The online racing simulator
what does this mean
(15 posts, started )
what does this mean
BMW Sauber F1 in the Upcoming LFS S2 Patch [17-04-2006 | JZ | Comments (6) ]
The big surprise seems unveiled now, the upcoming patch will contain a BMW Sauber F1 car! Check out the render in our screenshots gallery.

After Sony bought the F1 license for many years, we haven´t seen any PC simulation containing F1 cars. So this is big news for all F1 fans out there, having F1 back on PC platform and then even in the best driving simulation that exists!
Isn't the F1 license that Sony bought from FIA? Because this license isn't the same thing I think, it's directly with BMW Sauber rather than FIA.

All the same, it's gonna be good =D
The FIA own F1, The BMW guys own that car, and thus the right to sell it's likeness.
So in theory if, say, one were able to get twelve individual car licences and eighteen individual track licences, you could tell Bernie where to shove it...
Quote from STROBE :So in theory if, say, one were able to get twelve individual car licences and eighteen individual track licences, you could tell Bernie where to shove it...

That's right . But you can't call it Formula 1.
#6 - cwmax
Quote from f1simfam :BMW Sauber F1 in the Upcoming LFS S2 Patch [17-04-2006 | JZ | Comments (6) ]
The big surprise seems unveiled now, the upcoming patch will contain a BMW Sauber F1 car! Check out the render in our screenshots gallery.

After Sony bought the F1 license for many years, we haven´t seen any PC simulation containing F1 cars. So this is big news for all F1 fans out there, having F1 back on PC platform and then even in the best driving simulation that exists!

Has to be Quote of the day by the final comment...

scuderia_alan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 18:22 Reply to topicReply with quote
Well if there was any doubt, it's been confirmed now by the release of the new car viewer which includes a Sauber plus their two liveries. All hell has broken loose in a tiny corner of the internet tonight.
All hell has broken loose in my pants !
-
(spookthehamster) DELETED by spookthehamster
Ah yes those unofficial F1 games ... I have many happy memories of beating guys like this:

Michael Shoemaker
Jacques Newhouse
Damon Pill
Ayrton Stenna
Quote from Becky Rose :
Michael Shoemaker

isn't that the official name for all non-german speaking people?
Quote from Becky Rose :Ah yes those unofficial F1 games ... I have many happy memories of beating guys like this:

Michael Shoemaker
Jacques Newhouse
Damon Pill
Ayrton Stenna

Gloria Slap from Revs was always my favourite
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
hehe
would be really interesting to know, how it is possible to get the BMW F1 into
LFS...
Quote from CrazyICE :would be really interesting to know, how it is possible to get the BMW F1 into LFS...

It involves a complicated process of wringing, rubbing, bending and reshaping carbon fibre parts.. Oh, and a fair amount of lubrication!
Quote from atledreier :It involves a complicated process of wringing, rubbing, bending and reshaping carbon fibre parts.. Oh, and a fair amount of lubrication!

The second genuinely funny joke of the day, and from these forums!
Thanks, Bob!

Have you heard the one about the ... Nah, I won't go there..

So back on topic; Getting a BMW Sauber into the game involve a lot of politics, licensing, dry lawyer's talk and I presume a good deal of brown-nosing by someone. Not quite sure who, though. Maybe Mario himself had to kiss some booty to get his car in LFS? Now there's a though...

what does this mean
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG