The online racing simulator
Helmetless drivers
(14 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Helmetless drivers
My only bad comment about the new patch is that we've still got the helmetless drivers they just take the piss IMO.
#2 - Lible
And where is your suggestion... ?. Helmetless drivers can only be get by "hacking" lfs. So, that isn't a bug or something... anyway.

I would also use it, if there would be helmet weight.
#3 - ajp71
They could easilly be stopped if the devs wanted to. My suggestion as I suggested pre-patch is to stop the hack or at least give an option to force helmets.
#4 - tinyk
I really don't see why this bothers you so much. Is it so hard to ignore them? Are the drivers with no eyes so scary to see? I'm sorry I have to giggle everytime I see someone talk about this. Yea I know some want things as authentic as they can be compared to real life racing... but maybe driving without a helmet in LFS is their way of walking on the wild side. lol If it's for a league race or something where you want everyone to conform to certain guidelines then I think maybe people could be asked to have helmets on. But for everday just out to have fun moments... I don't see the problem.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
@tinyk: It only bothers me because when ever a blonde is driving the track, they don't have flowing blonde hair flying all over the place

But yeah, looks wierd, would be nice if we all just stuck to our typical driver suits and helmets.
#6 - tinyk
Quote from Tweaker :@tinyk: It only bothers me because when ever a blonde is driving the track, they don't have flowing blonde hair flying all over the place

But yeah, looks wierd, would be nice if we all just stuck to our typical driver suits and helmets.

k drivers with no eyes and flying hair would be scary. lol To me there's a place for everyone in LFS... even the helmetless drivers. Would I do it, no.. but I don't have a problem with others doing it.

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~
#7 - _Rob_
/me uses helmetless driver
Well yeah, a noob in crime is not easily identifiable with no face showing
speaking of which... what are the side impact ratings on the UF1k? lol
Can't say i've seen this one, anyone got a screenie?
1 thing i was thinking... why wear a helmet in a car if i don´t wear any seat belt???
More likely to smash your head against the steering wheel/windscreen etc :P.
in IRL i prefer seat belt more than helmet...
to stop you flying around...
VIVAT FLATOUT
Concerning this, I don't like the damage restriction on car doors. What about injuring driver eliminating you from race.... ???
Don't you want a real game??
OK, that's bullshit

Helmetless drivers
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG