The online racing simulator
Quote from lovretta :Glad to see someone is modding G25, but not just cosmetic mod!

What interestes me the most is this.
Overall force strenght is increased - but IMO what G25 lacks the most is more dynamics in FF output - like dynamics in music.
Take netKar pro for example plus some winged car. If you put ff gain low, you feel difference between small forces i.e. when going straight, or when going through corner much slower then the car is capable (small tire load) - but when you push it (still in slow corner) - force increases - you feel tire is carrying much more load now. but problem comes in fast corners - force should now be much stronger - the load is much greater on tire because of added aero downforce... but it's not - because FF is already at it's maximum.
This is what intersets me. Not just plain strenght increase, rather does it imply more dynamics with it?

We are very happy for your reply on this thread, I hope you'd be glad to know that our CONTROLLER.INI for RFACTOR is based on your CONTROLLER.INI, we just optimized it for our needs but it liked much to us.
About your query I think we could say: to obtain the same behavior (or better) of the original G25 on the G25 modded (without the saturation that you mentioned), you gotta decrease the values on the G25 properties menu, in this way the maximum FF is never reached (or reached at the right point) making your sensation more real.
Thanks!
That's interesting, though I'm wondering how the mod could affect the total lifespan of the wheel (there will be increased mechanical stress to take in account) Of course I don't expect you to have data on that already, but did you try to take that into account when designing the mod?

Also do you have MTBF figures for the engines under Logitech vs standard/higher voltage operation?

TYIA
Quote from NightShift :That's interesting, though I'm wondering how the mod could affect the total lifespan of the wheel (there will be increased mechanical stress to take in account) Of course I don't expect you to have data on that already, but did you try to take that into account when designing the mod?

Also do you have MTBF figures for the engines under Logitech vs standard/higher voltage operation?

TYIA

Surely the wear and tear is increased due to the more stress on the rim and the motors pinion but we saw that the rim is not made of simple plastic but plastic+nylon added in the mould (harder and more lasting material) and the pinions are made of brass.
Yes, you're right, we don't have enough data yet at the moment, the prototypes are under test for several hours per day since about three months by our beta-testers and we're waiting for at least one wheel gets broken in order to look, take in account and, if possible, solve.

For your second query we figured out the characteristics of the motors and its manufacturer thus we are pretty sure that increasing the voltage doesn't harm the motors (the motors voltage is higher compared to the voltage we're supplying them) but the more heating produced had to be sunk ABSOLUTELY or they would get burnt out, thus the choice of an electric fan (ugly but functional!)
For this reason the MTBF is still under acquisition always by our beta-testers.
Thanks for your query!
i could be a beta tester too

I also have a normal G25.
Quote from 91mason91 :i could be a beta tester too

I also have a normal G25.

I'm pretty sure you could do that but for now tests are performed in Italy only, we have to take in account every expense and the shipping cost abroad is more expensive.
Thank you anyway for volunterring!
Quote from arc team :We are very happy for your reply on this thread, I hope you'd be glad to know that our CONTROLLER.INI for RFACTOR is based on your CONTROLLER.INI, we just optimized it for our needs but it liked much to us.

Well I'm glad you used it, because it's purpose was getting realistic feedback for rFactor mods that "don't support real feel". Don't support isn't correct term for this, but it became used widely... For the realistic feedback the best is to go with realistic suspension (ie. suspension links not floating around) + real feel.
Also, that controller.ini I created using a guide by Julien Regnard.

Quote from arc team :About your query I think we could say: to obtain the same behavior (or better) of the original G25 on the G25 modded (without the saturation that you mentioned), you gotta decrease the values on the G25 properties menu, in this way the maximum FF is never reached (or reached at the right point) making your sensation more real.
Thanks!

Glad to hear that! Wide feedback dynamic range is what is more needed IMO + of course stronger feedback
Those coolers are sooo helpful
Quote from arc team :I'm pretty sure you could do that but for now tests are performed in Italy only, we have to take in account every expense and the shipping cost abroad is more expensive.
Thank you anyway for volunterring!

Np, but i wouldnt mind paying the shipping costs for you "IF" you decide to test outside of italy
Intresting thread, I think the G25 has quite enough FF allready.

Not sure I see the point.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Intresting thread, I think the G25 has quite enough FF allready.

Not sure I see the point.

SD.

Exactly what I was thinking Hell, I hardly use 50% FFB strength in game

I do agree that the G25 can get a bit hot sometimes, though. I'm not sure how bad this is, but I'm definitely gonna try and open the "fins" as described in this thread. It may not help much, but if it helps a little then that's something
As it is the G25 still isn't as fast as -say- the Frex FFB wheel. Take a look at their video there's one featuring the two wheels side by side.

Quote from arc team :it is faster 'cause the higher voltage on the motors make their rotation faster (and more immediate).

Faster and less lag. Sounds good to me
#38 - Byku
Could You later post a comparition test on Youtube between ffb on the original G25 and upgraded one ?
Dear friends,

at this link, you can see a video comparation between normal G25 and G25-E by ARC_Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

We have also change big fan with 2 smallest mantaining the same temp instead.

More news are ready to come, soon.
Very nice - so does the turn speed still work as fast when the strength isn't as high? For example could the G25-E Be run at 40% LFS Strength yet still rotate as fast?

Very nice work so far!
Wow, that was a huge diffrence! Maybe I will buy this kit, if thats possible
Wow you can actually see it bouncing off at the lock when turning left because of the speed/strenght.
Shame i already bought the stock G25 a few months ago.
I noticed it's a lot more noisy with the mods; do you have any plans for quieting it a bit?
Quote from arc team :Dear friends,

at this link, you can see a video comparation between normal G25 and G25-E by ARC_Team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

We have also change big fan with 2 smallest mantaining the same temp instead.

More news are ready to come, soon.

Great Work, congrats!!!

Big question for me is, are you planning to sell a DIY KIT so we can make the Mod by ourselves? I would be very pleased customer if this is possible.

TKS
Quote from pgrande :great work, congrats!!!

Big question for me is, are you planning to sell a diy kit so we can make the mod by ourselves? I would be very pleased customer if this is possible.

Tks

+1
#46 - Byku
Awesome! O.O Seriously! Great work with that! Any G25 broken already? I've never opened G25 myself(still under warranty), do You think that G25 might withstand such a stress for long time? Do You have any prediction of the cost? Will You sell modded G25 or will You mod other peoples G25 which are send to You? Seriously guys, my jaw dropped when i've seen that YouTube film .

Quote from pgrande :Great Work, congrats!!!

Big question for me is, are you planning to sell a DIY KIT so we can make the Mod by ourselves? I would be very pleased customer if this is possible.

TKS

+1
#47 - STF
Quote from mcintyrej :Very nice - so does the turn speed still work as fast when the strength isn't as high? For example could the G25-E Be run at 40% LFS Strength yet still rotate as fast?

Exactly what i was wondering myself. I guess that would partially eliminate some heat too.
Quote from 91mason91 :Np, but i wouldnt mind paying the shipping costs for you "IF" you decide to test outside of italy

i would too always intrested in hardware beta testing

i have had my g25 just over a year and if you can improve on it you must be god
Looks very promising. Any ideas on pricing?
Amazing! It's basically as fast as the Frex. Would be nice to see a FFB test in action though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG