The online racing simulator
For those struggling mousers out there . . .
I have had an ephiphany.

Friends, romans, countrymen. All those in the mousing community lend me your ears. We band of men. We happy band of men. We band of brothers. Where we have shed our blood there shall we mouse till we drop.

I have made LFS work for me. By doing such a simple thing that has higlighted just how good LFS really is.

I've slowed down the mouse speed. May not sound like much. And that is the whole point. I thought my mouse speed was slow enough, you could say it was on .4 on the mouse speed scale. And I was using about .40 steer centre reduction. I now use .3 on the mouse speed scale and my steer centre reduction is down to about .25. Suddenly I can catch oversteer, hit apexs' and race closer than ever before. My setups really make sense now. I adjust just one point of rear rebound damping and I can feel the difference. LFS has become a whole new game again, again.

So the moral of this story to any of you noob mousers, or even older hands who are just struggling to get the most out of your car then slow down you mouse speed and reduce your steer centre reduction. A simple method to considerable increase your control . . . .
#2 - filur
Quote from Funnybear :A simple method to considerable increase your control . . . .

Sorry, i couldn't resist. :eclipsee_
No fair. Some of us don't have the luxory of going with a wheel set . . .
Yep, a slow mouse speed (my mouse has configurable on-the-fly settings for mouse speed), no mouse acceleration and as low CSR as you can cope with. Then mouse is pretty good. Lowering the max lock in the cars helps too.

...wheel is still much better though, can drive cars with lots of power too then.
how does lowering the max lock help? i always max it, but then again im lucky to make 1 lap around the track without dieing.
It reduces the amount of reaction the steering has to your hand movements on the mouse. Wheel users have the control to maintain good inputs, but us mousers can get a bit jumpy reducing steering lock just helps to smooth out the turning inputs.
I started playing S2 with mouse. I only have a wheel since january.
I can tell you that with mouse you can catch slides much more faster, its allmost instantaneous, depending in your ability to deal with mouse (working in windows and other games help building fast reflexes with mouse)

But mouse lacks smooth aceleration and break inputs... thats the only bad thing. Practice

But wheel is much more fun... ;D

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG