The online racing simulator
So yeah, starting tonight I'm going to go through and do some evaluations, looking for moments and who to, basially, to be blunt, shitcan them from this year's race. I'm sorry, but some of the behavior I saw Sunday afternoon was NOT acceptable, and honestly, I was getting flashbacks to last year's 250. That's not something anyone wants.

But at least I didn't call a competition caution !

d
Quote from dekojester :But at least I didn't call a competition caution !

Yeeeahhh deko did it, he learnt out of last year
An apology to the guy who I forced up the track at turn one unintentionally, and the guy who I also unintentionally forced into a spin at the final turn (I think). I don't know who it was, but sorry for those incidents. Also, I noticed my SC driving was a bit crazy at times, which I shall work to improve.

All a part of my learning curve, I shall practice, practice, and practice some more
You of all people should know better Steve, tut tut
Quote from EliteAti :pff man, this isnt official race and i was racing serious otherwise in the race.
If you have 2 attendance in those practise sessions then dont come again ok? you can always practise by yourself. Well see in the official events how this goes.

Wow kid... you sure have one shit attitude!

The fact of the matter is you are driving like a muppet under SC ... you DONT PASS under SC, yet you still proceed to argue with those who have way more experience than you like your king shit.... Shape up or gtfo.
Quote from EliteAti :
If you have 2 attendance in those practise sessions then dont come again ok? you can always practise by yourself.

Okay, I've only just noticed this, and I must ask, what in the world makes you think this ? It's actually, to be honest, rather dumb if you ask me to practice by yourself. Racing is NOT hotlapping. You practice by yourself if you want to hotlap. Racing involves OTHER PEOPLE ! I actually encourage attendance at more than the minimum, so they can race with others, and see how others race, and still get some practice in.

Sorry mate, but your logic here is, IMHO, quite flawed.

d
Quote from EliteAti :well see in the actual race

E

By the looks of things, you're not going to be taking part in the race, or the qualification. Or any further practice sessions.
#83 - CSF
Quote from EliteAti :pff man, this isnt official race and i was racing serious otherwise in the race.
If you have 2 attendance in those practise sessions then dont come again ok? you can always practise by yourself. Well see in the official events how this goes.

Quote from dekojester :Okay, I've only just noticed this, and I must ask, what in the world makes you think this ? It's actually, to be honest, rather dumb if you ask me to practice by yourself. Racing is NOT hotlapping. You practice by yourself if you want to hotlap. Racing involves OTHER PEOPLE ! I actually encourage attendance at more than the minimum, so they can race with others, and see how others race, and still get some practice in.

d

Have to agree with Deko. It's oval racing, where everything is even more extreme concerning the involvment of other races. Hotlappers might have some succes in roadcourse racing over shorter distances but Oval racing really needs some more qualities then just being fast. You need to be able to smell all cars around you, to anticipate what they are doing. If the car ahead slides a bit, and you know from experience that this racer normally spins his car in those situations, you get off gas, but you cannot do stuff like that if you don't stay in touch with the other racers, if you don't practice racing.
I was a last year competitor, and I was present at the only practice event last year, the Kyoto 125, and it really enlightend me what to expect during 250 miles, during over 2h of racing. It is something you only learn out of experience, out of racing.
One thing I fear many could forget is that they'll get tired, as it is not a usual distance to race alone...
Quote from TFalke55 :
One thing I fear many could forget is that they'll get tired, as it is not a usual distance to race alone...

Ya

People seem to keep forgetting that this is an endurance event...
Quote from Timdpr :By the looks of things, you're not going to be taking part in the race, or the qualification. Or any further practice sessions.

best post i've seen.

maybe sitting out will do the greatest good in teaching
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti
Yeah, i think that i was driving stupidly there, please say here if i hit anyone, wanting to say sorry thru PM's

Starting from TIM.
Thanks for the apology. I haven't seen any complaints about your driving up 'till now, and you seem like a nice person, (admitting you're wrong can be hard) but your attitude towards this event was completely wrong, and your ban is deserved. Good work Deko! Hpefully this will improve the driving standards of not just those banned...including me, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a warning or mabye a penalty, my driving was awful.
Quote from dekojester :Okay, I've only just noticed this, and I must ask, what in the world makes you think this ? It's actually, to be honest, rather dumb if you ask me to practice by yourself. Racing is NOT hotlapping. You practice by yourself if you want to hotlap. Racing involves OTHER PEOPLE ! I actually encourage attendance at more than the minimum, so they can race with others, and see how others race, and still get some practice in.

d

yeah, im sorry about that, stupid driving imo, other racers included in the race, flame me freely including whole NDR team. I admit that my driving was utterly stupid. and i dont drive that stupidly again ever on serious league events. sorry guys, not my days the days lately
Quote from teedot :Wow kid... you sure have one shit attitude!

Shape up

had bad day, ill shape up from that

Quote from Timdpr :Thanks for the apology. I haven't seen any complaints about your driving up 'till now, and you seem like a nice person, (admitting you're wrong can be hard) but your attitude towards this event was completely wrong, and your ban is deserved. Good work Deko! Hpefully this will improve the driving standards of not just those banned...including me, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a warning or mabye a penalty, my driving was awful.

thank you for your response, i want to apologise from other guys as well. let my PM box flood of negative messages, i wont be offended
Quote from EliteAti's sig :Im sorry about my stupid driving in NDR's events, never gonna race like that stupidly anymore.

:doh:

Menee nyt lievästi absurdiksi tämä.

(EDIT: "This is now getting mildly absurd." Effing translatormachines.)
Quote from hyntty ::doh:

I've no idea what that says, but as always I'm sure its another constructive, helpful and PC comment from timo
Translation: Finnish » English
Now goes to put it mildly, this is absurd.
Quote from hyntty ::doh:

(EDIT: "This is now getting mildly absurd." Effing translatormachines.)

i just want to show that im not a stupid driver, who has bad behaviour on track and on forums
alright guys...this is getting ridiculous. Fact is...there were many things that went wrong that day. Blame it on inexperience, bad luck, w/e. What's done is done. Stop throwing crap at each other and walk away we dont need any Scott Speeds coming this qualifying session.

Just calm down, practice a bit and keep in mind that oval racing is all about the traffic around you. Driving on oval is easy, racing on the oval is what makes it a challenge.

(BTW those of you who dont know what I'm referencing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nij4DlJnIDY)

As Kyle Petty said in the video (and I cant believe I'm quoting from him...): "there's no place for that (wrecking/retaliation) in racing"

I know, I'm not really one to talk and I'm known as an aggressive driver and I did make many mistakes that day as well (sorry cawwa ). But as I've said. What's done is done and if you make a mistake, dont make excuses and do your best to avoid it when the show comes. As for those who got taken out, yes it's frustrating. I've been in that position many times before. But keep a cool head. "Shed all your emotions on the track, especially anger" and you'll likely end up forgetting about trivial incidents and end up enjoying yourself
We need more practice please organise a new one for wednesday or friday night.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG