The online racing simulator
Gimp(faster drawing skins)
Hello im not sure if it was here. I want to ask u. Im doing my skins in gimp but its hardly to do it with paint brush and just going arround that green surface at default skin. Its hard because its need like 12 hours of paiting to done that part of doing skin. Because that green surface isnt right and on lfsviewer i see many not painted surfaces. Can someone help me how to do it faster???? Is there something in gimp with what i can do it faster than paintbrush and what is more accuracy pls?
Quote from L@gger :Hello im not sure if it was here. I want to ask u. Im doing my skins in gimp but its hardly to do it with paint brush and just going arround that green surface at default skin. Its hard because its need like 12 hours of paiting to done that part of doing skin. Because that green surface isnt right and on lfsviewer i see many not painted surfaces. Can someone help me how to do it faster???? Is there something in gimp with what i can do it faster than paintbrush and what is more accuracy pls?

For which car are you making skin?
FBM its hard to do it because green surface iswnt accurate
What green surface?
#5 - Gunn
Perhaps he's using the map_info file that comes with the CMX viewer as a template to skin with?
Yea but how to do it faster with more accuracy?
Its openable just with photoshop but i made my own default and i understood its really sux... For the whole colored skin i havent 2 pixels between parts of car so i cant color those parts how i want. I think its made very bad and it needs more than 0.5-1 pix space between parts at 1024. Allways i see half pix
GIMP can open the .psd files from MSz... You may have an old version of GIMP, try upgrading to v2.6
fast skin filling on gimp:

select the layer you want, select the colour you want, select the bucket fill tool, click the area. repeat ad nauseum.

works better than playing with the paintbrush.

another tip, start with the 2048x2048 skin. then before you export it to jpeg, scale down to 1024x1024.

works okay for me...

cheers
i have ver 2.6 and its unable to open it. Can anyone help me?
can't open what, gimp? does it give an error box? i forget if the windows gimp needs gtk+ (some linux-apps-with-windows-versions need gtk+), did you install that too?
gimp works fine and is always worked fine for me
It works... just couldnt open it while it was ziped with gimp and i thought it would work. And im really exited from wireframe and all layers cant understand how it could be done ... but few layers are little out of line

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG