Message to cruise server owners
I am not playing on cruise servers BUT :

I was thinking, what if at cruise demo servers you guys will limit the functions of the insim. For example they can't buy more than one car, and other limits. For the full insim functions they should get LFS S2 if they really like to cruise and why not, maybe they will race after they see S2.

What i am saying is that limiting some insim functions for demo would bring 1 out of 10 to S2. Just IMO.
demo users only have two cars to start with.
Can you use SS on cruise servers?

Don't really get the point of your suggestion, though. Why would you want even more cruisers?
Quote from brt900 :3cars

oh yeah, i forgot about the fbm... but who cruises in a fbm.
Quote from bunder9999 :oh yeah, i forgot about the fbm... but who cruises in a fbm.

Anyone who has clutch-cooldown-hack.
#7 - garph
LFS needs people buying a race sim, not people buying a cruise game.
Quote from garph :LFS needs people buying a race sim, not people buying a cruise game.

QFT. + Sigged.
Yep, but atleast it would bring some new lfs drivers, that, why not, will become racers in the future.
Quote from garph :LFS needs people buying a race sim, not people buying a cruise game.

i disagree.
lfs needs money for real car + track licenses. s2 buyers will eventually = moar racers
Quote from Andrei221 :Yep, but atleast it would bring some new lfs drivers, that, why not, will become racers in the future.

You know what, if you really believed what you've posted in your sig then you would have never made this thread.

LFS needs racers filling race servers.

I'm not getting into this anymore as it will get shit, fast. My opinion is that LFS is a racing sim, there are other games out there for people who want to drive around at speed limits. It's just a good job that iracing cost so much.
Quote from garph :You know what, if you really believed what you've posted in your sig then you would have never made this thread.

LFS needs racers filling race servers.

i really dont get the cruising-hate. LFS obviously can't compete content wise w/ games like r-factor and gtr evo, so why not make $$ off what it can compete w/? insim + physics

edit:
Quote from garph :there are other games out there for people who want to drive around at speed limits..

no, there aren't.
Quote from MijnWraak :i really dont get the cruising-hate. LFS obviously can't compete content wise w/ games like r-factor and gtr evo, so why not make $$ off what it can compete w/? insim + physics

I am not a dev so I don't really care about the money. I do care about the amount of people I get to race with since that would also mean more variety in the combos driven on the servers. IMO.
Quote from garph :Yes, there is.

not any where you don't use analog sticks + buttons (console controllers)
Quote from zeugnimod :I am not a dev so I don't really care about the money. I do care about the amount of people I get to race with since that would also mean more variety in the combos driven on the servers. IMO.

Quote from MijnWraak :i disagree.
lfs needs money for real car + track licenses. s2 buyers will eventually = moar racers

there.
Who says the devs even want to go down that route?

And I guess they would need a lot more sold licences to even start thinking of buying licences for any well-known tracks.
#18 - SamH
Quote from MijnWraak :i disagree.

I don't think the LFS devs are interested in buying licences for either tracks or cars. It's Scawen's opinion (and I share it, and so apparently do the guys at VW) that game/sim developers shouldn't have to pay to promote car manufacturers' products.

I reckon Silverstone, Croft, Donington and the rest should have the sense to open their tracks to Eric. The increase in track-day revenue alone, as a result of symbiotic marketing, would pay dividends for those tracks. Unfortunately, British racetrack owners don't seem to have any capacity for next-generation marketing. That overbearing greed, and lack of commercial vision/flexibility, has no small part to play in what lost Silverstone the F1 GP.
You've not won, I've just drunk too many beers too fast to actually care/not get banned/start a massive argument so I'm gonna leave it at that.

It's geoff's fault, he was pissed when I can on TS so I thought I'd catch up by drinking my last 4 chirstmas buds as fast as I could not they are kicking in and I feel ****ed.

Is owning a racetrack still a profitable business? Until it becomes unprofitable, there's no need for track owners to go out of their way to market their tracks.
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : meh
I reckon its VERY profitable if its based on the pockets of the local tax payers, as happens with the Valencia racetrack
my opinion: the demo should be so:
- only xfg and xrg
- only blackwood gp in one direction (not reversed or rallycross)
- no insim functionality
- always an advert on top of screen: i.e. "buy s2 for full content" and the LFS logo
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :my opinion: the demo should be so:
- only xfg and xrg
- only blackwood gp in one direction (not reversed or rallycross)
- no insim functionality
- always an advert on top of screen: i.e. "buy s2 for full content" and the LFS logo

- Only XFG and XRG? If 2 cars then better XFG and RB4

- There is no reverse, and no rallycross = people can't rate how good game simulates gravel
- worst suggestion ever
- same.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :my opinion: the demo should be so:
- only xfg and xrg + UF1
- only blackwood gp + RallyX in one direction (or just oval in 1 direction, LOL.)
- no insim functionality agreed
- always an advert on top of screen: i.e. "buy s2 for full content" and the LFS logo lol, that's annoying.

My opinions in bold.
Let people do what they want..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG