The online racing simulator
TC sucks or doesn't?
(57 posts, started )
TC sucks or doesn't?
Hello fellowracers... I just have to shout out my opion or I will crash

TC sucks... It doesn't matter if F1 IRL has it or not but I don't like game/motor to do driving for me. Looked dedi server cfg and didn't see there option to limit it to be ruled out so I don't know if somebody on server uses it.

I'd like to drive without it but it's not fun when i do hard work against some one who just push metal to the petal and leaves me stand pants on my knees.

Who ever setups a server which limits people not to use TC will get my love for a life time....
How long have you been driving with it for?
How many times have you tweaked settings and changed options?
How much milage have you done?
How many laps on a track that isnt new?
How many races or practice sessions have you had?

Traction Control is there for a reason, to make things realistic. F1 has traction control, either race with it, or without it, or try a mix of it, but please, give it a few weeks before deciding if you like it or not.
I havent tried the fz50 with the TC but the tC on the bmw f1 i can still spin it. It makes it easier to drive, but from wat ive driven it doesnt mean its easy.
#4 - dylan
as tristantcliffe i'm not an ABS/ESP fan, but the TC on the F1 simply rocks, make it more realistic. And without it i doubt i would be able to do a decent laptime
To be honest, i like it on the BMW Sauber, its saved my hyde many a time, but on the FZ50 i really dont see the point, its not that hard a car to control anyway. The rumble of the TC on the BMW is just spine tingling good.

If you dont like it then just disable it? I just hope it doesnt appear on every car.
erm... its only on the BF1 at the moment.
No, it's supposed to be on the FZ50 as well...

Serp.
really? it didnt work for me when i tried all the cars
I can't see any problem with the TC at all, even on the FZ50. I keep it set to allow 10% wheelspin, it only kicked in just before I would have spun. I was getting into these wild angles and it wasn't getting in my way, just keeping me from spinning.

As far as F1 goes, I seriously doubt even the top drivers could control their cars without the TC, they pretty much have the same reaction times everyone else has, so they wouldn't be able to stop it spinning in time. If TC is what LFS needs to realistically simulate F1, then so be it, as long as it's adjustable I don't care.
Quote from mkinnov8 :really? it didnt work for me when i tried all the cars

Yeah, if you go to the setup screen you'll see a Brakes/TC tab.

Serp.
Quote from mkinnov8 :How long have you been driving with it for?
How many times have you tweaked settings and changed options?
How much milage have you done?
How many laps on a track that isnt new?
How many races or practice sessions have you had?

Traction Control is there for a reason, to make things realistic. F1 has traction control, either race with it, or without it, or try a mix of it, but please, give it a few weeks before deciding if you like it or not.

My opinion is because I like to do the work by my self. All helps you can turn on makes game arcade and the gap between arcade and simulator is can you win wheel with kb... Now I see people driving with kb like they had wheel just using acceleration on/off and not about skills so it's not good thing.

At least would like to see update to dedi server to allow rule out TC that what I'm asking
I dont know why there is TC on FZ50. It should rather be on RA that FZ50. Hopefully no other cars have TC. I like TC on Sauber(to be honest, I think its a little more effective than in real, but Im not F1 pilot) - real Sauber has TC, LFS Sauber has TC - thats how it is real, no matter if some m8 think that TC sucks.
If you like doing all yourself, go for it and the best of luck, but others will want to do things more realisticly, ala traction control on the F1 car.

Happy racing.
#14 - Vain
The first thing I do after entering a race is disabling TC. I just can't live with the feeling that I'm not in control, but some traction-algorithm.

Vain
I havnt driven the fz250 since the patch so i can only talk about the BF1

i think the traction control is a good think, makes the car easy enough to drive with all that power that you can actually RACE and have fun rather than battle with the car 99% of the time. Without it its kinda like the f08, not as much fun.

it makes the car easy to drive at 80% but when you really are pushing its still hard with TC on, and because the speeds involved are SO high, you have to concetrate really hard anyway adds a whole new challenge.

i think its a good thing, and really if you dont like it press O and hey preso its gone
#16 - avih
it feels great and i like it. although i don't have enough milage to appreciate it yet, and only started using early gas while counting on TC to hold me lately. still a good thing imo.

oh, and the BF1 rocks and has great sound
I must admit, I find the traction control on the BF1 really, really good. You can still spin the car in all kinds of situations if you dont drive it right. If you get the car rotating to much under trail braking, and get on the throttle, even with the TC you can spin it, you can spin it if you hit bumps and dont correct properly or ifyou suddenly change line when the TC is on the limit.
Its a really sophisticated implementation of TC as far as I can tell and certainly makes things more realistic, and more fun.

So nerr.
What people forget is that real F1 cars are nowadays constructed with the TC in mind, meaning that the engineers can be more aggressive on the general layout of the car knowing that the driver is helped by the TC.

It's not just to make it easier, it's there to make it quicker by using a more aggressive setup and still keeping it controllable. I am sure we will see some very quick setups in the next couple of weeks that will be totally uncontrollable without TC and that would be just like in real life.
Im happy to se traction control on the cars. I can now drive the fz with TC enabled and the car will still spin if your stupid with it. All i can say is i hope more cars get it and if you dont like to have Traction control in your car then TURN IT OFF
Quote from MadCatX :I dont know why there is TC on FZ50. It should rather be on RA that FZ50. Hopefully no other cars have TC. I like TC on Sauber(to be honest, I think its a little more effective than in real, but Im not F1 pilot) - real Sauber has TC, LFS Sauber has TC - thats how it is real, no matter if some m8 think that TC sucks.

You partly answered for yourself already. Real Raceabout doesn't have TC, so LFS RAC doesn't have. FZ50 have been said representing cars like Porsche 911, Ferrari 550 Maranello and Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, which all have TC in real life, so it's obvius (even though not necessarily needed) to have it in LFS too.
If you're so silky smooth with the car you shouldn't see the blue light flickering in the first place. The fact is that F1 cars are quicker with TC than without, and isn't the point of racing to get the best result out of the equipment you've got? It's an aid which reacts to what the car is doing, it isn't a game aid like steering help which corrects/helps things before the game ever 'tells' the car. Hardly the realms of turning LFS into an arcade racer like someone said.

The FZ50 is a different story, but not using the TC on the F1 is just imposing a handicap on yourself in every race. Teams wouldn't spend millions developing it if it didn't make the car go faster.

I can see why people would want the challenge of racing the Sauber without TC, so it's a good job it comes with an OFF button.
Quote from NeoTry :Hello fellowracers... I just have to shout out my opion or I will crash

TC sucks... It doesn't matter if F1 IRL has it or not but I don't like game/motor to do driving for me. Looked dedi server cfg and didn't see there option to limit it to be ruled out so I don't know if somebody on server uses it.

I'd like to drive without it but it's not fun when i do hard work against some one who just push metal to the petal and leaves me stand pants on my knees.

Who ever setups a server which limits people not to use TC will get my love for a life time....

Wanna be the new TC Taliban? :lol:
Before was the "force cockpit view" , now the "force TC off" ... I wonder what will be the next "force ...." ...
If you don't like it turn it off , it's in the setup screen :P
I'm happy having the option, thanks SCAVIER for such great patch.It's really really good....
Quote from Kashopi :Wanna be the new TC Taliban? :lol:
Before was the "force cockpit view" , now the "force TC off" ... I wonder what will be the next "force ...." ...
If you don't like it turn it off , it's in the setup screen :P
I'm happy having the option, thanks SCAVIER for such great patch.It's really really good....

I agree with you 100% :rally_dri :hidesbehi
If you want to see the value of TC, check out the first parade lap from the australian grand prix, on of the drivers switches it off to warm up his tyres, and promptly spins out, if someone else hadn't stalled on the grid he'd have been down 8 places from his qual position at the start!!
Quote from z3r0c00l :If you want to see the value of TC, check out the first parade lap from the australian grand prix, on of the drivers switches it off to warm up his tyres, and promptly spins out, if someone else hadn't stalled on the grid he'd have been down 8 places from his qual position at the start!!

That was Montoya, a guy i know lost £50 becuase of his overconfident driving.

TC sucks or doesn't?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG