The online racing simulator
OMG thread
(59 posts, started )
OMG thread
ever had an OMG moment? talk about it here!

my OMG moment was actually last night, a storm spawned like 2 twisters and killed fifteen people. the weatherman said my area was in the caution zone!
My worst one was in my old fiesta and cheap lowering springs....

I picked up a set of 40mm springs for the fiesta i had a few years back from a carboot sale for £10. Car looked good and handled good, until a rear one decided to break while going round a gentle bend, which resulted in my car pointing itself towards the big ditch on the left hand side of the road, which i avioded.

But it gets better...

After i attempted, and failed to correct the sudden slide i spotted that there was a big van coming the other way, and due to my upmost desire not to go into a ditch at 60+mph, i was now pointing directly at said van which was no more than 10 to 15 feet away and i was bracing myself for a stiff head on, It was brown trousers time!

I dont exactly know how the following happened, but i remember applying some serious right hand lock and somehow firing myself towards the passenger front corner of the van to lessen the blow to both drivers, but god knows how, i missed the van with millimetres to spare, mounted the right hand verge and passed the van and continued along the raised verge, sledge style and totally out of control, for about 100 yards whilst spinning and damn near pushing the brake pedal through the floor until i bounced off a small fence and came to rest in the middle of the road, and just sitting there quietly.

I needed a moment to decide if what had just happened was real, or if i had in fact been killed and this appearance of being sat in the road without a scratch was just pure fiction as i seriously didnt know for a few seconds.

The angry van driver banging on my window and asking what the f--k i was playing at swerving at him made me realise that i was alive and well. Not an experiance i would recommend as for a few seconds, i thought my number was up!
#4 - 5haz
My external Hard Disk just blew up, with 12gb of music and loads of game saves I've had for years on it.

Luckily, I realised I had them all backed up elsewhere!
i slid on silid ice on my street (busy) and was driving at a 40* angle down the street
if i straightened out, i'd go to a 2M deep ditch...
Quote from matseracer :ever had an OMG moment? talk about it here!

my OMG moment was actually last night, a storm spawned like 2 twisters and killed fifteen people. the weatherman said my area was in the caution zone!

i saw that on tv
my omg moment was when they said a tornado hit just north of me.
my dad had a omg moment at work this week, a big boulder fell on his work truck and crushed the back of it wile he was in the cab driving it up a hill to go fix somthing at the coal mine he works at. the motor even shut off he said, he estimated about 10-12,000$ of damage
Quote from BarryPaxton :my dad had a omg moment at work this week, a big boulder fell on his work truck and crushed the back of it wile he was in the cab driving it up a hill to go fix somthing at the coal mine he works at. the motor even shut off he said, he estimated about 10-12,000$ of damage

ouch
Quote from mutt107 :ouch

im just glad he's alright, idk what i would do without my dad since i can't count on my mom.
Quote from BarryPaxton :im just glad he's alright, idk what i would do without my dad since i can't count on my mom.

whats wrong with your mom?
Sitting in the passenger seat of a van while it rolled sideways down a mountain. Ended up in the drivers seat, the driver was in the back somewhere! Weren't wearing seatbelts, we should've been.

The other five people in the van at the time got totally covered in pizza and beer.
lol
more like huh?!?!?
omg when i was 13 i was driving a gemini at 150kph on a dirt road and roled the car 12 times broke 2 ribs and my color bone and ended up walking 15ks home with the other 3 people in the car. i was in the worst shape cause i didnt wear a seat belt
Quote from mutt107 :whats wrong with your mom?

she left us along time ago, haven't talked to her in a few years so i don't even care about her anymore
Please dont frag personal life on this forum, people will use it and post rude remarks
Glad your father is ok, sounded like a hell of a ride.

MY omg moment probally were when I almost drowned as kid. Was out playing on the beach, suddently I could not feel the bottom and started to stress since I could not svim. The feeling of just sinking was horrible and a truelly OMG moment. Luckyl there was this guy that saw it and pushed me in longer on the beach so I could go up to land.

Worst experience ever.
my OMG moment was 2 days ago, seeing a wrecked light blue Ferrari 360. The sorta kind you see on wreckedexotics.com.
OMG can be a happy thread?

I was driving around an industrial site and decided I would give drifting a go (this was my first time) I didnt think I was able too do it but before I knew it I was clutch kicking around every corner after about 10mins sliding around these corners This guy turned up in a S14 and I drifted a long side around this huge corner It was fking epic Most fun Id had up till then

After that well? :P
had a few, one of the worst was me driving in our old Golf 3 SDI with a friend, on our way to school (in another town). The road turned left out of a small town with huge banks on both side so that one can not really see what comes next. As soon as we drove around that corner I see myself faced with a car trying to overtake a lorry, on my lane (normal countryroad). Stamped on the brake and steered the car as far right as possible, clipped on of these small posts, the lorry did the same and the overtaker shot through, no contact at all, but tight as hell .
#20 - T.J.
I had a OMG moment when I saw this thread...
Quote from T.J. :I had a OMG moment when I saw this thread...

I had a omg moment when i saw your useleess post!
My first ‘OMG’ moment was when playing hide ’n seek when I was about 10 in the local park, close to the river. Of course as usual, when the seeker starts to count.....everyone started to bomb around looking for place to hide. I went over near the bank and thought a full action jump over the bank was not only demanded, but ruddy cool too.

Anyway as I took my leap of faith, I failed to take into account how close the rivers edge was to the bank and in fact I was heading towards certain soggy feet territory unless I grabbed onto the branch over hanging the river. I managed to grab a hold of said branch and was left hanging around, pondering my next move. It doesn’t sound much but at 10, the adrenaline was most definitely pumping through the veins.

Most recent ‘OMG’ moment was when playing Americian Football for the first time and being hit while attempting a single handed catch and still holding on to it despite being rotated the full 360.
Was around 9-10 when I went for some rafting in rapids...All was well when we stopped for 1 hour at a calmer spot to eat and rehydrate, and the kids decided to go swimming with our little water toys. I had a small bucket...
When I went around 10 meters of the beach, the current started sucking me in like crazy towards the rapids! I these 10 seconds that I struggled to get back to no avail, it was really an Omfg moment, till I figured out I had to empty the bucket and hold it over my head because it was acting like a sail with the water!

Edit: Yep, I definitely sound like a pussy, but you WEREN'T there mkay?!
"Omg I've just eaten this meal and I've genuinly left my wallet at home!"

My OMg moment was actualy a positive one.

In 2005 i was talking with dad about wanting to go see a real race with my own yes instead of behind a telly.

Then my dad sends a e-mail to rubens barichello when he was stil in ferrarie.

Then on my bdad y het a letter from him that i have beighn invited to the ferrarie pitbox In Spa Francorchamp :wow: I instaindly said OMG!!!.
And it was awsome the sheir sound and the experience.
I was just so suprised he even replied but for him to invite me to the ferraie box for the entire weekend was the biggest OMG ever for me

OMG thread
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG