The online racing simulator
Getting into go karting?
(63 posts, started )
I think that that ARKS is just the biggest bull ever.
Drive!
Learn how a kart works!
Dont get a stupid license that you wont need and doesn't improve your driving!
Yea but.. how a kart works.. Steer.. Accelerate.. Brake .. Wey!!

If you look on the arks website it shows you what you get.. and there is a book telling you information

Of course your going to pick up technique when you compete... a licence isnt supposed to teach you..
Quote from Jordan2007 :Yea but.. how a kart works.. Steer.. Accelerate.. Brake .. Wey!!

If you look on the arks website it shows you what you get.. and there is a book telling you information

Of course your going to pick up technique when you compete... a licence isnt supposed to teach you..

Another piece of crap.
Sorry that I'm a bit hardon this but it doesn't make sense.
That boy needs to Race, Drive, Practice.
Not take stupid lessons. The best lesson is to go out there and explore the track and look for the limits!
Thats why you do your licence then test..
Quote from Jordan2007 :Thats why you do your licence then test..

No thats why you dont take a license and use that money to train more!
Without a license he can't race... No matter how silly the system seems you have no option but to do the ARKS test if you want to race. Its the same with the ARDS, one of my mates told me it was piss easy.
Quote from keiran :Without a license he can't race... No matter how silly the system seems you have no option but to do the ARKS test if you want to race. Its the same with the ARDS, one of my mates told me it was piss easy.

He must not race.
First he must train and drive alot of meters!
Then maybe after a year consider racing!
Quote from Vinnylegends :He must not race.
First he must train and drive alot of meters!
Then maybe after a year consider racing!

I don't understand your logic... I know very few people who spent lots of time testing over racing. The only ones I have known of have either been too young or bought a kart to mess around with then caught the bug. I doubt he is looking at competing in the formula kart stars or any other major kart series in his first year.

I had about two hours in a hire kart and a further hour or two in my cadet before my first meeting. Didn't really harm me any, was always fighting with the top 3/4 in cadets at my local track.

If I was him I'd just get right in there and race at club level for the first year. Practicing is all well and good but you'll never quite know how you compare with the guys you'll actually be racing. At least if he races he'll have a benchmark, gain valuable racing experience (starts, race craft, general running of meetings etc) and also meet other racers to help him out.
Agree with Keiran on this one, my Cousin never really did a lot of testing before competing in karts, just did enough to pass his ARKS and then straight into racing.

Didn’t do him that much harm either has he was reasonably successful as he learned most of what he knew racing. There’s only so much you learn by running around the track on your own.
Ill stop discussing here since you guys wont understand it.
In Holland I'm not going to race until end of this year or next year because I wanna train first so I'm in shape for a new season.
But if you guys wanna take an ARKS or whatever it is and get alot better by it then suit yourself!
Quote from Vinnylegends :Ill stop discussing here since you guys wont understand it.
In Holland I'm not going to race until end of this year or next year because I wanna train first so I'm in shape for a new season.
But if you guys wanna take an ARKS or whatever it is and get alot better by it then suit yourself!

He has to take his ARKS at one point or another to go MSA racing.

I agree focussing on practising and improving before you race is a good idea, but your first 5 races are as a novice at the back of the gruid anyway. So it doesn't matter a HUGE amount
Quote from Intrepid :He has to take his ARKS at one point or another to go MSA racing.

I agree focussing on practising and improving before you race is a good idea, but your first 5 races are as a novice at the back of the gruid anyway. So it doesn't matter a HUGE amount

Yes but if he will be lapped by the big guys then it could become a huge carnage!
Quote from Vinnylegends :Yes but if he will be lapped by the big guys then it could become a huge carnage!

I agree he should practise before racing but club racing isn't like International karting. The races only last 12 laps so unless he is consistently 3-4 seconds off the pace he isn't going to find himself being lapped all that often.

Also he has to start all his novice races at the back of the grid anyway to avoid such carnage.

Getting into go karting?
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG