The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 4 style Photo mode
Hello all,

I think it would be quite cool to have a proper photo mode, similar to the one in Gran Turismo 4. Maybe there could be a special mode in Shift+U mode (like a 'switch to photo mode')

It would have to have the ability to change the aperture and shutter speeds etc.

This is the sort of thing i mean;

Your thoughts please?

Josh.
We already have a way of pausing the action to move the camera around, but everything else is a post-process effect, which uses effects not available on the version of Direct X that LFS runs on.

But Scawen has said it's a simulator, not a screenshot generator. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything like this being added in the future. Besides, there's plenty of graphic editing packages around that could do this for you anyway.
LFS isn't a screenshot generator ... that idea is a textbook screenshot generator
I agree that it isn't needed, especially as on the PC you can do much better things as you are not limited to LfS as software to make renders/screenshots.
Ok, i must admit i have seen some pretty impressive stuff done to the screen shots.

Thanks for your feedback.
Maybe when S3 comes out, if it uses some advanced DX9/(10 unlikely) stuff, as a final thing before the devs hang up thier keyboards, then it'd be nice. At the moment it's not needed.
#7 - senn
Photoshop + replay mode. It can be done, not as pretty as GT4, but thats hardly the point of a REAL simulator
http://i40.tinypic.com/fupf02.jpg

EDit - image changed to link, big file
I personally find the Shift-U "First-Person-Style controls" fantastic. I get on other games and I am constanty reminded how much freedom LFS has. I think it is good enough to get a "good shot". You can use the sliders OR mouse+KB functions to move about.
eg. "5" and "6" keys controls focal length or the slider works to.

Until LFS gets those bling effects, I use external propgrams to get special FX. I'd rather game improvements first to before better graphics. I think graphical improvements will come naturally as we progress through to S3.
#9 - senn
+1 JJ
the freedom LFS gives means you can edit better shots than what GT4 etc could ever give you
Quote from senn :Photoshop + replay mode. It can be done, not as pretty as GT4, but thats hardly the point of a REAL simulator

Can you please link to that image rather than using the image tags? It's stretching the forum even on 1920x1200.

Anyway, I don't see the point in having a 'photomode' and even if it were to be included there are a lot of things with higher priority
lfs has more freedom that the u.s.
Quote from chavm481 :lfs has more freedom that the u.s.

Period.

(I've been living in the US since september and played LFS since may 2007, so I know as well )
^lol...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG