The online racing simulator
DFP>>No downshift with Partial Throttle
LFS wont downshift to a lower gear, when I have my throttle either partially depressed or full throttle.
Upshifting with full throttle or partial throttle works great no problem.

I am using the rear of the wheel buttons/paddles to shift gears, and the LFS control setup is set to sequential or shifter neither works right.

Also tried turning off autoclutch but that does not help either.

Anybody have this problem too and find an answer how to fix it??

Thx

Rob
Does LFS let you change down if it'll overrev the engine or something?

I'd suggest resetting all of your controls, we binding and trying again. Let me know if that solves it
#3 - J@tko
Are you driving the FBM?

You have to let off the throttle to change gear
Quote from J@tko :Are you driving the FBM?

You have to let off the throttle to change gear

It wouldn't let him flatshift in any gear higher than 4th anyway.
#5 - J@tko
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It wouldn't let him flatshift in any gear higher than 4th anyway.

Oh yah

And you struggle to flatshift in 2nd, let alone 4th :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Does LFS let you change down if it'll overrev the engine or something?

I'd suggest resetting all of your controls, we binding and trying again. Let me know if that solves it

I dont understand what you mean with 'we binding', so dont understand what you want me to do. Could you be more specific as to which action you want me to perform??? THX

Also some of you asked which car I am driving its the FXO GTR

Thx everybody for your response sofar.

Rpb
#7 - J@tko
Quote from Rob_NL :I dont understand what you mean with 'we binding', so dont understand what you want me to do. Could you be more specific as to which action you want me to perform??? THX

Rpb

Yes, it's a feature not a bug.

The sequential Gearbox lets you flatshift up, but you can't have any throttle [well, a tiny bit] to shift down
Quote from J@tko :Yes, it's a feature not a bug.

The sequential Gearbox lets you flatshift up, but you can't have any throttle [well, a tiny bit] to shift down

Ok if that is a feature i think it should be selectable a feature is not worth beans if the program FORCES u to use it, it its not a feature if u cant choose to turn it off, if you desire to do so.

OK its a feature, then why does the sim not revert to the normal way of functioning when u use the SHIFTER option???

Thx

Rob
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Rob_NL :Ok if that is a feature i think it should be selectable a feature is not worth beans if the program FORCES u to use it, it its not a feature if u cant choose to turn it off, if you desire to do so.

OK its a feature, then why does the sim not revert to the normal way of functioning when u use the SHIFTER option???

Thx

Rob

That is normal for a sequential gearbox - it won't let you downshift with an open throttle
Quote from Rob_NL :Ok if that is a feature i think it should be selectable a feature is not worth beans if the program FORCES u to use it, it its not a feature if u cant choose to turn it off, if you desire to do so.

Thx

Rob

I think what J@tko meant to say is that it's meant to be like that. It's not a "feature", exactly, it's just the way that a sequential gearbox like the one in the FXR works in real life. So it's only logical that it works like that in the game, and that you can not change it.
Quote from J@tko :That is normal for a sequential gearbox - it won't let you downshift with an open throttle

OK fine u say it is like that in real life with a SEQUENTIAL box, ok i can accept that/
but when i change to the SHIFTER option AND i have the AUTO CLUTCH set to [yes], then the operation of the gearbox clutch combination should revert back to NORMAL, as in non sequential box, operation, correct???

Well it does NOT!!!

Rob
No, the FXR and XRR both use a fully sequential gearbox. You can't use a shifter with these two cars (or any LFS sequential car). It's like this as that's the way real-life racecars are setup

I'm not sure on autoclutch, whether or not it lets you flatshift down through the gears. If it does it'll only fry the clutch anyway
Quote from Rob_NL :OK fine u say it is like that in real life with a SEQUENTIAL box, ok i can accept that/
but when i change to the SHIFTER option AND i have the AUTO CLUTCH set to [yes], then the operation of the gearbox clutch combination should revert back to NORMAL, as in non sequential box, operation, correct???

Well it does NOT!!!

Rob

No, because [I think] a sequential box does not require a clutch.
It doesn't really matter what options you have set, that's how the gearbox works in real life.
Quote from RenvoN :It doesn't really matter what options you have set, that's how the gearbox works in real life.

What he said......and the whole point of the game, you know LFS - Racing Simulator.

Auto clutch gives you an automatic clutch, NOT, automatic gears.
Quote from garph :What he said......and the whole point of the game, you know LFS - Racing Simulator.

Auto clutch gives you an automatic clutch, NOT, automatic gears.

heheheh yep thank god for autoclutch and not auto gears !!!!

Ok I guess i will just have to live with this situation, thanx everyone answering my questions, you guys are a great group.

Rob
Quote from Rob_NL :I dont understand what you mean with 'we binding', so dont understand what you want me to do. Could you be more specific as to which action you want me to perform??? THX

Rpb

Sorry mate, it's hard to concentrate when you have taken alot of painkillers.. I mean to re-bind, which would mean to go through all of your controls and re-cast them.

- Although it seems that some very nice fellows have answered your question already.
Quote from Rob_NL :heheheh yep thank god for autoclutch and not auto gears !!!!

Ok I guess i will just have to live with this situation, thanx everyone answering my questions, you guys are a great group.

Rob

In the options, when you choose shifter or sequential or paddle has got nothing to do with the actual transmission of the car
For example, a 6 speed shifter (like in the G25 or fanatec) won't work with the FXR (well it will work, but only to go up one gear or down one gear, you can move it directly from 5th to 3rd for instance).
In the options you set up your controller, in the setup your set up your car
Quote from Zen321 :In the options, when you choose shifter or sequential or paddle has got nothing to do with the actual transmission of the car
For example, a 6 speed shifter (like in the G25 or fanatec) won't work with the FXR (well it will work, but only to go up one gear or down one gear, you can move it directly from 5th to 3rd for instance).
In the options you set up your controller, in the setup your set up your car

Yep Thx Zen was aware of all that

Rob
Nice to se al went well

And BTW Rob auto gears zijn voor watjes
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Nice to se al went well

And BTW Rob auto gears zijn voor watjes

En dacht ik dat WATJES voor OREN waren

Rob
ok autogears zijn voor nubs

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG