The online racing simulator
Gah, what's this phrase?
(19 posts, started )
Gah, what's this phrase?
Regarding databases, when you keep your data 'healthy' and free from errors and duplicates. There's an industry buzz-word for it 'data..' -something.

I know it, but it's just on the tip of my tongue and I can't quite rememeber it.
Scrubbing?
#3 - SamH
Optimized? Compact?
I think maybe you're talking about "data redundancy"?
#5 - SamH
I think it's prolly scrubbing, but we won't know til he answers.
Quote from SamH :I think it's prolly scrubbing, but we won't know til he answers.

I've never heard of data scrubbing, but maybe that's because I'm not english And because I haven't really been keeping up with database related stuff
#7 - SamH
Yeah, it's one of those "buzz words" that not everybody uses rather than an official term (like technology's "bleeding edge"), which is the main reason why I think it's prolly the word he's looking for.

Scrubbing refers to the (usually only part-automated) process of seeking/destroying duplicate data, compacting tables, creating optimized indexes, constructing relationships and so on.
It's not scrubbing.

It's something like data cleansing, but not quite. It's not an adverb, it's a noun describing a process.

EDIT: 'Data-hygeine' That's it

I knew it was some horrible management-speak phrase like that.
#9 - SamH
That's the kind of buzz word that comes out of blue sky thinking.
Well I am famed for my helicopter viewpoint.

I utterly hate writing covering letters and CVs. The language you're expected to use makes me need a shower afterwards. You know you're talking bulls**t, they know you're talking bulls**t, and yet you're both expected to keep up the whole ridiculous charade.
i had that same arguement last year with my pwl teacher when we did our coursework which was to write a cv and covering letter :drunk:
I dont know where anyone got the idea that people write good covering letters and CV's from, I have to deal with recruitment in India and believe me when I say they'd make more sense to me if they wrote them in Hindi and I dont know a word of it.

I dont even bother with a CV anymore, certainly nothing that can be recognised as a CV. It's more a collection of images and screenshots with captions. The whole thing about believing your qualifications and previous employment meens anything is pretty rubbish, i'd rather demonstrate what I can do.

When I read a CV I look for the clues as to what the persons skills are, and then I look for the evidence to back it up. I don't care what university you went too who says you can do something - I look for some hint as to the skills you think you have, the evidence to support it (examples) and then I test you on it... Believe me when I say finding anyone who can actually pass all 3 conditions is a nightmare.

I'll say one thing for school leavers, they don't lie about their previous experience! (hint: if you have skills use them out of passion and show what you've done, it meens more than a certificate).
Depends entirely whether your CV is being read by a proffessional who enjoys their job and genuinely beleives in what they're doing, or a bitter middle-manager who has to constantly make up words in a deperate attempt to justify their job to their superiors.

Unfortunately for me, until I finish my degree, my CVs will be read by the latter.
"Game-changing" is the new insta-rage buzzword.
data integrity?

First thing that came to my mind at least.
#17 - Migz
Well i thought it was Data Validation, but it seems i was wrong :/
Data deduplication?

Gah, what's this phrase?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG