The online racing simulator
FramesPerSecond
(67 posts, started )
#51 - Jakg
Nah he's just making a subtle dig because I proved him wrong in another thread
I just installed a second card and am running SLI, it's pretty dope, frame rates are insane, never below 300 it seems,and in other views hundreds more. Haven't tried at the rear of a field of AI cars yet, however I still dunno if the FPS ppl suffer from that is a lack of GPU power or CPU power, I think it's CPU power, anyone know. Regardless I'll check what my FPS is at the rear of a field, on south city long.
#53 - Byku
LFS definitly needs CPU power . SLI in LFS is overkill
Quote from Byku :LFS definitly needs CPU power . SLI in LFS is overkill

SLI in LFS is useless. LFS only supports Crossfire, so you will not notice any FPS increase...
#55 - Jakg
SLi works fine in LFS - What are you on about?
Quote from Jakg :SLi works fine in LFS - What are you on about?

Alot of people said LFS doesn't support it
#57 - Jakg
Well then they are fools with no personal experience.

LFS works fine with SLi, but for most people with decent PC's the limiting factor is the CPU - as SLi uses more CPU power than a single card solution and as such the improvement may be almost unnoticable...
For me it doesn't really matter, my system is overkill in every way. As long as I can play and maintain 60fps, which isn't an issue lol, I'm happy. I didn't upgrade to get high frames in LFS, I upgraded for Stalker Clear Sky, Crysis, and several games coming out over the next 6-12 months.
Oh well a FPS thread.

How many FPS do you think I'm good to get with a C2D P8400 @ 2.26Ghz, 4Gb of 800Mhz RAM (DDR2) and a 9600M GS? At 1280x800. Hopefully it will be over 100FPS will all the goodies to the max and a shitload of textures!
i get like 160fps with the comp in sign.
dont need more :P

oh guys, if playing with a wheel or something try to lower the "minimum sleep" value to 1ms and ull get more fps :P
Quote from Riders Motion :Oh well a FPS thread.

How many FPS do you think I'm good to get with a C2D P8400 @ 2.26Ghz, 4Gb of 800Mhz RAM (DDR2) and a 9600M GS? At 1280x800. Hopefully it will be over 100FPS will all the goodies to the max and a shitload of textures!

I wouldn't get too excited, I have a C2D @ 2.8Ghz, 8800GT, 2gb Ram, and i get aroud 80 on average with eye candy on.
I told ya, RM! Don't expect more than 100 fps on maxed graphs. No worries tho, you won't have FPS issues even with full grid
Capped to 62.5 (monitor refresh rate is 60 fps @ 1920x1200).
alone like 200~fps
v-sync 100fps

but I have locked at 60fps.
full grid inside XRR on south city, 40fps
I don't understand how people can have issues with frame rate when they have more powerfull computers than I do

I'm always sitting capped at 60fps, never drops below, and I'm running at 1280x1024, with everything turned on/up.

And this is on a 3.2ghz prescott HT with 2gb dual channel DDR400 and an HD2600 512mb AGP 8X.
Quote from floodan :alone like 200~fps
v-sync 100fps

but I have locked at 60fps.

100hz screen? neat

FramesPerSecond
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG