The online racing simulator
should i purchase?
(41 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ya let's tell people it's shit until they give us the damn patch! Hahahaha!

BLACKMAIL!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
Quote :@ Becky: FOX isn't really meant to be driven on gravel.. or have you seen formula cars with slicks on dirt IRL? illepall try RB4 and you'll love it

A few years back my brothers girlfriends uncle [former room mate! lol], Fionn Murray, was racing in Formula Renault (LFS' FOX) and he drove it on the gravel. He broke the front wing doing it.

For me there is no other car in LFS, road cars are for shopping and getting to work in.
LFS has the best multiplayer netcode I have ever seen .If you like realistic close racing with up to 19 other humans , loads of cars ,and plenty of tracks ,Buy it !

SD.
Quote from axus :It is also one of about two sims to simulate tyre deformation.

and which would be the second one ?

Quote from molocco :another reason: it is a very nice programmed piece of software and it stays it its folder where an application has to be and is not generating random folders, uninstall folders, hidden save game folders or something alike.
thats not very play related, but a thing to mention in times when game developers think they can do whatever they want on consumer pc´s..

not to forget the only copy protection it has is a very good working password/masterserver system (comparable to the license numbers most fps use)
so no starforce or securom that will install drivers ans whatnot on your system

Quote from Tukko :FOX isn't really meant to be driven on gravel.. or have you seen formula cars with slicks on dirt IRL? illepall try RB4 and you'll love it

just use slickmod so you can put hybrids on the fox

Quote from tristancliffe :POWER TO THE PEOPLE

lets all sit down in a circle and sing until they give us the patch ... show em whos boss
(considering how our singing would sound this might actually work)
I'm a very talented singer thank you.

If, by talented, you mean like a drowning cat thats been repeated strangled.
#31 - ste_
Quote from dreamcastninja :I am debating on purchasing live for speed tonight at midnight when I get paid. Please give me several reasons why I should purchase.

Please don't buy it, I don't want more ppl out there kicking my ass
Quote from Becky Rose :For me there is no other car in LFS, road cars are for shopping and getting to work in.

oh I see you're just biased.. we got rid of that "girls can't race" thought so why don't you try some real door-to-door racing with cars that even look like cars
#33 - SamH
Quote from SparkyDave :19

22, n'est pas?
I'm gonna get an S2 liscense eventually, I just dont know when. I prolly won't buy it until the summer. Hehe, if I do buy a liscense during the summer, maybe I'll have a liscense before the patch comes out!
-
(cannonfodder) DELETED by cannonfodder
i got some slotted rotors instead, i have a real car so gaming kind of takes back burner, especially since i dont hav emuch time. i do want lfs, but not now. first i want to get my real car right.
Quote from dreamcastninja :i got some slotted rotors instead, i have a real car so gaming kind of takes back burner, especially since i dont hav emuch time. i do want lfs, but not now. first i want to get my real car right.

Good choice.. I would wait until the patch comes out, read some un-biased reviews and/or read some un-biased forums and then make an informed decision. BTW, having a real car in no way replaces sim racing, so get that thought out of your head.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... es/aprilupdate/tires4.jpg
Gives me hope though^^^
my advice, dont buy it till the patch is out.
it does not replace sim racing, hence why i considered purchasing, but it does suck when my time and money are divided between getting my own race car in gear and getting my video game in gear, lol
Quote from silent_wind :my advice, dont buy it till the patch is out.

I don't get these advices What is the darn few days (or one patch) gonna matter with a game that is deleveloped for 8 years? You'd buy it anyway at some point.
If you like it now, buy it. LFS will only get better with updates, not worse. There is no point waiting for the patch because if you like it now you'll like it after the update too. It's not a complete makeover, just improvements on known issues.

As the community grows (with the introduction of the BMW Sauber F1 and other stuff) there will be more people to race with on a whole lot more content than the demo. The demo isn't really representative of the licensed side which has (pro) leagues, organised races, quality competition and very seldom does one come across drivers who intentionally wreck others.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOT THE LICENSE ALREADY??? GOGOGOGOOGO!!
I got LFS going again tonight and raced for quite a few hours... I had a blast actually.. and if the physics improvements do what I think they will do, it will be even more fun and realistic. There are other alternatives out there that might suit your tastes more, or maybe LFS would be the one you like the most.. What you should do is get them all (the current popular sims) and decide for yourself. They aren't that expensive, not compared with real cars..

should i purchase?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG