funniest, horrendous, most awesome encyclopedia ever!

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG