The online racing simulator
How can i prevent restarting?
(10 posts, started )
Hi all, I have admin access to a Demo server. I am unconfortable with something. During a race, for example a 5 lap race with 3-4 users, at last lap some people votes for restart. And those people are sometimes the ones who have just connected to server. For example 3-4 people connect to the server during the 5 lap race with 4 users. In the 5th lap those racers votes for restart and the race restarts. How can i prevent that? Is there a code for admins to stop voting for restarting?
Thanks a lot!
#2 - J@tko
You can type in "/vote no" to stop people voting to restart, then use the
"/restart" command to restart the race when you want to.
Stop spamming! :ices_rofl :smash3d:

hmm, i, tried "/vote=no". I'll try this time with no "="
thanks for the advice
Quote from J@tko :You can type in "/vote no" to stop people voting to restart, then use the
"/restart" command to restart the race when you want to.

/vote=no is to disable kick/ban voting, not to disable restarting a race. The only way to disable restarting a race is to use InSim to interrupt the restarting process.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from burnsy1882 :/vote=no is to disable kick/ban voting, not to disable restarting a race. The only way to disable restarting a race is to use InSim to interrupt the restarting process.

Oooh - fail :doh:

EDIT: Or can he do something like /rstmin 20000000 to stop people voting to restart?

And thanks boothy :P
#7 - amp88
You can use the /rstmin command to specify a number of seconds which must pass after a race start before people are allowed to vote to restart the race. If they vote before this time their vote will be cancelled and they will receive an error message of "Too early to restart the race". I believe the maximum time you can specify is 300 seconds (5 minutes), but I'm not certain on that. To change the value use /rstmin x (where x is the number of seconds, e.g. /rstmin 30 for 30 seconds).
/rstmin could be useful but 5 mins is not enough i think for a 5 lap race. Those racers vote for restart at the last 500-600 meters of the race. Admin should cancel restarting manually i think. But if there is no other option i'll use /rstmin
I'd like to add a few notes as well. The /rstmin option works only for race restart (and maybe qualification) votes, not race end votes. So instead of restart you'll see race end votes, often succesfull. There's no way to prevent that using LFS server alone. Further more /rstmin is applied from race start to the specified time. A bit out of logic in my view. What would be the point of forbidding restart for one minute (first lap, the one with most crashes) and allow it later on in the race?

When I was working on Airio I tried to solve these issues. With this InSim you may always cancel all race end votes and you may specify race restart voting is allowed only e.g. on lap 1 of the race, not later. I see that arrangement as much more logical/really useful.
also, if the server isn't dedicated, you can press ESC when the race restart countdown starts, to cancel it.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG