The online racing simulator
Where are servers ???
(60 posts, started )
Where are servers ???
Hi,

i just have a question.
Maybe there is some thread about it but...

Where are servers ???

I ve stopped for 1 year and all i can see is demo's servers with Blackwood track.

Tonight, even CTRA servers are not online.

Whats happening?

PS : ive installed patch Z10, dunno if it have consequence
#2 - th84
Long time, Lake. Welcome back.

Maybe some of your server filters are checked?

CTRA is down until further notice AFAIK.
Quote from th84 :Long time, Lake. Welcome back.

Maybe some of your server filters are checked?

CTRA is down until further notice AFAIK.

Thanks

But when i refresh all servers with all cars , most of them are Blackwood tracks.

There is only 57 servers online at this time....
#4 - th84
Yea, Im only seeing 64 and most of those are blackwood. I guess it's just a slow night.
Quote from th84 :Yea, Im only seeing 64 and most of those are blackwood. I guess it's just a slow night.

Well, its couple of days that most of servers are Blackwood.

One year ago there was plenty of different servers.

Thats why i was a bit surprised.
It's funny how you guys complain over that. When us Aussies get home from work/school, we're lucky to see 20 servers with no more than 2 or 3 people in them each (except for the odd almost full drift server )
So we have to wake up at like, 5am to get decent racing, or not sleep til way after midnight
#7 - DeKo
what we need is a demo filter, the server list is completely cluttered with demo hosts that most people have no intentions of joining.
Quote from [DUcK] :So we have to wake up at like, 5am to get decent racing, or not sleep til way after midnight

I only ever really have the time to race when wife and kids are in bed, so usually it's between midnight and 5am (CET) - I guess I may as well live in Australia

aceracer
I promess that one year ago, the re was lot of different servers.
If i dont count demo servers, yesterday, there was about 20 licensed servers.

It's a bit weird compare few months ago.

Is server500 still there ?

Or maybe really less drivers than before...
Poor you, when I log on there is allways 100+ servers, and that was tested two days ago

Edit : Tell us what you like to rave, track/car, mayber we can suggest some servers for ya
Quote from DeKo :what we need is a demo filter, the server list is completely cluttered with demo hosts that most people have no intentions of joining.

I use the LFSWorld server browser nowadays, you can untick the demo box, and sort by server population
Quote from Bean0 :I use the LFSWorld server browser nowadays, you can untick the demo box, and sort by server population

I was about to start wondering... of course we can filter demo/s1/s2 servers.
What´s his problem?

And btw, I already had some excellent racing on demo servers.
Very rare - but it happens.
CTRA is down aw no
Quote from lake10 :If i dont count demo servers, yesterday, there was about 20 licensed servers.

There are definately more than 20 servers. Maybe you had a car filter on. Check if none of the car names at the top of the server list are red or blue.
Quote from madmat28 :I was about to start wondering... of course we can filter demo/s1/s2 servers.
What´s his problem?

And btw, I already had some excellent racing on demo servers.
Very rare - but it happens.

I used to race on the demo servers a fair bit.
You were guaranteed to find a decent race in the XRT until it was removed
Quote from zeugnimod :There are definately more than 20 servers. Maybe you had a car filter on. Check if none of the car names at the top of the server list are red or blue.

For the moment i restart LFS and with a new wheel (G25).
So, im looking for some XFG tracks and honestly except Blackwood and CTRA 1, i cant see many choice.

Im really thinking to get a new SCCC server.

I have fun on some Demo's server but Blackwood is on naturally on most of them.
Where are SO tracks, AS tracks, etc....
Quote from Bean0 :I used to race on the demo servers a fair bit.
You were guaranteed to find a decent race in the XRT until it was removed

Yes, a lot of demo servers are underrated. But I don't race on them so much because I'm really fed up with that bloody Blackwood for the momment.
Quote from lake10 :So, im looking for some XFG tracks and honestly except Blackwood and CTRA 1, i cant see many choice.

That's true there aren't many XFG servers, most people drive the faster cars.
Same here. I played 99% of the time XFG or XRG on Race 1 but now there is nothing but BL1... and I'm not interested in GTR and Formula cars as I just bought a G25 and want to use the H-Shifter. If there is a server with a fine set, it's a drift server. So please, please make an XFG/XRG (or even RB4/FXO/XRT) server for those who want some fine races with slower cars! I'd host one myself but I couldn't leave my comp all day long for a dedicated server and I'm pretty much an occasional driver.
I've set one of the ATC servers (ATC 60 Lap GP) to the XFG and XRG at Aston Club (as2).

If you'd like another track then let me know, just some where to race for a bit.
Quote from zeugnimod :That's true there aren't many XFG servers, most pickup racers drive the GTR cars.

I corrected this for you. TBO and FZ5 are drifters' stuff, the LXs and RAC are no man's land.

Well I can only hope something comes in to fill the big gaping hole CTRA has left behind. Race 1 was one of the top three servers in LFS, after all.

It's unbelievable that the most popular cars in the whole game can only be driven online on BL1. Or an empty server.
Quote from NightShift :I corrected this for you. TBO and FZ5 are drifters' stuff, the LXs and RAC are no man's land.

TBO drifters stuff, LX no man's land?
I'm not taking into account league racing.

The lack of LRF servers is a well known issue which often resurfaces on the boards.
Yes, and it sucks (the lack).
Well isn't it amazing that now the second most popular car in LFS has no more licensed servers than the 4 least used cars ?

Though I wonder how the FOX still is the most popular: I'm not much into single seaters but basically I've never noticed a FOX server in the top spots

Where are servers ???
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG