The online racing simulator
lfs server problem!
(8 posts, started )
lfs server problem!
set up a dedicated server on my machine, (my pc is the connected to a neetwork to get the internet)

it says its running, yet its not in the avalable servers list.
and when i try to join it by name i get

Clientconnect: Connect failed

any ideas?
Did you read this?
what?
yeh but thats total gobaldy gook to me..

no idea what ports even are let alone how to forward them

mabe i have to do somthing with my router
hi ryan. checkout http://www.portforward.com/eng ... orwarding/routerindex.htm although it might not have the exact instructions for setting up LFS, it will however guide you thru opening ports on your specific router, when it comes to choosing the application/game, just choose something else if lfs isnt there.

i have just checked and apparently lfs server is there! have fun
done
i have followed the link and done exactly as it told me. but when i do a host either in game or off a dedicated server it still says " connectclien: connet failed " :bewarespa

i dont no what else to try
d link
just noticed that on my d link router settings , when i ass lfs as a persmission o open the potrts , it will not add it to current permissions for some reason

any1 had XP with a D link router?
"just noticed that on my d link router settings , when i ass lfs as a persmission o open the potrts , it will not add it to current permissions for some reason"

sorry if english is a second or third language ,but i didnt really understand any of that,
#8 - jto93
Quote from ryansmith1984 :just noticed that on my d link router settings , when i ass lfs as a persmission o open the potrts , it will not add it to current permissions for some reason

any1 had XP with a D link router?

YES i have and its all good! you probably did something wrong when you did set the portforwardings.

you should go to advanced > viritual servers and there u make a new one.

with the port your LFS dedi is using. set both (TCP and UDO) not TCP or UDP

good luck

BTW: is it wireless or cable? wireless won't work when setting up server only cable

lfs server problem!
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG