The online racing simulator
iTCC Round 3 - Pre race discussion
Hi there!

The next round is at the (i think so) best known circuit in LFS: BLACKWOOD GP. I am sure everyone of us started his LFS career here

Here is the place you can discuss this round, keep it clean
#2 - Rikje
what times are you guys currently driving? Splits?
#3 - J@tko
High 23s and v high 52s/low 53s [or is it high 53s and low 54s ] then mid 13s for the lap. Will hopefully get close to the 12s before the race

Really looking forward to this - my tyres will last the race yay!
Quote from J@tko :High 23s and v high 52s/low 53s [or is it high 53s and low 54s ] then mid 13s for the lap. Will hopefully get close to the 12s before the race

Really looking forward to this - my tyres will last the race yay!

Good, you won't cause chaos with a blowout this time!

CTRA record replay for this track
Yea, this is gonna be an exciting race
1:13.2x so far - but my setup is too slow on the straight (231 km/h compared to the 238 km/h in the CTRA record).
Quote from Hypothraxer :1:13.2x so far - but my setup is too slow on the straight (231 km/h compared to the 238 km/h in the CTRA record).

It was wind btw, i am getting 1.12.5s (23.57, 52.49) with race set/fuel.
Got bored so started to do some hottlaping, did 2 laps on the fly best was 1.12.47 but if i combined all my best sectors (23.36, 28.88, 20.07) i could of done 1.12.27 but who care's.
Attached files
rc10racer_BL1_FXR_11247.spr - 134.7 KB - 200 views
I try to do some some practice even though obviously I never race - I can't even get close to that

I think we've managed to create a series that only serves to make me feel more hopeless at driving than I already felt.

Still, sounds like you'll be right at the front with pace like that
Damn, your 1st split is pretty sick rc10racer! Best I've done was 23.49 :-/
Quote from rc10racer :It was wind btw

That explains a lot

I did a 1:12.75 with 23.53, 52.52 splits - I guess that's not enough for the shootout.
Almost into the 11s, 1:12.01! I didn't realise how much gearing could affect the balance of the car.
1:14.11 with 30 kg ballast, I'm sure I can find another two seconds on that main straight, but I'm too scared to change downforce values (grip is a big issue for me).
i'm using 13/1 wings if that helps
Quote from travyd :i'm using 13/1 wings if that helps

I did a bit of testing, and for me, I ran at 12/1 wings, but then decided I was stopping LFS for the day, . Doesnt really matter though cos i'm not even competing
without ballast, 1:12.86 on the first run. Setup needs dem tweeks. 23,74 and 52.53 splits, judging by the splits posted here, lost 0,3 s due to understeer
Binned my old setup and started again.

Got a 1.12.71 [23.6;53.7]

I hope to get a low 1.12 by quali. At least I havn't got to go through the shootouts

And ma race set is nice too - get low 1.13s

As always, looking forward to race day!
Unfortunatly I cant make this race. I will be working. Sorry.
Quote from scotty2888 :Unfortunatly I cant make this race. I will be working. Sorry.

Thank you for letting us know.
See you at round 4
#21 - CSF
Not sure if I will make it or not.. Will be quite tight getting back for Reserve shootout as I am away all weekend 2hours from my house, and I am not leaving for home until 2-2.30 pm so... hmmm not sure. Hope to make it...
Using 95% FWD drive helped a lot with my consistency, but now I can barely hit 1:14.
Right... I found the car to handle quite well with 37%
Quote from scotty2888 :Unfortunatly I cant make this race. I will be working. Sorry.

Also :weeping:
I have some job and I will not get to race (shootout), sorry

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG