The online racing simulator
Request: Help me evaluate [and improve] my streaming service.
Note: Please jump to post #21.

Original post follows ...

Hello there!

I would greatly appreciate if as many as possible would visit my under development live server. Right now I'm broadcasting a race in the Torsdagsrace-series.

Tonight's race is 40 laps around Blackwood GP in the FXR.

Please follow this link: [link removed]

Please disregard any lag - Tonight I'm pushing the server to it's limits bandwidth-wise intentionally. Also, the application under development and a bit buggy so try reloading the page or another browser if you're having problems.

Edit: We've got green!
Works fine in FF 3.1, a bit jumpy at times though
Works on Firefox 3.0 here.
Keeps buffereing while playing (is that me? nothing else is running though) making it look a bit choppy, but the quality looks good. (FF3.0.6)

Works with Google Chrome (1.0.154) as well.
Does not work with my IE7.
Works with my Opera 9.62.
Works great with Safari for Windows (3.2.2). It's much less choppy (buffering) for some reason. Works best so far for me.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
All well in Google Chrome 1.0.154.48
Great quality! Opera 9.63 and works good.
Doesn't work in my IE7 either.
I'm really not conerned about the application not working in IE7. I might look into it later though since I suspect it has to do with how the application is embedded.

Anyway, we're half way through the race now (20 laps to go) and so far everything has been working just dandy with 20-25 viewers using 75% of my (theoretical) upload bandwidth.

Please tune in[/url] and watch the last few laps of the race!

I greatly appreciate all your feedback!
Works perfect in Firefox 3. Great quality too!
Wow, really great quality. Working fine over here with Firefox/3.0.6.
Great quality! PM me!
Great quality for me! Hope you are well Fel
Great quality, good racing going on aswell =)
Works great here! Firefox 3.0.6
Firefox 3.0.6. No buffering at all. Works like a charm.
Works perfectly here on Opera 9.21

Much better than that mogulus thingy site.

Lol the stream is not dealyed at all it's even in front of lfsw lol.
The race is now over and the broadcast is offline. Thank you all for the overwhelming feedback!

A moderator may remove the [live]-tag from the topic.
The aforementioned broadcast is now available on the Torsdagsrace website.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me test the server.

Edit: Oh, race statistics can be found here.
Hello again,

After being on hold for several months the project is now back on track. In its current state the setup should in theory be able to broadcast a live video+audio webcast to 50-100 viewers (depending on video quality). It's also possible to broadcast the voices of one or several commentators, do intros, inbetweenos, outros, etc. I haven't really thought this through properly yet!

Naturally, I'd like to know in which areas the project needs improving, therefore I am looking for a handful of events to broadcast. So, of you are an adventurous league organizer willing to work with me on this. please send me a PM.

Project link: http://tv.liveforspeed.se
With my crap connection, it was very watchable... text was good too.....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG