The online racing simulator
Laptop for $1000
(41 posts, started )
You said you would game on your PS3...does the 9800M really matter?
Not really, but I'll still be paying 1000$ for that, why not put 100-200-300$ more and get a decent GPU.

Apart for the GPU thingie, does the rest of this laptop sound decent?
#28 - Jakg
Sounds fine.

Won't play games for shizzle though.
Yea I know that's exactly why I want the 9800M.

I heard the shop I want to order from accredited by Toshiba so they can open the laptops and mess with them without voiding your warranty. Plus they offer a laptop similar to the one I posted upper with a 9600M for about 400$ more. It also have bluthooth and a lot of other craps that I wouldnt use tho.
#30 - Jakg
Adding RAM is usually covered by the warranty, and everything else is way to hard anyway (CPU & HDD are just about doable - changing the GPU is impossible without a new motherboard).
Buy the one in America, have it shipped to someone you know (that lives as far north as possible I guess), then have them ship it to you.
I bought my new laptop this morning. It should be here by tuesday or wednesday.

Processor 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 Memory 4,096MB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Hard drive 320GB, 5,400rpm Chipset Intel GM45 Express Graphics 1GB Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS Operating System Windows Vista Premium 64-bit Dimensions (width x height) 13.4 x 10 inches Thickness 1.3 to 1.5 inches Screen size (diagonal) 14.1 inches System weight / Weight with AC adapter 5.7 / 6.6 pounds Category Midsize
I received the laptop this morning. It's awesome! Thanks everyone for helping me to choose a decent rig!
Quote from Riders Motion :I received the laptop this morning. It's awesome! Thanks everyone for helping me to choose a decent rig!

Congrats! How much FPS you get in LFS?
I still need to download the latest drivers before I can tell but so far I get 40FPS with 8xAA, 16xAF and my 300mb DDS folder.

For some reason 40FPS on a LCD screens seems a lot smoother than 40FPS on a CTR monitor.

Edit: 40FPS behind a field of 30 AI drivers at South City, offcourse.
Exactly what I expected.
RM, what laptop is that could you post a link to the web site?
Asus X83VM-X1. You can get it off Ebay for around 850$ US.
would the laptop i showed you be better for me? cause i can't seem to find that laptop in any store and im not buying from ebay (i hate ebay)
I think the one you showed me is better. Either way you will run LFS fine on both machines.
Ow, 40fps on South City after 29 AI's?!

That's perfect for laptop!

Laptop for $1000
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG