The online racing simulator
What is the issue with open wheel car
Hello I am fairly new to LFS, I love the open wheel cars

but the most powerfull one, AI was ram into you from the back at start, then the car has no grip in the rear, you touch the gas and the rear comes out???

Is that normal?
Its normal with the current physics and AI. However in 2 days the physics get upgraded so you shouldnt spin as much. The AI is fairly stupid right now but should be getting updated in the future.
Thanks
#4 - Woz
Quote from f1simfam :Thanks

The problem with the tires at the moment is not when they break away but how. Even after the tire update I would expect the back end to break away just as easy. The car is light with huge power so you have to be careful until the downforce starts to take effect and the grip levels come up. Also cold slicks will have far less grip than warm ones.

Even with tanks like the Aussie V8s you watch drivers and at low speed it can take them 1-2 seconds to fully apply power before an upshift just so the car does not try to swap ends on them.

Learn to be subtle with power. The more power the car has the more subtle you will need to be.

If you have not already done so, try the NetKar Pro demo. This has a great tire model but the same thing happends in the cars will swap ends if you drive with a heavy foot.
As Woz said, we should not expect power oversteer will be gone after the update. Afterall, that is part of reallife and if you floor it too hard, well then you will have to pay for it.

I expect a change in the behaviour AFTER the tire lost lateral grip and how it comes back to you. I don't expect it to build up unlimited lateral grip, which would be more wrong than it used to be.
#6 - ajp71
A F3000 car would not be so hard to start IRL because IRL you can feel what the car is doing quicker. When you get the hang of it you'll be able to make quick starts with ease.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
play around with your settings and the like . . . . Reducing rear tyre pressure, longer first gear ratio, a softening of the rear suspension can all aid in reducing the wibbles, but above all is throttle control. You cannot floor the FO8 and expect it to just pull away in a straight line. It ain't gunna happen that way. Learn to modulate your right foot or if you use mouse then the rapid finger and a quick change up to second can help.
I've noticed quite a lot of times that after taking a few weeks off from LFS and coming back, you regain plenty of sensitivity how the car reacts. You'll notice under- and oversteer earlier etc., and once you get back in the zone, the cars seem unspinnable.
Sweet, Thx for all the help. I will try for sure.

Just love the sound and physic of open wheel cars
Quote from ajp71 :A F3000 car would not be so hard to start IRL because IRL you can feel what the car is doing quicker. When you get the hang of it you'll be able to make quick starts with ease.

yeah nps in the fox nail a good start every time . I used to spin 1st 2nd 3rd and have no tires left by first corner lol
Are the tyres really the only problem? I loaded some setups and they all have a high nose for the FOX cars. I know now that there is some problem with aero so far but I tried to lower the front to a some normal settings and the feeling was much more what I expect a front wing car to be.
So you saying the tyres are the only problem?

Id say only this fix will make a big difference regardless tyres.
#12 - XsX!
today patch will fix the high nose problem too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG