The online racing simulator
Quote from Shadowww :I hope you will get banned, Mr. Speed Troll.

Personally, I find his input much more valuable than yours.
Having something 'crappy but new' is better than 'great and old'?
Thats like saying 'I want a new kia rather than a '69 vette'
As creator of tracks for the sim nascar 2003, I can tell you that game would NOT be alive if it were not for me and my co-track creators putting out a steady stream of new quality tracks for the game. (along with cars and such but..I think a large part of it is the tracks)

In my opinion I think scavier should open up track making to people they deem qualified, IF that is they have a track making program or addon for 3dmax that makes it accessible to do so (like sandbox does for nr2k3). These tracks would be screened by mods/devs before release, and be official lfs addons with no illegal use of trademarks ect.

i would LOVE to try out some of my epic road courses WITH lfs's epic physics engine
Quote from Speed Soro :bla bla bla "the devs" bla bla

It's "the devs" project, not yours. They do whatever they want with LFS, if they say "no mods yet", then it is "no mods yet", whatever you or others might think. What is so hard to understand about that?
No Mr. Gil, we are not here TO KNOW what the devs want or not want. We are here talking about the possibilities, it is apool to the community, not an answer to the devs.

You and all of your team of fanboys should stop this bs NOW!

We are not here complaining about NOTHING. We are not trolling NOTHING.

We are just trying to keep a civilized conversation without the ethernal moans "Oh the devs... oh oh oh"...

This is not another thread "Having sex with Scawen". Let this to him and his wife!

It is impossible to discuss anyhthing here without your team.

WE UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY THE DEVS GOALS, WE ARE NOT RETARDED!

WE KNOW THAT GAME IS CLOSED FOR MOD, WE KNOW THAT THE GAME IS THIS, THE GAME IS THAT.

YOU ARE NOT TALKING WITH IDIOTS!

We just want to discuss something without read "Go play NSF", or "Close Topic", or "Your are a TROLL".

This is fu.... ridiculous! No one here is making any critics to the game.

I think one day Scawen will open this game for mods.

When this day come, I hope this mods be controlled by a committee, or by the devs, and YES, I think there are many talents in the internet making great jobs for OTHERS communities, and they could be making this working for THIS community.

I have no doubt that NEW TRACKS made from scratch, based on real life tracks, would be a PHENOMENAL addition to this game.

The future will say who is right who is wrong, but until there, please STOP REPEATING THE SAME ETHERNAL LITANY.

Please LET THE DEVS, OR WHAT THEM THINK (OR YOU SUPPOSE THEM THINK) OUT OF THE DISCUSSION, AT LEAST ONE TIME!!!
Quote from Speed Soro :The future will say who is right who is wrong, but until there, please STOP REPEATING THE SAME ETHERNAL LITANY

Yes please.

Edit: Oh sorry, I mean "Yes PLEASE!".
I CAN WRITE WITH BIG LETTERS TOO, THIS DOES NOT MAKES YOU LOOK SMART
Quote from Shadowww :I CAN WRITE WITH BIG LETTERS TOO, THIS DOES NOT MAKES YOU LOOK SMART

child....

anyway doesnt that chudy guy do something like this? he mods cars and tracks
#109 - AMB
Quote from hannah :child....

anyway doesnt that chudy guy do something like this? he mods cars and tracks

He won't release what he makes.
Quote from DodgeRacer :As creator of tracks for the sim nascar 2003, I can tell you that game would NOT be alive if it were not for me and my co-track creators putting out a steady stream of new quality tracks for the game. (along with cars and such but..I think a large part of it is the tracks)

In my opinion I think scavier should open up track making to people they deem qualified, IF that is they have a track making program or addon for 3dmax that makes it accessible to do so (like sandbox does for nr2k3). These tracks would be screened by mods/devs before release, and be official lfs addons with no illegal use of trademarks ect.

i would LOVE to try out some of my epic road courses WITH lfs's epic physics engine

Back to the topic, glad to see someone with property to say something about mods.

It is a fact that games like GPL and Nascar2003 just live until today due the community work, the good works of course.

Hope some day people like you have the chance to express your talent with LFS too, and give to us some good tracks (and cars, why not?) so we can enjoy even more of this great simulator.

Edit: just as an example how good can be the mods, even with limited access to the core, this is one of the great guys who will some day make much more for the game: http://www.kegetys.net/lfs/

We have many mods here and people enjoy them. Ok, those are just client side, and affect nothing to the multiplayer, but there are no reasons to think that would be different if tracks were open to some artists too.
Quote from Shadowww :I CAN WRITE WITH BIG LETTERS TOO, THIS DOES NOT MAKES YOU LOOK SMART

You won't look smart even with a mask of Eisten on your head!

(sorry moderation, I can't let this scape, please recognize that was a funny answer)
There are more potential tracks for LFS than the Nordschliefe.

Why do people always talk about the Nordschliefe and then argue that not a single community made track should be allowed because the Nordschliefe is to long so too many accidents blah blah blah.
#114 - AMB
Quote from Speed Soro :(sorry moderation, I can't let this scape, please recognize that was a funny answer)

Really?
Quote from AMB :Really?

No? sorry.

5Haz, really. There are hundreds of good tracks that would fit perfect with LFS.

Can you imagine XFG at Monaco? Or LX4 in Zandvoort, GTRs in Monza? Oh dear, that would be really good

I don't understand this Green Hell preocupation. 4 laps at KY is bigger than 1 in GH... that is not so big...
#116 - AMB
Nice try speed

XFG @ Nurburgring ftw 20 min laps lol.....
Soro, Scawen did actually say that there wont be modding until LfS is complete, I'm just too lazy to search for the post right now.

On a sidenote, as I seem to be rather obsessed with the Nordschleife lately, you'd be really slow if you'd take 20 minutes. should be within 10 in something adequately sporty
Scawen said there would be no modding until (maybe) lfs was complete. I would assume this is because the game is still being worked on and physics changes would make a lot of mods obsolete.

What physics changes and future patches would make new tracks unusable if this is the case?
Yes, I think everybody here knows that Scawen will not release the game for mods...

We are not asking for it NOW. We are just arguing how it could be IF, but of course we will have to wait.

About GH, lets take the assumption that, whatever reason, some server administrator has the brilliant idea of set a combo with XFG or UF1... well, that would be a looooong turn.

But, can you imagine 32 cars fighting for positions along this road, during all this time, with any equal curve or bump? I think it will be really fun.

But, do you see servers with Kyoto and XFG?

No!

Why?

Because people don't like it. So, I think that, even that crazy admin set a server with such combo, there will be no drivers for race.

I really can't see the problem with that.

GTR Evo come with a great version of GH. Are there servers with this track? Yeap.

People enjoy it? Yeap... but just who want.

There is no one targeting your head with a pistol when you get in the lobby to obligate you to join in the server. You go if you want.

So, what is the big deal? Who want to make a 30 minutes laps, do it!

Do you know? I really dislike DRIFT and CRUISE servers. That is IMO a cancer that is killing LFS scenario. But people are there.

That sucks. By myself I would not give a chance to build a server like this, but there are lots of them, more each day.

A server with Nords and XFG can't be worst.

see u soon
Quote from ColeusRattus :The only thing that would make it possible to have modding would be an internal "market place" which would automatically download the newest versions of all installed mods.

You mean like LFSworld for skins? if the mods are big, downloads would eat a lot of bandwidth, then again we already have LFSW credit for skins, so as long as the price is fair and covers the costs... why not?
I think LFS World could just managed the dl, not to up load the files.
The files could be located in the same servers LFS is today.
Quote from Speed Soro :Do you know? I really dislike DRIFT and CRUISE servers. That is IMO a cancer that is killing LFS scenario.

Nah, that ain't right. Drift servers have been around in LFS since the dawn of the first public servers. Hell, I used to drift in LFS long before you were even licensed!

LFS isn't dieing, the userbase is just becoming something other than how it used to be before. Racers are moving on to other sims (iRacing in my case) and younger generations are moving over to LFS to fill up cruise & drift & derby servers. The reason for oldschool racers leaving to other sims is something completely different than only cruise and drift servers filling up of players nowadays. You propably know what that reason is just as well as I do if you really think about it.
Of course I know, and it is better do not discourse about here.
But drif, cruise, derby and other "kids stuff" are contributing too.
Quote from Speed Soro :Of course I know, and it is better do not discourse about here.
But drif, cruise, derby and other "kids stuff" are contributing too.

1. Look for Team Orange on YouTube
2. Are you sure TVE's age is under 18? He was first [citation needed] who made derby racing(!) server in LFS
There has been a lot of banger servers and such before me tho, so saying I was the first is a little wrong, but thanks for the support tho

Well, I am childish of nature, that's for sure so my real age of 21 does maybe not reflect upon this. BUT, a wise man once said that the ones not childish are the ones that can be childish and not affraight to show it.
Well, or something close to that, I enjoy my stuff, even if it's strange. I played DD2 for almost 3 years, and enjoyed every minute of it.
I made it to LFS since I was borred, and wanted to test out how it worked in LFS, to combine crashing with somewhat physics (as I allways have dreamed of a DD3 with somewhat good physics) .

Result was, yes childish, but also fun.

What this had to do with topic I don't know, just wanted to answer that reply.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG