The online racing simulator
Well, the devs "promised" that it will be under minute. So if I ever drive a lap that's above the 1 minute mark, I want refund.

It will be interesting to see if it really is F1 car with all the stuff it should have or is it just a grippy F08 with some extra power. (I just keep my expactations low )
Quote from e-dwarf :My penus, in your butte... lolz

Swedish humour.... not convincing. :|
Quote from Bob Smith :Swedish humour.... not convincing. :|

Sorry wont happen again *searches after tristan*
#29 - SamH
Quote from Hyperactive :It will be interesting to see if it really is F1 car with all the stuff it should have or is it just a grippy F08 with some extra power.

Historically, one thing the devs have never done as far as I can tell is OVER-sell anything. If they're saying an F1 is coming to LFS, you can betcha ass it's gonna be just exactly that.

Quote from Hyperactive :(I just keep my expactations low

I do the same. The less you expect, the nicer the event. I'm allowing myself to expect that things will feel differently at lower speeds. Everything else, including the F1, will be a virtual surprise for me even though I know about it already
#30 - DeeS
i say a bit faster then the FO8
maybe 90 or 95 and thats with a fast driver in it.
#32 - wE1l
I feel quite sure that it will be within 18 seconds at split1, so here it goes

split1---17.46
split2---20.30
split3---15.01

lap time---52.77
about a minute ish.........maybe......... and the f08 is quite fast......gets a lovely top speed down bl1 back straight
#34 - axus
Quote from rich uk :about a minute ish.........maybe......... and the f08 is quite fast......gets a lovely top speed down bl1 back straight

I think that 300 extra horse power will do a lot more than that.
Keep in mind the F08 times may also change with the tire physics update, which makes it even harder to guess. That said, my guess is 1.52
Quote from travbrad :Keep in mind the F08 times may also change with the tire physics update, which makes it even harder to guess. That said, my guess is 1.52

Really? UF1 is faster.
It's not just 800hp that'll make this years smaller engined F1's quick, but phenomenal aerodynamic grip and amazing mechanical grip in addition to blistering braking performance. Just look at the extreme camber being run on this years F1 cars to understand just how quickly they go round bends.

The problem we have with a comparison is that previous LFS times will also be out of the window because of changes to the physics system, at Blackwood in particular this could give us a lot more confidence to attack turn 1 properly instead of pussy footing around it.

The WR at Blackwood for an FV8 is just over 1 minute, I think it will come down to 58 seconds.

I estimate 50 seconds will be typical of a regular player using the Sauber BMW, and the wr time will be around 47-48 seconds.
Quote from axus :I think that 300 extra horse power will do a lot more than that.

Remember speed doubles as engine power is squared so it really won't be that big a difference. However, the F1 car will have better downforce allowing faster cornering speeds. It's fancy diff and 'box will also help in boosting cornering speeds and power response.
#40 - JJ72
54, an F1 shouldn't be that much faster than a F3000.
#42 - Jakg
#43 - ste_
Quote from SamH :It's been said before, but I think corners should have names.

Turn 1 on _all_ tracks is called "n00bs' corner"
i guess it will get very close to 40's

50.2 maybe, remember the fo8 wont get the speed it did in curent version with the high nose bug fixed.

btw, with a decent downforce run on the f1, what speed would it do at the end of the bl straight?

my guess around 295-305. (remember u need even more df then u did on the fo8 to keep the nose pointing in the right direction ) with very low df setings it should be able to do 320.

oh and. f1's have a 7 speed gearbox as well. that will be weird at first

ts-jojo
It's quite hard to say with all the tyre and aero changes, they could make all the cars faster or slower. In relation to the F3000 though, i'd say around 6-7 seconds quicker.
#46 - wE1l
Quote from Jakg :53.525

Unfortunately, we don't have a timing system that advance.
#47 - wE1l
Quote from ste_ :Turn 1 on _all_ tracks is called "n00bs' corner"

Or "Crasholic's Club".
I guess something slighty under 50s for WRs.....
0:48.750
hehe
Guys,

End of speculation.I know simple answer.

I will be holding WR forever

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG