The online racing simulator
6 Hours of Blackwood GP: Drivers' Briefing
Start procedure:
The race start will be on the back stretch, after a full safety car lap. The safety car will pull off on the outside of turn 1, and the leader will control the field from that point until the green flag. The same will apply in case of a server crash.

45% rule:
GT1: 144 laps
GT2: 137 laps
so its a single file or double file start ?
Double file start on the back straight (just after S1).
Is it possible for the green flag to be dropped before we go through the first split? Wasn't the best situation the last time having the laptime come up at the same time as the green flag.
Well, I think that depends a bit on where the last car is at that point. It's a bit nasty to give a green flag while the last rows are still in the chicane.
Quote from Bawbag :Is it possible for the green flag to be dropped before we go through the first split? Wasn't the best situation the last time having the laptime come up at the same time as the green flag.

You can disable the large split time notifications in display options.
I thought the flags went over the split time, seen as they're more important Ah well improvement suggestion maybe...
Maybe Ray means that while you're waiting for the green flag notification to appear on the screen you're likely to react to anything that appears, even if it's just a split time. I'd still recommend disabling the large split notifications though, that should help imo.
Doesn't the *Green flag* message come up as a chat message too? If so, watch that.

If not, go with what Josh is saying.
Yeah, the green flag won't be given until all the cars are through the chicane. You'll just have to be a bit less jumpy and watch more carefully. Like PMD said, check for the chat message as well as the RCM.
Quote from joshdifabio :You can disable the large split time notifications in display options.

Yea but I use it

Well a couple of points, at As Gp it seemed like the admins waited untill we were at the S/F line to drop the Green flag, as the last cars were out of the chicane by about 100m before the flag was dropped.

At as gp there was no chat message for the green flag.

So yea, it was just a suggestion because say i'm going over the split and I know that the split will come up, so i've allready told myself not to react then the green flag comes and by the time i've realised that I should react MarcyG's allready hauling ass by me.
Quote from Bawbag :

At as gp there was no chat message for the green flag.

There was. One line.
Attached images
jarly.JPG
Quote from Bawbag :

indeed... I checked the stream video and you can see the message on the top left. Odd.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG