The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
Hmm.. I think you have a weak argument overall. The stronger you make your argument, the less value you credit LFS in favour of a REAL race track is, instead - but LFS isn't a real race track. It is a simulated environment, with a great many different factors that make it different from real racing - not being able to jump the start, not having to actually wait 16hrs to go from Fern Bay to Blackwood. Where do you stop, with your argument? It's weak.

Mid-race joining doesn't make people stupid drivers. Nobody wants to wreck a race, but if they do insist on it, they don't have to wait until the race is halfway through before they join. They can pin you against a wall in the first corner at the beginning of the race.

I think you're looking for a way to make people "feel" the accidents more. This I sympathise with, but there are better ways to say this than to attack mid-race joining.

[EDIT]@JTbo
#27 - SamH
Quote from JTbo :I can wait 30mins to have 30mins of good racing without some ppl pushing trough impossible space causing mayhem.

But WILL you wait 30 mins for a race, race 5 seconds and be written off at T1, and then wait another 30 mins for the next race?

If so, you have the patience of a saint.
#28 - JTbo
Do you have ideas about what those better ways might be?

In nk there is this accident ratio, I think it has quite good psychological effect as nobody likes to have high ratio, it is also visible in racer list at in server. Would something like this have effect in LFS too?

It really does not matter how it is done, but somehow new racers should get naturally feeling that crashing is really bad thing, that is number 1 thing to avoid.
#29 - JTbo
Quote from SamH :But WILL you wait 30 mins for a race, race 5 seconds and be written off at T1, and then wait another 30 mins for the next race?

If so, you have the patience of a saint.

Hehe, many have said that I do have patience of saint, maybe it is because I have this little problem with my brain, there is not normal blood circulation (eh, word?) when take took pics, but few bright spots and few less bright spots, so it is not normally even, maybe inpatiance part is not getting enough blood
I don't see the problem here. Poor drivers cause trouble, no matter if they're in the race from the start or if they join while it's running.

Do you think the number of fatal accidents in real life would go down if you outlawed airbags and seat belts to make people drive more carefully? Somehow I don't think so.
#31 - JTbo
Quote from bal00 :I don't see the problem here. Poor drivers cause trouble, no matter if they're in the race from the start or if they join while it's running.

Do you think the number of fatal accidents in real life would go down if you outlawed airbags and seat belts to make people drive more carefully? Somehow I don't think so.

Actually I do think that if cars would be made so that they are like older cars, so that they would 'tell' how much there is grip there would be less accidents, all modern driving aids and lack of road feel is one big cause of accidents, imo.

However really big part of reallife accidents are caused drunken drivers, to them it is same if there is driving aids or seatbelts, they will crash anyway.
Quote from JTbo :...
I can wait 30mins to have 30mins of good racing without some ppl pushing trough impossible space causing mayhem.

I can't wait.. As a "casual" racer, with 3 kids, wife, house, garden, cars +++ I can't spend an entire night on racing anymore. so if I have one hour to play LFS I don't use 30 mins of that time waiting for a race to be finnished (just to be wrecked at T1 30 seconds later )
But then, If i join a server with 10+ laps left of the race, I guess I would leave for another server with shorter races
I just wanted to say something positive about joining the race after pitting out (shift-S) and about a particular team. I was running on LOTF's server the last 2 nights and though there were many who were shift-S'ing to the pits, EVERYONE was very very generous about letting the leaders pass through easily. VERY WELL DONE by Marsh2, bdshan, Jethro, and the others I saw on their server. Top notch team and members you all are .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG