Road-sport Summer Cup.
(56 posts, started )

Poll : Oval, Yes or No

No
Yes
Road-sport Summer Cup.
Hi,

Server will be provided by 500servers

Sign-up will be open at least 2 weeks prior to first event.

League name:

Road-sport Summer Cup

Race time:

Thursday 19:30BST (GMT+1)

Qualifying:

Superpole system, 1 outlap, 1 flying lap

Car selection:

Raceabout

FZ50
TC is prohibited and will incur a penalty/disqualification if used

Calander (All TBC)

May 25th : Blackwood GP, 22 laps
June 8st : South City Long, 16 laps
June 22th : Fern Bay Gold, 20 laps
June 29th : Kyoto National, 15 laps
July 13th : Westhill International, 16 laps
July 27th : Aston National, 15 laps

All races can be ran without pits, fuel is fine, but you can pit if need be, tyres may be an issue to some, pit WILL NOT be forced.

1st : 22
2nd : 18
3rd : 16
4th : 13
5th : 12
6th : 11
7th : 10
8th : 9
9th : 8
10th : 7
11th : 6
12th : 5
13th : 4
14th : 3
15th : 2
16th : 1

There are also points awarded for Pole Position for Qualification and also for Fastest Lap in Each Race

Other rules will be pretty much the standard rules that are followed in all other organised leagues and event.

Basically it will be open to everyone and anyone on a first come first served basis, so if you are interested just post and if we can fill a server I will arrange one and we can get it going.

Dan,
What about
Kyoto Ring Oval -> KY Nat or Long, coz dunno if ballast will work
AS Nat -> AS North
?
Anything is possible, I really wanted to add an oval race if possible, because I believe, outside of F08 races, that it isnt hardly used, and I thought it would be fun to have an oval race in these cars.

The only reason I mentioned ballast is because the FZ50 can lap about 2 secs quicker, maybe by chucking a few passangers in the car this will even the field out.

As for AS Nat to North, again, its possible, trouble is, I have yet to drive AS north, and as it stands I think AS Nat is a great track.

Again, all open to suggestion.

Dan,
Maybe better to wait a few days what times FZ50 and RAC can do with new physics and then decide what tracks.. Or allow FZ50 or RAC only.
Yeah, I just wanted to gauge interest to start with, then we can finalize the calander if/when there is enough interest.

Dan,
#6 - Bean0
I'm certainly interested, these cars are great fun but hardly ever get raced.
Not sure about the oval, but willing to give it a whirl.

May I ask why no LX6, I thought it lapped in similar times to the RAC and FZ50.
LX6 added, the only reason I left it out was I didnt think it "fitted" with the RAC or FZ50, although its probably comparable on laptimes.

Ky oval will be changed if it proves unpopular.

Dan,
#8 - XRRoy
I'm interested too, just letting you know that. Dunno if i can do all the race but certenly the most or my work schedual has to change for some reason

if i was you is just try to run a public server with those cars on oval and wait for some people to join. Then have some test races, can be fun imo.
#9 - P1lot
I'm keen on racing the RAC.
Depending on if I can make the race nights, I'm interested.
Interested, I like the simple format.
#11 - bozo
Yes, I'm interested. Sounds like a good competition. Driving less familiar cars can even the field a little.

Bear in mind this is during the World Cup (15/6 - England v Trinidad), which may affect attendance.

It may be an idea to have a practice session a few days in advance of each race evening, to give those people who could make it a chance to get used to the car and to try different setups. I guess it would depend upon the availability of a server, and it might be too much of a commitment for those racing in other leagues / interested in football!

If you would like any organisational assistance, give me a shout.
I'm interested mate. Just need to get me broken arm fixed first and buy a new wheel :P
You have a VERY good point there, the footie is something I never even thought about, if its going to cause a problem we can change the dates, everything is fluid.

Yes Sinbad, I am trying to deliberatly keep things as simple as possible, no forced pit, no reverse grid for second race etc etc, just to keep the focus on the one single race in hand, keep it as pure as possible.

Thanks for the iunterest so far

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah, I'm interested too. Cant promise at the moment, but it sounds like fun.

And definitely try and keep the oval in, driving a car that actually requires braking and throttle control on the oval is actually a lot of fun.
Quote from colcob :Yeah, I'm interested too. Cant promise at the moment, but it sounds like fun.

And definitely try and keep the oval in, driving a car that actually requires braking and throttle control on the oval is actually a lot of fun.

Excellent, someone gets my point about the oval

Dan,
I would be interested, i think you should keep the oval.
Quote : Bear in mind this is during the World Cup (15/6 - England v Trinidad), which may affect attendance.

the game start at 17:00 BST so the game end a about 18:50 BST
i would like to take part too hope i get a faster connection till then :Q
#18 - Vain
I am interested, though you won't be able to get me on the oval. Not even with 3 GTRs pulling me.
But KY GP should be fun in the FZ5.

Vain
i'm intrested to, but also not for the oval race
Im interested but i 100% suck at those cars
#21 - JTbo
Sorry from OT, but this is what I first thought when I did read road sport:

For that, we just don't have proper cars, I think
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from JTbo :Sorry from OT, but this is what I first thought when I did read road sport:

For that, we just don't have proper cars, I think

we should have this in LFS, awsome cars
I am going to go ahead and organise this league, I have a 23 man server for the event, also 500servers have offered a 23 man server free for 2 months as a prize, I am trying to secure other prizes aswell, which may or may not happen, I am aiming to get sign-up open at least 2 weeks before the first event.

Any suggestions will be greatly recieved.

Please post on the first question, oval, yah or neigh.

I am also thinking of doing the superpole qualifying before the event, ideas?

Dan,
#24 - bozo
Glad you've got lots of interest for this Dan. It looks set to be quite a success.

If you're running the superpole qualifying before the event, it may be difficult to get everybody available for just one session. Could I suggest holding two sessions, say on the Tuesday and Wednesday before the race. Each driver would only be able to enter one qualifying session. That would go some way to getting most drivers to pre-qualify; others would start at the back of the grid in random order.

Alternatively, you could run the superpole straight after the race the previous week. That would spice up the grids a bit, but perhaps not meet your presumed objective of reducing the time required on the evening of the race.
I am happy enough to do the qualifying on the same day, my only fear was that superpole can take quite a while to complete, and sitting around waiting to qualify and then racing straight away might be a pain to some.

Its up to the majority really, before the event, during the event.

I even gave thought to a hotlap style qualifying where qualifying was done offline and setups sent in, rather like OLFSL.

Dan,

Road-sport Summer Cup.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG