The online racing simulator
Rubbish servers
(49 posts, closed, started )
Quote from tamani :I would recommend you all avoid AW server (asphalt warriors).I was on there tonight and the admins had bad attitudes,claiming they ban ppl who THEY crash into.Due to the fact this is a excellent racing game,ive noticed a lot of admins do this if they lack the skills needed to get round the track.Once the admin had "apparently watched the replay" he claimed it was my fault for taking the racing line before him.If i didnt take the line before him i could of stayed on his server,so its not much of a race if you have to move over for admins who dont have enough skill to pass you legally. Shame !!!!

Hey, moron. First of all, dont come with some crap like this without evidence. Second of all, I've been running this team for a long time and we have been extremely careful with who we allow to be admins. Im not perfect, and they are not perfect. We DO make mistakes but we never, EVER ban somebody just because of a racing incident. However, if you feel this has happened, save the freikin replay and post it. Otherwise, your just starting a bunch of crap for no reason.

That being said, I will be the first to admit that we are probably a little more strict on our server than most. But this is what has helped to make this team and server what it is today. People know that when they come to an AW server, there is almost always an admin keeping a close eye on things, and that if there is a trouble-maker, they are banned quickly, and usually for at least a week. Permanant bans are rare, but they do happen. The only things we will typically ban permanantly for are purpousful crashing, hacking/exploiting, constantly begging for restarts, car/track change, constantly starting arguments, or terribly disrespecting a team member/admin.

I ask all of my admins to save replays when they ban someone, but its not a rule necessarily. So again, if you have an issue, SAVE THE REPLAY and feel free to post it. I will personally review it, and may unban you because again, like I said, WE ARE HUMAN AND WE DO MAKE MISTAKES. Most of our admins and team members are very respectful drivers, and many of us will even move over and give you a free pass at the last second if we feel that we took the position unfairly. We do that ALL THE TIME. We just expect the same respect in return. As for blue flags, this is probably where we are the most strict. Alot of times we will kick some1 who has blue flag, and is showing no intent to move over and let the leaders pass. But this is never done unless multiple text warnings were posted telling the blue-flagger to move over and let the leaders by. This is just common sense, folks. We have great drivers at our server and have extremely close fights/finishes for the lead, and theres no way in hell we're gonna allow a blue-flagger to ruin a good race. Its just not gonna happen.There are other areas in which we actually are NOT as strict as other servers. For instance, with blocking. BLOCK LIKE HELL, being faster than someone is just one part of the equation, ya gotta be able to get by them as well and thats just a part of racing. If you dont like that, then there are TONS of servers who dont allow it. But personally, if I wanna do slot-car racing i'll go spend 5 bucks at the local fair. But its important to remember that there is a big difference between blocking a position during racing conditions, and blocking during yellow flag conditions. If you hit the wall, or otherwise lose alot of speed then moving in front of an advancing driver is not blocking, its crashing. Anyways, I hope this helps to "clear the air" a little on what our standards are at AW, what we expect, and how we run things. See you in the server. w00t!
After "hey moron" I stopped reading.
i dont bother reading it, its just a wall of boring text.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :After "hey moron" I stopped reading.

Granted, it's not the best way to start a post, but he does have valid points.

Quote from trebor901 :i dont bother reading it, its just a wall of boring text.

While it may be a bit much, his post is well written in proper english, with punctuation and very few grammatical/spelling mistakes. That makes it a lot better than 95% of the posts on this forum.
I agree, after the 1st paragraph (maybe a little over defensive ) 88Reasons has posted an excellent post.

I think its clear that without replay proof theres never going to be any substance to these type of threads.

I think Team AW is getting some press either way
I wonder if you will get larger grids because of it

SD.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :After "hey moron" I stopped reading.

Interesting that you still felt the need to reply tho.

as have I
I am an AW admin and we do the things we do to keep our sever clean. the point of this game is so people can learn to be a better racer. if there is someone in our sever who isn't playing right you shouldn't be in our sever and you will be removed and if there is a problem with what i have said please tell me
[AW]Mikie
Quote from SparkyDave :Interesting that you still felt the need to reply tho.

as have I

'Cause great minds think alike!
Ahahahahahah!!!!!!
This is funny. Race stats for tanami.....

Total stats:Travelled distance:287 MlFuel burnt:187 LtrLaps:103Hosts joined:12Races won:0Second:0Third:1Finished:4Qualifications:1Pole Positions:0Drags / Wins:0 / 0
So I guess this guy is quite the expert in "getting around the track".
Quote from aptitudex :I find AW a great server ... Cone Dodgers and Redline is another story.

Way to big up yer own server , CD run a tight ship , and so do we ..funny I have never seen u on our servers , so how about u drop by b4 making hasty
and unfounded comments numbnuts ?

*edit* Logged on to server to find 6-7 people on it , 4 admins , all seemed nice guys was good fun ...great racing

stand by my above statement tho ...
Quote from SparkyDave :I agree, after the 1st paragraph (maybe a little over defensive ) 88Reasons has posted an excellent post.

I think its clear that without replay proof theres never going to be any substance to these type of threads.

I think Team AW is getting some press either way
I wonder if you will get larger grids because of it

SD.

Well, thing is that I dont make alot of posts because I see the same crap going on all the time. Some1 makes a post, some1 else replies with something like "well what about this, you didnt say that, what do you mean by this....." etc. And I dont have the patience. So, when I make a post, its well thought out and answers all possible questions/arguments ahead of time. Just makes sense to me. For Christ's sakes all I really wanna do is race. period. Just freikin' RACE. Is that so hard, people? The only reason I started the team was so I could have a server that I could control closely, and ban the morons that make good racing impossible.
Ok
#39 - SamH
I'm thinking about editing the post from "moron" to "donkey nuts". That way people might still keep reading that post. The lure of comedy...

88Reasons, I heartily recommend always remembering that when you ban someone from your server and don't give them right to reply immediately, there's a very strong chance that those who feel aggrieved will show up on the forum. The likelihood is that they'll be the ones using the word "moron", and in my experience forum users will immediately recognise it as the heat of upset/anger.

However, if the server admin starts out in that tone, they'll lose all sympathy on the forum because they're immediately (being admins) assumed to be in the position of power. The premise is always that you're probably an admin abusing your powers.

It's clear that you're an accidental admin. You want decent racing and you've found that the best way to achieve it is to run and manage your own server. That's how UKCT started out in LFS, 4 years ago, as TeamCCUK, so I know how you feel and where you're at.

Some folks may know, I fully support the "replay or it didn't happen" philosophy. I have to balance that with the no name/shame of individuals policy on the forum. If the hardware is yours, I strongly recommend turning automatic replay saving on, on your server. It'll eat HD space unless you maintain the server, but I've found that as a server administrator, complaints against your admin decisions are almost always very easily resolved by attaching the relevent replay. You generally don't even need to utter a word in defence.. once others on the forum see the OP's behaviour in the replay, the OP will quickly start to BEG for the thread to be deleted. Of course, this only works if your admin decisions are good calls. If they're not, things can and do get ugly on here. I have a feeling your admin calls are solid, though
Quote from SamH :I'm thinking about editing the post from "moron" to "donkey nuts". That way people might still keep reading that post. The lure of comedy...

88Reasons, I heartily recommend always remembering that when you ban someone from your server and don't give them right to reply immediately, there's a very strong chance that those who feel aggrieved will show up on the forum. The likelihood is that they'll be the ones using the word "moron", and in my experience forum users will immediately recognise it as the heat of upset/anger.

However, if the server admin starts out in that tone, they'll lose all sympathy on the forum because they're immediately (being admins) assumed to be in the position of power. The premise is always that you're probably an admin abusing your powers.

It's clear that you're an accidental admin. You want decent racing and you've found that the best way to achieve it is to run and manage your own server. That's how UKCT started out in LFS, 4 years ago, as TeamCCUK, so I know how you feel and where you're at.

Some folks may know, I fully support the "replay or it didn't happen" philosophy. I have to balance that with the no name/shame of individuals policy on the forum. If the hardware is yours, I strongly recommend turning automatic replay saving on, on your server. It'll eat HD space unless you maintain the server, but I've found that as a server administrator, complaints against your admin decisions are almost always very easily resolved by attaching the relevent replay. You generally don't even need to utter a word in defence.. once others on the forum see the OP's behaviour in the replay, the OP will quickly start to BEG for the thread to be deleted. Of course, this only works if your admin decisions are good calls. If they're not, things can and do get ugly on here. I have a feeling your admin calls are solid, though

Well, I guess its a really good thing that I'm not too concerned with "sympathy on the forum" or being assumed to be "an admin abusing his powers". Again, this is why I dont post often, because apparently there's a bunch of emo-children running around with their hearts on their sleeves just waiting to get sliced. I replied to this idiot's post for two reasons, and that was to point out just how stupid he is (Scroll up and see his stats......jesus.....) and to state my general philosophy of this team, and how/why we manage it the way we do. Im not here for sympathy, to give a motivational speech, or to make the ladies cream their panties. Why? Because I suck at it. But I'm one hell of an admin and I know it. And so are the admins on our team. See you in the server ladies.
#41 - SamH
Get the feeling my post got read but it didn't get heard. Ahh well
Quote from SamH :Get the feeling my post got read but it didn't get heard. Ahh well

Yeh it did man. And I appreciate your cander. I'm just slightly agitated at some of the n00bish behavior/posts lately. People act like we freikin owe them something. For god's sakes people need to man up/grow up for a change and stop acting like children, thats all. At least thats just my opinion.
Quote from 88Reasons :Hey, moron. First of all, dont come with some crap like this without evidence. Second of all, I've been running this team for a long time and we have been extremely careful with who we allow to be admins. Im not perfect, and they are not perfect. We DO make mistakes but we never, EVER ban somebody just because of a racing incident. However, if you feel this has happened, save the freikin replay and post it. Otherwise, your just starting a bunch of crap for no reason.

That being said, I will be the first to admit that we are probably a little more strict on our server than most. But this is what has helped to make this team and server what it is today. People know that when they come to an AW server, there is almost always an admin keeping a close eye on things, and that if there is a trouble-maker, they are banned quickly, and usually for at least a week. Permanant bans are rare, but they do happen. The only things we will typically ban permanantly for are purpousful crashing, hacking/exploiting, constantly begging for restarts, car/track change, constantly starting arguments, or terribly disrespecting a team member/admin.

I ask all of my admins to save replays when they ban someone, but its not a rule necessarily. So again, if you have an issue, SAVE THE REPLAY and feel free to post it. I will personally review it, and may unban you because again, like I said, WE ARE HUMAN AND WE DO MAKE MISTAKES. Most of our admins and team members are very respectful drivers, and many of us will even move over and give you a free pass at the last second if we feel that we took the position unfairly. We do that ALL THE TIME. We just expect the same respect in return. As for blue flags, this is probably where we are the most strict. Alot of times we will kick some1 who has blue flag, and is showing no intent to move over and let the leaders pass. But this is never done unless multiple text warnings were posted telling the blue-flagger to move over and let the leaders by. This is just common sense, folks. We have great drivers at our server and have extremely close fights/finishes for the lead, and theres no way in hell we're gonna allow a blue-flagger to ruin a good race. Its just not gonna happen.There are other areas in which we actually are NOT as strict as other servers. For instance, with blocking. BLOCK LIKE HELL, being faster than someone is just one part of the equation, ya gotta be able to get by them as well and thats just a part of racing. If you dont like that, then there are TONS of servers who dont allow it. But personally, if I wanna do slot-car racing i'll go spend 5 bucks at the local fair. But its important to remember that there is a big difference between blocking a position during racing conditions, and blocking during yellow flag conditions. If you hit the wall, or otherwise lose alot of speed then moving in front of an advancing driver is not blocking, its crashing. Anyways, I hope this helps to "clear the air" a little on what our standards are at AW, what we expect, and how we run things. See you in the server. w00t!

Just the answer i expected from AW admin 'Hey Moron' jus to let u know i dont know how u get away with bein a complete tool,when u figure it out try usin ur steerin wheel proper and quit bitchin ......goon
Quote from 88Reasons :This is funny. Race stats for tanami.....

Total stats:Travelled distance:287 MlFuel burnt:187 LtrLaps:103Hosts joined:12Races won:0Second:0Third:1Finished:4Qualifications:1Pole Positions:0Drags / Wins:0 / 0

hmm not the fact that i have raced for years for WOSEC on gtr.
Try and find another 87 reasons fool
Quote from 88Reasons :This is funny. Race stats for tanami.....

On an oval track loads of skill shame u boys aint got it
Lets not argue chaps, seen this type of thread go of the rails too many times and is is uglier than a melted welly boot to see and wins no one any respect either
is there a connection between posting alot of shite and not actually racing alot ?
some very regular posters spring to mind.....
Quote from tamani :On an oval track loads of skill shame u boys aint got it

Why is it thet the stats say you dont really race yet you seem to be talking alot of crap. have you ever seen even a few members of our team race?
Just wondering
[AW]Mikie:chair:
no wonder this thread is in the noob forum
This thread is closed

Rubbish servers
(49 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG