The online racing simulator
My DD Layouts!
(7 posts, started )
My DD Layouts!
This'll be the thread where I post up my DD layouts. I should have some more made in a few weeks time, but I don't want to post a new thread every time I make one.

Here are the links to the threads which were in my signature (by the time I've posted this, they'll be gone! MAGIC! :tilt:

Thrillz & Spillz: First layout I ever made, for Blackwood GP. Thread includes the normal version, the reversed version, and the online remake (made after The Very End put the original on one of the [noobs] servers and it didn't work :razz

Back Home: Second layout made, for South City Long & Town Course. Thread includes the South City Long normal version, South City Town normal version, and the reversals of each. Hasn't been used online yet.

COMING IN A FEW WEEKS TIME: Attempts for Aston Cadet AND Club, plus an attempt at Fern Bay Green.
Sexy:feathers:
TVE should try "Back Home" online one day... It would be a nice chaos.:color:
^^ Make a way to fix barrier bug and I think of it
The Offroad Effect (Aston Cadet Layout)
N.B. I've decided that I WON'T make a Fern Bay Green layout as TVE's is pretty awesome anyway

Here is the first of the new layouts. Creating a DD layout on AS1 is actually really hard because:

1. It's really short, so there probably won't be that many opportunities for crashes
2. There really isn't that much in it that you could adapt to a DD layout

But somehow I think I've done it, at JUST 99 objects (probably the only time I'll ever get under 100), while listening to Passion Pit's debut EP "Chunk Of Change" about 5 times. The name of the layout comes from the fact that there are a lot of offroading opportunities to be found.

Sandboggin': the first piece of offroading sees you squeeze through this tiny gap while going over the sandtrap; be careful not to get stuck!

Split 1: the first of two splits on the track; going left means you can go faster but will be going over the grass, while going right means you have to slow down but will remain on the tarmac! Watch out for the barriers if you go right!

Sandy Slope & The Box: blast it through the partially closed esses before avoiding the boxed off section (placed so that people can't drive all the way on the grass).

Split 2: pretty much the same as Split 1, except the split starts really early compared to Split 1.

No Way In: :evil: same as the usual.

Modification rules still apply, i.e. you can modify it but tell me first

Download from the attachment.
Attached files
AS1_The Offroad Effect.lyt - 804 B - 325 views
Cutt Off (Aston Club Layout)
The second of my two new layouts. At first I did think that AS2 was actually really bad for a DD layout as it really had no spaces for DD action, but after looking at it again, I saw that there were a LOT of places whrere I could improvise. Even though the name of the layout is actually a Kasabian single, I called it that as the track has a lot of the tarmac track "cut off" from the rest of it. It weighs in at exactly 200 objects!

Grass Tracker: You miss the entire first turn as you go across the grass. I was going to split the grass section up into two different paths but I decided not to as it would be very annoying to race on.

J-Split: The only split on this course, named as it looks sort of like a J. Go either right, where you can go a bit faster but need to go the long way round, or dive down left, where it's shorter than the other way but you need to go much slower, so they balance each other out.

Start Straight Slammer: Designed so that you're gonna probably have to either:
a) Slow down and take it easy (:thumbsdow YOU PUSSY)
or
b) Go in too fast so you need to take someone out by squeezing them against the tyre wall (:up: THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!)
[another alternative is c) spin it out on the bend going into the SSS and try to rejoin but take someone out in the process, which is basically b) but with less control]

Sand Blaster: Speed is the key here, so you're gonna need to go fast if you wanna get over it without becoming stuck.

Drift This!: Well go on then, drift it! I bet you can't! Will probably cause at least one person to misjudge the turn completely and go flying into the bunker on the other side.

No Way In: :evil: Mandatory.

Modification rules still apply.

Download from the attachment.
Attached files
AS2_Cutt Off.lyt - 1.6 KB - 349 views
That don't look bad at all, intersting

My DD Layouts!
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG