The online racing simulator
planning to build a new pc
(17 posts, started )
...but im not really up to date with stuff.
i havent got much money, so its gonna be a budget pc.
ive picked hardware and want u guys to have a look

mainboard: Asrock A770CrossFire

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e

GPU: Palit GF9600GT Super

RAM: 2x Kingston ValueRAM DIMM 1 GB DDR2-800

HDD: Western Digital WD2500AAKS 250 GB

PSU: Asus Atlas A-45GA

so...as far as i can tell this should work well together.

or should i pick something else somewhere?
note, i want AMD and nvidia only
also, if u have suggestions for a better system go ahead and let me know.

the total price shouldnt exceed 330€.

thanks for your time ^^
I have an Asrock mobo and the quality was "meh" at best.

And If you are sticking with Nvidia why are you going to use a mobo that supports crossfire rather than sli?
as i said, not really up to date with hardware
i wont use a second GPU anyway.
but its rather hard to find a mainboard without crossfire or sli support ^^
what about MSI K9A2 Neo-F ? (have had MSI board all the time, pretty happy with it)
btw im going to use a am2+ board, for easier upgrade later.
this also supports am2 cpus.
any better?
Don't go for the Athlon X2 4850e, I have one and it's really weak . Get a Phenom II.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Don't go for the Athlon X2 4850e, I have one and it's really weak . Get a Phenom II.

way over my budget
I'm just giving you a heads up, don't expect too much from it or you'll be disappointed.
currently im running an athlon xp 2600+ at 1.92 ghz...guess what an improvement that new cpu will be for me ^^

another option would be AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+.
what about that?
#8 - amp88
I've got a 4850e @ 2.94GHz in my home file server and a 5200+ @ 2.9GHz in my parent's HTPC machine. They're both very good budget CPUs but they're much better for HTPC or general light usage than gaming or other very CPU intensive tasks. Take a look here and here for some benchmarks against Phenom and Intel CPUs. You've already said you're leaving room for later upgrades, so a 4850e or 5200+ will tide you over with general use and low to medium gaming performance until you can afford a better CPU but don't expect too much from them. Resale value (if you want to sell them when you upgrade the CPU) will not be very good, so it may be worth waiting until you can afford a better CPU and buying everything then, rather than going for a 4850e/5200+ at the moment.

I've included a screenshot of the CPU usage on my 4850e and 5200+ when playing back the same 1080p movie. Each of the systems uses the same ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard with integrated Radeon 3200 graphics and 2GB of RAM.

What sites will you be ordering hardware from, so we can get an idea of how much things cost over there?
Attached images
4850e.PNG
5200+.PNG
Amp, do you need a better cooler for the overclocked 4850e? I'm using the stock one that came with the CPU, how well do you think it would cope with a little overclocking? Right now my temps are fairly low thanks to good airflow in the case and the fact that I don't have any power-hungry devices in there, I'm just running the onboard Radeon 3300 from my 790GX board and a hard drive, and the CPU, that's about it.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Amp, do you need a better cooler for the overclocked 4850e? I'm using the stock one that came with the CPU, how well do you think it would cope with a little overclocking? Right now my temps are fairly low thanks to good airflow in the case and the fact that I don't have any power-hungry devices in there, I'm just running the onboard Radeon 3300 from my 790GX board and a hard drive, and the CPU, that's about it.

I'm just running the stock cooler and thermal pad. Temps at full load are 46/47, idle 31/32. I'm running at 0.1V over stock (the BIOS on this ASUS board allows you to select from 0.05/0.1/0.15V over stock). There's definitely room for a bit more with more voltage, but ~3.00 is pretty sensible for 24/7 use as a home file server, IMO.

The case is this InWin model. It's got a 120mm exhaust fan on the case and an intake port in the side for the HSF.

From everything I've read about it it's a nice little overclocker, so you should be able to hit 3.00 without too many problems.
Attached images
4850tempsload.png
ive got a lineup from some1 else.
looks decent enough

mainboard: Asus M3N78-AM GF8200 AM2+
CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ 2x2900MHz 2x512Kb AM2 Box
RAM: 2x 1024MB OCZ XTC Platinum 800MHz CL4
HDD: 500GB Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar SE 16MB SATA2
GPU: 512MB XpertVision/Palit GF9800GT Super DDR3 HDMI
PSU: Netzteil ATX be quiet! BQT Straight Power E6 350W

makes 345€.

im gonna buy the hardware from http://www.mindfactory.de
I still say you should go with the 7750 KUMA.

EDIT: Might want moar than 350W for 9800gt + older x2
they guy that gave me that setup said it wont use more than 250W.
besides, its a brand PSU not some cheap one.

what would be the reason to take the cpu u said? isnt it slower? ^^
and its not on their website anyway ^^
i want to order everything from one site.
this one has ok-ish prices, and when u shop at night u dont even need to pay any shipping or so..
Hey, you can choose whatever you want; it's your money. I'm just saying maybe do some homework and look up the 7750 kuma and compare it to 5600. I'd do it but, eh.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :they guy that gave me that setup said it wont use more than 250W.
besides, its a brand PSU not some cheap one.

Sorry, but thats not strong enough...
I would recomend 450W at LEAST, I have a 9800 GT with a 550W PSU.
Anything under 450W is highly NOT recomended. (And yes, I know this because I worked at Arrow Computers and I am now working at Austin Computers - just so you don't queston me :nod
after thinking a while of it...i still like nvidia and amd.

but, what would be a decent (better?) setup with possibly ati and/or intel?

remember, limit is 350€.

would prefer if u pick hardware from here but its german...

thanks in advance.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG