The online racing simulator
red nose day 2009
(24 posts, started )
red nose day 2009
hi anyone doing anything to raise money for comic relief im wearing a red nose all day in school got £2.01 so far
Well am not raising money for it.

All am doing is getting my hair in red. But the whole school is doing a body attack session. it should be a good laugh though.

Some of my mates are getting there legs waxed. And some other stuff.

We normally raise a few hundred every year
I don't have any ideas of what to do. I need ideas. People of LFS land, unite and help me
My mates are tying themselves in pairs for the day, sounds like fun for them
Quote from piggy501 :I don't have any ideas of what to do. I need ideas. People of LFS land, unite and help me

Ask your friends if you can touch their genitals (male or female). Then demand £1
Quote from piggy501 :I don't have any ideas of what to do. I need ideas. People of LFS land, unite and help me

Do what I'm doing...Lock the door, leaving a £5 donation taped to the door with a sign saying

"Listen crazies....I'm more than happy to donate my £5, see attached monies. However I will not tolerate your
(apparently) hilarious interruptions under the guise of charity, when in fact it's nothing more than an excuse to allow men to cross dress in public rather than when the wifes away and for the woman to loudly shriek and crackle while flaunting their middle aged breast in my face. This is not my idea of 'fun' nor does it seem the best way to help prevent poverty amongst the many kids growing up in the world today, but each to their own I suppose.

So to sum up, in case I have'nt made myself clear enough. Take the money..........now SOD OFF!"

I'm a bit of a miserable barsteward....I'll admit.
I texted climb to 88808! Go Chris Moyles!
Charity = **** off.

Especially organised charities such as this one, and the one with that stupid Pudsey bear..

To be honest, and I know I'll probably get shouted at by someone for saying this, but the "western" (modernized) world is in enough shit as it is. Most people are losing their jobs/taking pay cuts etc, meaning people can't feed their families or/and live a comfortable life with some luxuries.

And yes, I've read your mind. You are thinking "Well these starving Ethiopians can't even afford to eat or to go to school, everyone deserves equal rights".

Well, do they? I mean, if I was kicked out of this house (wouldn't surprise me), what charity would I get? Being a British citizen would mean **** all. I'd either have to live on the streets or hope another member of my family would put me up temporarily.. If I moved to Africa the whole world would run to donate to homeless kids.. (and I'd be included in that, if you see what I mean)

Now, the WHOLE WORLD decides to chip in and help a bunch of people in Africa, which, pardon me for being rude/stereotypical/ignorant, are very unlikely to get anywhere in life anyway, (or they wouldn't have gotten stuck in the hole they were in) with money that we as a Global Economic Enterprise don't have ourselves.

It's not the charity part that gets me so much, often if there's a little box at the Supermarket or a lady collecting change at the exit, if I got 20p or something I'll chuck it in there. What does get me is what some of these charity things have become, such as Red Nose Day, Children in Need and the like.

We have thousands of children in our own countries that are being abused, beaten up, malnourished, harassed by their parents. Do we help them? No, not in this way. Sure, we have things like NSPCC but do they get millions and millions of £/$ from global contribution efforts? I think not..

Now, I realise I may be ranted a bit by now, but to me it just seems that the world at large hasn't got it's priorities right.. what's so special about these 'charities' that deserve them becoming so annoying for a a couple of weeks or so, when we have plenty of charitable issues in our own countries that get, comparitvely, no attention.
#9 - 5haz
They're only in so much shit over in Africa because the Western world has already screwed them over.

The only real way to end the problem is to invent a time machine and go back and prevent colonisation from ever taking place.

Massive charity projects like Comic Relief are all very lovely but they don't seem to be working at all.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Charity = **** off.

Especially organised charities such as this one, and the one with that stupid Pudsey bear..
<snipped>
To be honest, and I know I'll probably get shouted at by someone for saying this, but the "western" (modernized) world is in enough shit as it is. Most people are losing their jobs/taking pay cuts etc, meaning people can't feed their families or/and live a comfortable life with some luxuries.

And yes, I've read your mind. You are thinking "Well these starving Ethiopians can't even afford to eat or to go to school, everyone deserves equal rights".

Well, do they? I mean, if I was kicked out of this house (wouldn't surprise me), what charity would I get? Being a British citizen would mean **** all. I'd either have to live on the streets or hope another member of my family would put me up temporarily.. If I moved to Africa the whole world would run to donate to homeless kids.. (and I'd be included in that, if you see what I mean)

Now, the WHOLE WORLD decides to chip in and help a bunch of people in Africa, which, pardon me for being rude/stereotypical/ignorant, are very unlikely to get anywhere in life anyway, (or they wouldn't have gotten stuck in the hole they were in) with money that we as a Global Economic Enterprise don't have ourselves.

It's not the charity part that gets me so much, often if there's a little box at the Supermarket or a lady collecting change at the exit, if I got 20p or something I'll chuck it in there. What does get me is what some of these charity things have become, such as Red Nose Day, Children in Need and the like.

We have thousands of children in our own countries that are being abused, beaten up, malnourished, harassed by their parents. Do we help them? No, not in this way. Sure, we have things like NSPCC but do they get millions and millions of £/$ from global contribution efforts? I think not..

Now, I realise I may be ranted a bit by now, but to me it just seems that the world at large hasn't got it's priorities right.. what's so special about these 'charities' that deserve them becoming so annoying for a a couple of weeks or so, when we have plenty of charitable issues in our own countries that get, comparitvely, no attention.

You sure you don't live over here in the US?

Starving kids in Africa? You mean in 30 years since they were bugging my parents to donate to "feed the starving kids in Africa" they can't learn to grow food? Sure, go donate $5 or whatever currency. $4.98 goes towards "administrative costs" and the other $0.02 goes to the starving kid. That'll help him.

Want me to donate $5 to feed a kid for a week? Fly my fat ass over there and I'll hand the kid my $5 myself, that way I am sure he gets it.
Quote from mrodgers :You sure you don't live over here in the US?

Starving kids in Africa? You mean in 30 years since they were bugging my parents to donate to "feed the starving kids in Africa" they can't learn to grow food? Sure, go donate $5 or whatever currency. $4.98 goes towards "administrative costs" and the other $0.02 goes to the starving kid. That'll help him.

Want me to donate $5 to feed a kid for a week? Fly my fat ass over there and I'll hand the kid my $5 myself, that way I am sure he gets it.

Kinda what I mean right there.. well put..
Bottomline for me, if I want to raise money for charity (and I have, a fair bit), I will, I won't have a ton of overpaid "comedians" telling me to do it in the name of "wackyness".
Quote from S14 DRIFT :-snip-

very, very well said. Whats more, do any of you actually know what percentage of all the money raised by these events actually goes to help people in need without ending up in some kleptocrat dictator's back pocket? The BBC and whatever may say that all the money raised goes to Africa or wherever, but they don't actually specify whether or not any of it will end up in the hands of the people

Quote from 5haz :They're only in so much shit over in Africa because the Western world has already screwed them over.

Wrong. Africa is in so much shit because as soon as the western world decides to do a nice thing for them and 'drop the debt' as soon as the leader of whatever country they decide to help out realises he doesn't have to pay back the money he owed goes off and runs up even more debt. Africa's dictators have been screwing their country over for years and however much money we pump into their economies it won't make the blindest bit of difference until people make absolutely 100% certain it doesn't end up in the pockets of a dictator. If you want a prime example of how much the west can actually help, look at Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe. He attempted to cling on to power until the very end so he could take the country for as much as possible, even when the rest of the world saw blatant vote rigging and torture occurring we were powerless to do anything except tell him off.

I'm all for charity, but when it involves giving large sums of money to dictators to enhance their fleets of Mercedes and helicopters I just think I'd rather donate my money to a local charity so I know where it is all headed
I agree with S14, mrogers etc. It's a stupid idea. We've (the 'Western World') raised millions of pounds for them, and so far a few villages have some wells, they all live in an area that is to dry to support much human life, and they are still happy to have lots of babies and spread AIDS amongst each other.

If the third world people want to survive then they should start walking, and find somewhere that can support crops, provide water, and generally not be so hostile that it takes £1,000,000 of our money to keep each child alive.

Funnily enough, several hundred thousand years ago some human beings did pretty much this. They 'became' the Western World. You can throw as many dollar bills as you like at a starving child, but until they find somewhere to live that can support more than one human life at a time then they are all doomed. DOOMED!

So no, I don't give to that sort of charity. I'd rather give to animal cruelty charities - at least you know the animals will have the sense to keep away from the cause of the problems once they are 'free'.

Having said all that, Comic Relief has been known in the dim and distant past to be quite an entertaining night in front of the telly. And when they show unhappy children you can go make a cup of coffee, or go to the toilet. Perhaps polish some furniture. Safe in the knowledge the fun will start again soon
Quote from mrodgers :You sure you don't live over here in the US?

Money has a low nutricious value, you'd better fly over some food for starving kids.
Well, we cant wear red noses in school, nor do any extreme hair styles. So i guess i aint doing anything this year
Quote from DevilDare :Well, we cant wear red noses in school, nor do any extreme hair styles. So i guess i aint doing anything this year

In our calendar thingy, it says:
[This is for girls btw]
Sixth Form Casual Clothes Day
Y7-11 Red Noses Only

Red Noses only....
And nothing else?
Quote from J@tko :In our calendar thingy, it says:
[This is for girls btw]
Sixth Form Casual Clothes Day
Y7-11 Red Noses Only

Red Noses only....
And nothing else?

I wanna be there, but I can't. Send pics then
i donated 20 GBp arent i nice
Download my new song HMagz from http://indiestore.7digital.com/jwardy/ and 0.25cents goes to comic relief only the 14th of march
Quote :they are still happy to have lots of babies and spread AIDS amongst each other

Which brings us to the other reason Africa is in the shit. Am I wrong in thinking a certain organised religion run by a dude in a pointy hat is to blame for the "condoms are baaad, unprotected sex ftw" issue here? Having a religion doesn't seem help over there, it's just screwing them over repeatedly with AIDS and overpopulation.

Like Chris Rock said once, the solution is to "stop ****ing"
I would support a sponsored silence here.
I would like to know how a sponsored silence would work on an internet forum, technically a forum is already a silent place

red nose day 2009
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG