The online racing simulator
Support Kristján Einar
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Gil07
Support Kristján Einar
Quote :Two weeks ago, Icelandic racer Kristján Einar was set to begin the Atlantic Championship season with Newman-Wachs Racing. The Carpocalypse changed that. Now he needs $500,000 in sponsor money.

During his first and only season in Formula 3, Kristján, displaying a level of maturity not normally seen in racers at his level of experience, beat out many drivers with three to six years more time behind the wheel to finish on the Podium at Monza. That would have been a solid start to a professional racing career for anyone, but for Kristján, it was just the beginning. He has bigger plans. Kristján has a dream of becoming a Formula One driver by his fifth season in single-seat racing. For all intents, he was well on his way to accomplishing that goal, securing not only a seat with Newman Wachs Racing — founded by Paul Newman and Eddie Wachs — in the Atlantic Championship, supporting American Le Mans, but also a sponsor willing to foot the $500,000 bill for a year of racing. That's why Kristján boarded a plane to New York to sign the contract.

The sponsor withdrew its offer, leaving Kristján with a guaranteed seat at one of this country's premier race teams, but without the cash to sit in it.

Jalopnik article.

In short, Kristján (kekkart on LFS) needs all the help he can get to find a new sponsor for the upcoming Champ Car Atlantic season... Would be great if you all could join this Facebook group, not much effort and who knows if it might help!

Thanks
I read this article a couple weeks ago, had no idea who he was though haha. Then I saw that SonicRealms post at the end today though and figured it out. Would be pretty cool if they really could help him out.
Good luck Kristjan, sucks about the sponsor ditching you last minute... I'm sure you'll find another sponsor and carry on your career .
Yes good luck to him, but 500k sponsorship wtf??

I don't mean to sound nasty but there are plenty promising drivers that would do well with the right dosh behind them. Unfortunately money is what matters in getting anywhere in the sport of motor racing these days
Quote from AlienT. :Yes good luck to him, but 500k sponsorship wtf??

I don't mean to sound nasty but there are plenty promising drivers that would do well with the right dosh behind them. Unfortunately money is what matters in getting anywhere in the sport of motor racing these days

These days? It's pretty much always been like that!

Support Kristján Einar
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG