The online racing simulator
Stars & Stripes Sim Racing
(438 posts, started )
SORRY, great job BDSHAN!! our bad, just when we thought nmanley was the most consistent of any driver in the event!! Will change that right now though
No problem. I know what I did and that is the important part. Besides, having been on the oval the Eagles before I was surprised to make the podium . You must have been too .
Announcement
"Land Of The Free"
[LOTF] MARSH
[LOTF] BDSHAN
[LOTF] Vette
[LOTF] nmanley
[LOTF] RaceFreek
[LOTF] torqueD
[LOTF] Tick
[LOTF] srdsprinter
[LOTF] Z51L9889
[LOTF] Funky
[LOTF] Eric62
[LOTF] Decklid

Welcoming our newest member...

[LOTF] Jethro

Welcome Jethro, to the "Land Of The Free" race team.
Presently we are practicing for a 3HR event at Westhill Int in the GTR's.
Join us on one of our servers this week if you can.
Look forward to seeing you on the track.

Stop by and register on our team forum.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/LO ... ng_Team/index.php?act=idx
Quote from rAcEr2418 :SORRY, great job BDSHAN!! our bad, just when we thought nmanley was the most consistent of any driver in the event!! Will change that right now though

HEY, I was the most consistent(ly) LUCKY!!!!

Welcome Jethro.
Oh no!! Jethro, what have you done!?! Congrats to jethro and LOTF for adding another fine guy to your ever growing team!! Good luck!!
Wewt! Thanks guys.

I have been looking for you guys (with no luck) for the past few days.

What times do you all typically race?

I'm online everyday about 3:30 PM PST till 6:00 or so.
Jethro!

I am on typically between 8:30PM-9:00PM until 11:00PM EST.

See you around.
Welcome Jethro, to the "Land Of The Free" race team. You know that you are the 13th member don't you " thats good luck right" ? LOL

RF
Greetings! I was looking at your site today. I would be interested in joining your team for some good clean racing. I have not spent alot of time online as the pickup races are to short. I would say my ability would be mid to back of the pack (hey You fast guys need someone to pass right?:shrug.

I tried the signup thing, but the hour glass after I hit submit would just turn and the page never updated. I use firefox for my web browser. I'll try again tonight with IE, and see if that works. I also signed up for the forums.
Quote from Leadtail :I use firefox for my web browser. I'll try again tonight with IE, and see if that works. I also signed up for the forums.

It is a known issue that your site is not Firefox friendly. IE or Firefox in IE mode should work just fine.

Glad you intersted in the team. Now I'll have someone to swap paint with after the others pass us .
Had some time to kill and did a skin for the new BR1. NOT FINALIZED

Looks good Nolan. Keeping killing that time.

Can you post your latest endurance set to the on-line folder? Chuck and I haven't found anything we are both comfortable with yet.
Thanks man.

Soon as I get home I'll upload it.
Hay Brian I thought we had a set that we could both drive . This may not be an issue when we get the new patch. I think we will be ok with what we got, we just have to be smooth and stay off the curbs/grass.

RF
Chuck I wasn't successful keeping "our" set on the track for more than a lap or two. Maybe I was pushing too hard, but I couldn't hit the corners right, and whenever I slowed down to hit the corners smoother I would end up off the track.

On a positive note using the nighthawk set that I sent I was able to lower my pb by a full second.

The patch most likey will cause us all to adjust or setups. Or it may make the setup we are using more friendly to me if it addresses the low speed grip problem.

I'll be back in the track again tonight to give it another go. I am just looking for alternatives that would make us both happy.
OK that is to funny I could not keep the NH setup on the track for a lap but dropped my PB by a 1/2 sec with the other one. today LOL. I will give it another shot later. I think that it because you like the setup soft and I like them stiffer, maybe we can find a middle somewhere.

RF
Lines into the corners will have the largest impact on how the setup handles. At least till the new update comes out.
RaceFreak and bdshan, hello , I am Nighthawk (you know that, bdshan). I'm not the maker of the set, BTW.

bdshan, I followed you quite a few times last night. Quite a few times you were slowing a good bit more than you need to around some of the turns. Ie, turn 3 (2nd left hander) you should be in 6th and just lift slightly for that one (you were tapping the brakes there). Also you drifted over to the inside real early going into the big chicane. I think I saw you with a touch of brake in the first turn as well which should be taken flat out floored in 6th. T2 I shift down to 5th with a touch of brake and let the car slide a bit there as well. The little chicane thing with the tire barrier, you have to really anticipate that one on the left hander into it and turn in earlier to get a good straight shot past the tires. I try to shoot straight through past the tires rather than cornering around that section.

Most of the turns at Westhill are blind or almost blind corners and you have to anticipate them more and turn in a bit earlier than you'd think to let the car slide just a bit through the apex (with that setup). I love Westhill, so, I'll probably look for you guys again if you're there tonight. I'm getting back after a 2 month break to get ready for the patch tomorrow.

disclaimer: I am by no means a fast lapper. I am so far from the WR, that WR drivers could stop and grab a drink and still beat me. But judging from having trouble driving behind bdshan last night and spinning out alot because he was SO SLOW, hehehe :haha: , perhaps I might be able to help out some, LOL. Just kidding there, bdshan, all in good fun .
Did you think that I might have been tapping the brakes to get you to back off a bit . Thanks for sharing the set, I keep deleting it by mistake when I ma cleaning up st that I won't ever use. I guess I have a poor naming convention.

Thanks for the advise, I'lll use it during my next practice run tonight. But I also need to find a set that both RaceFreek and I can drive in the 3hr endurance race we are in Sunday.
Quote from bdshan :Did you think that I might have been tapping the brakes to get you to back off a bit .

Yea, I thought of that, especially while I was in spectate mode ! Harharharhar.

Now that I got my "few months off" feet wet again, I hope to see you again there tonight as well as the others. It was fun, even though I had a bit of difficulty keeping the correct end of the car facing forwards.
Did a few more BR1 Pics. I just had too much spare time at work today.

Quote from mrodgers :
Now that I got my "few months off" feet wet again, I hope to see you again there tonight as well as the others. It was fun, even though I had a bit of difficulty keeping the correct end of the car facing forwards.

That was a good time last night. That setup dropped over a second off my PB! Look for us tonight, we plan to run a 1hr race, same track and cars.

May be on a diff server though... I'm anticipating a full 20 grid server for tonight.
Quote from MARSH2a :That was a good time last night. That setup dropped over a second off my PB! Look for us tonight, we plan to run a 1hr race, same track and cars.

May be on a diff server though... I'm anticipating a full 20 grid server for tonight.

Howz about putting it on our online folder. hint hint!

HEY BRIAN, I uploaded the set Z and I are still testing. It has "test" in the name.
Roger that!

Stars & Stripes Sim Racing
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG