The online racing simulator
how good is a Logitech® Formula™ Force GP
i might buy a Logitech® Formula™ Force GP for a very good price hopefully under a £10`er and i was wondering how good is this wheel how many degress dose it have etc
#2 - th84
thats the yellow one right?? if so, its the first wheel i bought and i did its job. not sure about the degrees turn, but i would say its ok for a starter wheel. i learned how good/bad it was once i got my momo! but for that price, i would go for it
THANKS!!
btw its the red one
Hey, this is my wheel
I can wholeheartedly recommend it because it's very sturdy and durable. And unlike some of the Momos, I haven't had problems with the pedals going crazy after a while. In fact, I've used my first FF GP for almost 2 years before somehow the wheel itself became a little insensitive and jerky around the center. Got a new wheel&pedals then. The pedals on the new wheel had some problems after a year of intensive use, so I swapped the new pedals with my old pedals. To date, I'm still using the old pedals and the new wheel... they're still working perfectly.

It's a very precise and reliable wheel. The build quality visually is not the best, but it's still very sturdy and doesn't break easily.
I cannot comment on the Force Feedback because I've turned it off.
For the money, there's hardly anything that beats it! If you're looking for a cheap way to enter the joy of LFS, this is your way to go. If you happen to have more money, you might be better off getting a Momo or DFP.
However, I cannot say I feel the need for a better wheel than the FF GP, so you might just be fine with it
its 180° (although im pretty sure logitech woud claim its 200)
anyway its pretty crappy compared to any of the higher quality wheels but for that price id take it
#6 - th84
edit; ive got my colors mixed up, sorry!! for that price , id get it!!

i had to go in the attic to make sure, yes i had the red one, and it was a fine wheel for the money!! go for it man!!
I do have one (the red one, don't know about yellow ones) and i think it's quite good especially for the price you mentioned.

Lock to lock it's 270 degrees. (EDIT: it's 200 ... just checked )

Positive:
+ reasonably priced (especially for 10 pounds)
+ FF has quite a punch
+ didn't break in the last 2-3 years i used it

Negative:
- doesn't have a precision feel to it, everything is a bit wobbly
- two more buttons would be nice (got 4 on the front and 2 paddle shifters on the back)

Even if you are not satisfied it will be a nice backup if 'the one to come after it' will break ...
Quote from th84 :oh, lol. sorry m8!!

the red one doesnt have ffb then right?? i would say not to get it, ffb is the shizznit and i would shell out the extra $$ to get a wheel with ffb

You saw the link in his post? It's the red one and it has FFB. Or what did you think stands the "Force" in "Formula Force GP" for...?

I once bought it since I was a bit suspicous about FFB having used non-FFB nearly 10 years long before and didn't want to risk too much money on something I might not be happy with. At that time I used it with the GTR-demo and the ETCC-mod from RSR for F1C. I didn't like it and sold it after one day. Dunno why, but the FFB just seemed completely unrealistic to me. I also don't know if other wheels have better FFB or if it was the fault of GTR or F1C (ETCC). But maybe it was just me. I'm a bit special about my wheel. Now I still use my old MS Sidewinder Precision without FFB.

*EDIT*

One thing I remember is that the pedal plate was just a bit too small for my feet. I was constantly going up and down at the back corner of the plate. This even made my feet hurt after some driving.
I have the same wheel. There is a certain slackness to it, but nothing that bothers me too much. FF is fine as far as I'm concerned. The only downside for me is the lack of buttons, as mentioned. Other than that it's fine.

If you're unlucky, you might get problems with the pedals but that's fixable.
#10 - th84
lol, for some reason the link wouldnt open for me!! either way, i got my colors mixed up, but the force shoulda tipped me off!! :chair:
Assuming it's a used one for a tenner check it's not knackered, mine was rock steady until first the FF gear got stripped (cheap plastic) which caused the FF to bite badly and I had to turn it right down. After this it was still a good enough wheel until the plastic split apart behind the right paddle.

Having said that it was trouble free for 18 months hard abuse and is very good value at that price. The pedals are pretty bad but will be better with a squash ball. Still no comparison to a DFP though.
I own such a steering wheel. My brother uses it and he thinks its very capable. (Gubbe)

Its like a momo, in handling, but doesnt have the momo`s finish, and so.
welll the wheel is ok, i drive it now since a year! it does a great job!

but now have to move for a DFP!
thanks guys for comments

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG