The online racing simulator
If it wasnt for cruise servers id have finished playing LFS years ago in my perspective racing is boring exept when there are huge pileups so I spend 99.99999% of my LFS time on cruise servers
Quote from brataccas :If it wasnt for cruise servers id have finished playing LFS years ago in my perspective racing is boring exept when there are huge pileups so I spend 99.99999% of my LFS time on cruise servers

Oh, that's why 99% of LFS crashing videos on YouTube are from you?
Quote from brataccas :If it wasnt for cruise servers id have finished playing LFS years ago in my perspective racing is boring exept when there are huge pileups so I spend 99.99999% of my LFS time on cruise servers

So, cruise servers are a bit like retirement homes for the elderly?
Quote from Shadowww :Oh, that's why 99% of LFS crashing videos on YouTube are from you?

hehe. no comment:banghead:

Quote from squidhead :So, cruise servers are a bit like retirement homes for the elderly?

:uglyhamme

Racing is boring when there are no big crashes but cruising is exciting and interesting?
Quote from Andrei221 :I am not playing on cruise servers BUT :

I was thinking, what if at cruise demo servers you guys will limit the functions of the insim. For example they can't buy more than one car, and other limits. For the full insim functions they should get LFS S2 if they really like to cruise and why not, maybe they will race after they see S2.

What i am saying is that limiting some insim functions for demo would bring 1 out of 10 to S2. Just IMO.

I wouldn't agree with that. Keep alll the functions but get more demo cruise servers. The LTC guys have done that, and here's the list with people who got their s2 after joining LTC demo: http://livetocruise.net/upgraders.php
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :my opinion: the demo should be so:
- only xfg and xrg
- only blackwood gp in one direction (not reversed or rallycross)
- no insim functionality
- always an advert on top of screen: i.e. "buy s2 for full content" and the LFS logo

This way nobody will buy s2. They have to get the feeling of slow cars, as well as the feeling for fast cars. They got to have the feeling of the asphalt, as well as the feeling for gravel. In my opinion the devs have thought very well about the demo license system.

:something

I am in a huge pain to understand how can cruising can be less boring than racing?

Because in cruising, when you arrive to a corner, what you think is:

"Oh god, the hairpin comes... Oh god I DIDN'T BRAKE... OH THAT'S TOO INTENSE! Oh Wait, I'm already at 80kph, so that's okay".

Or when you are about to lap someone

"Haha, this is very gratifying, I managed to catch up the most famous LX6 of the server with my stock UF1, THIS IS SO KEWL ! I'M SO ELITE ! Oh damn, I missed the passing lane, so I can't pass him, I'll have to wait another lap because I don't want to get fined".
Quote from Zen321 ::something

I am in a huge pain to understand how can cruising can be less boring than racing?

".

I use to race but i use to cruise too. I don't think racing is more or less boring but i know cruise isn't boring at all. It's pretty funny to try to make way through noobs, pass them, watch for outcomming traffic etc. The only time cruising is boring it's when u are alone (even though sometimes I like to turn the music on and drive).
I really don't understand people who know of existance of TDU, and still cruise in LFS
Quote from Andrei221 :I am not playing on cruise servers BUT :

I was thinking, what if at cruise demo servers you guys will limit the functions of the insim. For example they can't buy more than one car, and other limits. For the full insim functions they should get LFS S2 if they really like to cruise and why not, maybe they will race after they see S2.

What i am saying is that limiting some insim functions for demo would bring 1 out of 10 to S2. Just IMO.

Online at: [url="lfs://%7C%5BLc%5DLibertyCruise%7C0%7CS2%7C/"][Lc]LibertyCruise[/url]

mh?!
hey in the cruise servers are racers too ..
when someone passes me I get to compete with him (if the cars are in the same class) and some cruisers are very good in that .. passing the others without crash the barriers.. but there are noobs too ( like everywhere )
and the "good cruisers" are ready for racing in the serious racing servers
so
Quote from Zen321 ::something

Because in cruising, when you arrive to a corner, what you think is:

"Oh god, the hairpin comes... Oh god I DIDN'T BRAKE... OH THAT'S TOO INTENSE! Oh Wait, I'm already at 80kph, so that's okay".

Or when you are about to lap someone

"Haha, this is very gratifying, I managed to catch up the most famous LX6 of the server with my stock UF1, THIS IS SO KEWL ! I'M SO ELITE ! Oh damn, I missed the passing lane, so I can't pass him, I'll have to wait another lap because I don't want to get fined".

You get it all wrong. Lets see TC:
You drive slowly to get money for faster cars. After you have faster cars you still have to drive slowly sometimes because speeding cause money loss.
But the main point are the police chases!
I used to race before and doing a nice pass or winning a race newer was close exciting like my first chase. I was shake in the whole chase, and almost broke my wheel.

Quote from squidhead :I really don't understand people who know of existance of TDU, and still cruise in LFS

lol its the worst online game ever. 10 min cruising until you fond someone, then he just begin ramming you to the h3ll. Or 'server unenviable' (or whatever I do not really remember) text every time after you leave garage.
#39 - Byku
6 cruise servers with over 20 people on each. Around 160 people are cruising right now... oh christ.... Sry for this offtop, but this is starting to be a big shock to me .
Quote from Byku :6 cruise servers with over 20 people on each. Around 160 people are cruising right now... oh christ.... Sry for this offtop, but this is starting to be a big shock to me .

Makes me feel like LFS is loosing it's identity.

No matter what anyone says LFS is a racing simulator, all the cruise servers are slowly taking that away.

Which is bad...mmmkay, very bad
I don't get the bad vibes about cruise servers. There's not that many of them and you can click an option and not see them any more.

My big annoyance with LFS is demo servers totally dominating the server list when I'm wanting a good race.

Do we really need 50+ XRG/XFG@BL1 servers? No. Sort it out guys.
Quote from AtTilA08 :
But the main point are the police chases!
I used to race before and doing a nice pass or winning a race newer was close exciting like my first chase. I was shake in the whole chase, and almost broke my wheel.

Don't worry, I wouldn't allow myself to bitch about cruise servers without actually having driven in them (at least once or twice).

The police chases SHOULD be the main and funniest part of cruise servers. I remember joining a CnR (Cops n' Robbers) server before the cruise servers popped up and it was really really fun.

But you don't get the same fun in the cruise servers. Let me explain.

From what I know and have experienced, the cruise gestapo... sorry police my bad, isn't really fond of chases (I suspect they are too comfy eating donuts in front of their screens, like real american cops !) and seem to be more interesting in seeing people go round and round and fine them if they beat the speed limit by 1km/h.

Then, when you disturb their peaceful and actionless server-time presence, they ignite a car that outmatches yours (generally slicks+downforce+HP) without displaying any racing skills and ram you out of the track. If you refuse to pay the fine, you are usually banned. This clearly emphasize the fact that they are more interested in getting fines than having a fun time chasing others.

This is because most of the cruise cops I met on the servers were between 12 and 15 years old, in their worse hormone-related periods, probably grounded by their parents. That is why they enjoy the "authoritaaaah" they get on cruise servers. And once you jeopardize their authoritah, they get really pissed. What is sad, is that their authoritah is displayed by possessing the fastest cars, and absolutely no skills of driving them.
FFS, a long time ago I managed to make a chase against a cop FZR last 7 minutes... in a UF1. Yes, an UF1. The guy had no idea how to handle a car, or use the strength of the FZR, and I just had to slalom around the barriers with the UF1 superior reactivity to lose him or make him crash. The chase ended just because he banned me out of frustration not being able to catch that car.

I don't see the point of cruising in LFS, because the scenery (apart from FE and SO perhaps) isn't made to be enjoyable for the eyes, but for functionnality as a purposely-built track usually is. But I can understand why people cruise, and I honestly don't give a damn why people play LFS as long as I can get some nice races in race-oriented servers.
But what I cannot understand is why people join cruise servers to display a virtual authority they lack IRL, just to piss people off.
Quote from Zen321 :Don't worry, I wouldn't allow myself to bitch about cruise servers without actually having driven in them (at least once or twice).

The police chases SHOULD be the main and funniest part of cruise servers. I remember joining a CnR (Cops n' Robbers) server before the cruise servers popped up and it was really really fun.

But you don't get the same fun in the cruise servers. Let me explain.

From what I know and have experienced, the cruise gestapo... sorry police my bad, isn't really fond of chases (I suspect they are too comfy eating donuts in front of their screens, like real american cops !) and seem to be more interesting in seeing people go round and round and fine them if they beat the speed limit by 1km/h.

Then, when you disturb their peaceful and actionless server-time presence, they ignite a car that outmatches yours (generally slicks+downforce+HP) without displaying any racing skills and ram you out of the track. If you refuse to pay the fine, you are usually banned. This clearly emphasize the fact that they are more interested in getting fines than having a fun time chasing others.

This is because most of the cruise cops I met on the servers were between 12 and 15 years old, in their worse hormone-related periods, probably grounded by their parents. That is why they enjoy the "authoritaaaah" they get on cruise servers. And once you jeopardize their authoritah, they get really pissed. What is sad, is that their authoritah is displayed by possessing the fastest cars, and absolutely no skills of driving them.
FFS, a long time ago I managed to make a chase against a cop FZR last 7 minutes... in a UF1. Yes, an UF1. The guy had no idea how to handle a car, or use the strength of the FZR, and I just had to slalom around the barriers with the UF1 superior reactivity to lose him or make him crash. The chase ended just because he banned me out of frustration not being able to catch that car.

I don't see the point of cruising in LFS, because the scenery (apart from FE and SO perhaps) isn't made to be enjoyable for the eyes, but for functionnality as a purposely-built track usually is. But I can understand why people cruise, and I honestly don't give a damn why people play LFS as long as I can get some nice races in race-oriented servers.
But what I cannot understand is why people join cruise servers to display a virtual authority they lack IRL, just to piss people off.

I agree.

I occasionaly go on cruise servers, and enjoy them, and I'll tell you why:

It can be a lot like rallying. You aren't against anyone on track, but with the right car you are right on the edge, a small mistake and you'll fly 50 miles into the air. Go to LTC, rent a FOX and race round the track! It is very exciting! Plus find the right people, and you can have great races!

Even though you can't do anything really exciting with it except buy cars, you gain money, which (this sounds really stupid) feels nice. You are getting a reward for your efforts.

If you know the right people, you can have great police chases, like the ones that used to go on in CnR servers! I have had some great ones, making me feel like AtTilA08, shaking, adrenaline coursing through my body, something that very few races do!

It's all about knowing the right people, and having friends like you, people that want good chases and races! But that can be hard, as I said, I agree completely with Zen321's post. I'm a racer at heart!
I see what you mean, but this kind of adrenaline push is prohibited by the cops that enforce the 'law' stupidly high.

It is like filtering everybody who wants to live for speed. On the long run, the only people who will stay on the servers are sheeps who like to drive slow because they are the only people that will enjoy fully their experience.

I can understand that earning money is the reward that drives you there. My reward is the feeling of accomplishment when improving my time, winning a battle, or simply participating in good actions.
Not all cruise servers reward you for driving slow. Always hearing that old horse getting beaten as if ALL cruise servers want you to drive at the speed limit. We just got the speed limit to give a REASON to initiate a fun chase. It's a suggest limit so if you break it you got no reason to complain if you crash out and lose big money. Go fast if you want, if you hit a slower car then it's your fault for not being a good enough driver to miss them. So you should take the blame for your own mistake. I think some peoples idea of what speed limits are for. Rules are MEANT to be be broken attitude, but if your busted, well, that's your own fault....

[OT]
The demo cruise servers only have 3 cars and Blackwood. I dunno if limiting the features in those servers would attract more S2 players. If they could only have the one car then there is no reason to really drive to make cash to buy the next car. So their wouldn't be much point to try and 'earn' the next dollar/euro/yen. So it would probably just kill Demo Cruising, hence less cruisers. So I don't really think the idea will have any effect on increasing numbers. You might end up with higher proportion of serious racers to cruisers if anything.

Then again maybe I am biased, I try not to be.
I think I'll start the KAC movement: Kill All Cruisers.:chair:
For the LFS sake, for the back of glorious days, go TDU!
:lfs:
Quote from Speed Soro :I think I'll start the KAC movement: Kill All Cruisers.:chair:
For the LFS sake, for the back of glorious days, go TDU!
:lfs:

Then I'll start the Kill All Brazilians movement. Because I feel like it.
TDU, for your info, is nothing more than a semi-arcade.

You don't like cruise servers, well click the 'cruise' button on the list and live on.

And Zen321, I have my own version of your little story, but racer oriented. The few times I join race servers all you find is kids "between 12 and 15 years old, in their worse hormone-related periods" that kick and ban anyone out of racing line. Even the tinyest accidental nudge and bam.
Quote from Eno88 :Then I'll start the Kill All Brazilians movement. Because I feel like it.

I want to join both movements. The world will be a happier place.
Quote from Eno88 :Then I'll start the Kill All Brazilians movement. Because I feel like it.
TDU, for your info, is nothing more than a semi-arcade.

You don't like cruise servers, well click the 'cruise' button on the list and live on.

And Zen321, I have my own version of your little story, but racer oriented. The few times I join race servers all you find is kids "between 12 and 15 years old, in their worse hormone-related periods" that kick and ban anyone out of racing line. Even the tinyest accidental nudge and bam.

No comments about your racist commentary.
About TDU agains LFS, I think at least in TDU you have much more tracks, enviroments and cars to "cruise" around, and once your are just "cruising", not racing, there no much demand for real simulation.
And yes, my "cruise" filter is always turned on. Good "cruise"... bro.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I want to join both movements. The world will be a happier place.

Is that a kind of racism? Are you trying to be funny?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG