The online racing simulator
LFS freezing
(10 posts, started )
LFS freezing
My LFS seems to be freezing for 10-15 seconds.. it happens randomly.. sometimes i can ride clear for 10 sec sometimes 2 min (current best)..
i had a similar problem with gta san andreas (had small freezing) but i managed to fix it with DOWNclocking my gpu core but no affect on lfs, tried minimum grafix but nothing.. my pc dosent have quadturbo processor or hd4870x2 gpu but... game shud still run smooth

i has a p4, fx5200gpu and 512mb ram.. and i have no problems on my laptop with like 64mb integrated video

oh and sometimes after the freezing car looks **** or sky looks red/black/green or http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8462/lfs.png
i dont think its driver related, possibly a faulty GPU,looks as though the screen is tearing! have you another GPU to try, the fx5200 is quite old now, possibly its overheating, the thermal compound could do with replacing, does the card have a fan or is it a heatsink? check the fan is spinning.

how does the computer behave in other games?

if anything i would suspect its a dead/dying card :-(
Quote from bully2100 :i dont think its driver related, possibly a faulty GPU,looks as though the screen is tearing! have you another GPU to try, the fx5200 is quite old now, possibly its overheating, the thermal compound could do with replacing, does the card have a fan or is it a heatsink? check the fan is spinning.

how does the computer behave in other games?

well i can play most wanted for hours and not a single freeze, just had problem with 2 games.. fx5200 does have a fan, i can't see it moving(since card is upside down) but i can feel the air moving , and the annoying part is that lfs keeps on freezing even at 640x480 16bit resolution with most of the effects off.. i think it started with previous patch.. i'm gonna download older version and see if it's still freezing... and if that dosen't work i think ill need to start downclocking again

tried patch v, still freezing... cpu usage goes to 100% and whole pc freezes with the game.. mby memory leak or something?
check programs in your taskmanager. LFS is mainly CPU using and something is disturbing LFS. maybe another program that just execute something regulary or you got malware, Virus or other faulty software.
Quote from JazzOn :check programs in your taskmanager. LFS is mainly CPU using and something is disturbing LFS. maybe another program that just execute something regulary or you got malware, Virus or other faulty software.

well first commit charge was 720mb (i only got 512mb ram), but then i closed most of the programs and got it down to 400mb with lfs but.. i tried to play but nothing changed... before closing lfs it was up to 500mb already

it can't be malware because i just installed windows xp yesterday

// i lost the freeze with gpu downclock (and lost about 20-30fps @min gfx) but still doesn't explain why there ain't no problems at other games
yes kinda strange..
Just a thought.. do you have lfs on a separat patition installed with extremly high res textures or so... maybe that make sthe difference

On the other hand (i have no idea of OC`ìng) but you could get a new graphicscard like 6600gt or something. i used this one and it should be really cheap now.

other then that i have no idea...
freezing you mean its could in lfs? LOL

try re install it again see how it goes
the gpu is overclocked?

id place my money there then! :-)

oops just read your edit, coulda said it was overclocked to begin with lol,or isnt it?and your just turning it down?
Quote from bully2100 :the gpu is overclocked?

id place my money there then! :-)

oops just read your edit, coulda said it was overclocked to begin with lol,or isnt it?and your just turning it down?

it waznt overclocked, gpu core is now at 200mhz (default 250mhz)
I'm sure that you have too much "garbage" in your graphics card. Clean it and remove all dust that you can find on it. I had problems with a GF 6600 some time ago, too much dust inside. That would fix the problem. Don't forget to clean the ventilator.

LFS freezing
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG