The online racing simulator
PNY 9800GTX+ - Help!
(7 posts, started )
PNY 9800GTX+ - Help!
Has anyone used this card? The specific card is: PNY Geforce 9800GTX+ (XLR6 Edition?) or something like that. Everywhere is sayd that its a very good card for its price, well i hope so. But right now, my problem is the box ... yes. Im pretty sure that i would buy it, but the card what i found in our country online shop was with blue box (The original one is in black box with orange stripes or something). So, if anyone has this card. Did u have it in blue box?

When looking at the clocks, then theyr the same with the black boxxed one. I just wanna be sure that im goin for a right card. Thanks everybody!

Edit:
Youtube Review of this card
Google Seatch of this card
As long as the model and manufacturer is the same, it'll be the same cards. Sometimes different areas get differently designed boxes for various reasons.
Alright, btw i already found a new choice ... XFX 9800GTX+ XXX Edition ... A badass card
I chatted with few ppl and they told that this card is pointless for my resolution But i will ignore them cuz fps-win is at my side or something Idk
Quote from hazaky :Alright, btw i already found a new choice ... XFX 9800GTX+ XXX Edition ... A badass card
I chatted with few ppl and they told that this card is pointless for my resolution But i will ignore them cuz fps-win is at my side or something Idk

fps-win wont be by much at a to low resolution.. two cards competing in 1280x1024 and up,, there u´ll see the diff
Well regardless of resolution, if you want DirectX10 graphics with high frame rates, you'll still need the kind of power a GTX+ can deliver. Unless you plan to only "ever" play LFS, if so they they're kinda right, a little unecesary. But if that's the case, you can make LFS look pretty amazing! Also since you now own that card, I highly recommend getting, IMO a nice 20" LCD.
Quote from DHRammstein :Well regardless of resolution, if you want DirectX10 graphics with high frame rates, you'll still need the kind of power a GTX+ can deliver. Unless you plan to only "ever" play LFS, if so they they're kinda right, a little unecesary. But if that's the case, you can make LFS look pretty amazing! Also since you now own that card, I highly recommend getting, IMO a nice 20" LCD.

how many directx 10 games is there out there that can use a res lower then 800x600?

my 8800gt, performes REALLY well on dx10 games tbh.. not much diff between dx9 and 10 imho
I think you can run most games in resolutions below that, or at least at 800*600, but if you're running games in resolutions that low, I don't think your gonna need a very powerful video card, period. An 8800GT would be enough for any DX10 game, turning options on and off may not even change frame rates, your cpu may actually be your bottleneck at those resolutions.

I gotta ask, why such low resolutions? Do you have a really small monitor, or prefer small monitors or what?

Also, not all games make great use of DX10 yet, Crysis not even, but Stalker - Clear Sky is a good example, there are specifit DX10 options that can't be enabled unless you're running it in DX10 mode. Some really nice special effects, and shader effects.

PNY 9800GTX+ - Help!
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG