The online racing simulator
#1 - Rob76
LFS desktop 'Compact Windows' setting with Firefox
Does anyone else have the problem where you have to uncheck 'compact windows' each time you visit or refresh LFSworld.net.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.6

It's a pain as I hate the compact windows setting, which minimises every LFS desktop window unless you move the mouse over it. A really annoying setting for it to default to every time.It also doesn't save my time zone after I set it, although that's less annoying.
I've got no problems here

Maybe it's something with your cookies? But then again, such things should be stored in the database anyways, so I dunno...
Quote from Rob76 :Does anyone else have the problem where you have to uncheck 'compact windows' each time you visit or refresh LFSworld.net.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.6

It's a pain as I hate the compact windows setting, which minimises every LFS desktop window unless you move the mouse over it. A really annoying setting for it to default to every time.It also doesn't save my time zone after I set it, although that's less annoying.

I had the same problem the first week or two, but then it went away. I think Vic fixed it, but maybe you need to delete your cookies for it to work right
hmm well those options are stored in both a cookie and db.
The initial decision whether to use compact mode (when you load the page) is decided from the cookie. So, if you change the option, but it doesn't save when you reload the page, my guess atm is that setting the new cookie when you saved your options fails. So, it might indeed be an idea to just wipe your lfsworld cookies and start fresh. Or just logout and in seeing what'll happen.
#5 - Rob76
I've cleared the LFSworld cookies I could see:

Rob76LFSDPC
lfsd
buddies

but it didn't help. Just in case I'd missed some, I cleared all cookies but it still forgets the compact windows setting and the time zone.

It does store my background image though so that must be a db setting??
found a bug - fixed it, so should be good now.
#7 - Rob76
All is good. Thanks for the great response

LFS desktop 'Compact Windows' setting with Firefox
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG