The online racing simulator
opinion about improvements...
Hey there,

I think it's about time to tell you my opinion about what so many people want to have in lfs.
Maybe this is a thread especially for the "new lfs enthusiast" who might have played nfs or other games and wants to have an acura or integra or some other fancy things.

First of all; did you ever try to read a thread about what other people want? Every single day there are posts about

new cars (mostly ricers, some open wheelers and last but not least lawnmowers, bmx bikes and others)

new tracks (Nordschleife, LeMans, Isle of Man...)

Mods (wings, NOS, bodykits homebuilt car models, sounds etc etc)

If you want to post something like this, then be sure that nothing of these will be implemented in lfs just because you (or you and 50 others) want it.

There will be no money spent for licenses on ricers or tracks, it will stay a racing game and not a style contest. Therefor you may alter the suspensions but you will never have the chance to "upgrade to lvl 4 NOS" or stuff like this. It would make races boring.
So pleeeeeeeeeeeeez first read other posts and don't be the 1821341st who wants to have his NOS impreza EVO MXVCIII in the game!
amen
Quote from der butz :Hey there,

I think it's about time to tell you my opinion about what so many people want to have in lfs.
Maybe this is a thread especially for the "new lfs enthusiast" who might have played nfs or other games and wants to have an acura or integra or some other fancy things.

First of all; did you ever try to read a thread about what other people want? Every single day there are posts about

new cars (mostly ricers, some open wheelers and last but not least lawnmowers, bmx bikes and others)

new tracks (Nordschleife, LeMans, Isle of Man...)

Mods (wings, NOS, bodykits homebuilt car models, sounds etc etc)

If you want to post something like this, then be sure that nothing of these will be implemented in lfs just because you (or you and 50 others) want it.

There will be no money spent for licenses on ricers or tracks, it will stay a racing game and not a style contest. Therefor you may alter the suspensions but you will never have the chance to "upgrade to lvl 4 NOS" or stuff like this. It would make races boring.
So pleeeeeeeeeeeeez first read other posts and don't be the 1821341st who wants to have his NOS impreza EVO MXVCIII in the game!

OMG theres another member of the developers. If not then you cannot predict what will be implemented in the future. Let the decisions of what is added to LFS to the devs.
Quote from steve30x :OMG theres another member of the developers. If not then you cannot predict what will be implemented in the future. Let the decisions of what is added to LFS to the devs.

We all have to let them do what they think is good. But I think there are too many people who want all the same stuff which is IMO killing the game and/or wasted time. How many times did you read something about RL cars, moddability, RL tracks and stuff? And still we have no ricer, no Nos, no cars built by the communityno Nos, no bodykits, no Nos. So why the hell do some people start new threats about all this stuff? They do not search for anything, they just start the whole thing new, every day. That's annoying.

I also didn't say that every proposal is crap, many of them would be really interesting features once they were programmed !! I just can't see those standard stupid "I WANT XXXXX" -topics, that's all.

greetz

butz
#5 - Lible
Did you know there is also a sticky about this... ?

You should do what you are talking about.
there should b a 1600x1200 sign before the improvements log saying "FREAKIN READ THIS FIRST"! I searched the forum many times for stuff I would like to be improved in the game, usually I only start a new threat when I am sure that it is a)neccessary and b)something I really want to say because IMO it HAS to be said. But if some demo noobs see this forum for the first time and think they have to post that they want this and that, this really IS annoying, don't you think??
If there is any forum in the world where it is sensible and prudent to repeat a request to the devs rather than search it is this one.

Think about it: How do the devs calculate demand / customer satisfaction for an item if we only ever have one post about it?

It's the noobs repeating the same questions which give the devs the biggest indication as to what is really wrong with the game,

Can we have go karts (TKM + Pro) and an indoor / outdoor track configuration please?

and tells them what will give their fee paying customers the most satisfaction and thus help keep them as a customer for the S3 patch.

A forum isn't just a reserve of information, in some cases ... like this ... it's a reserve of opinion.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Usually in those threads any people who agree/disagree with the suggestion will post a follow-up, so the most popular ideas tend to hang around the front pages longer. If those threads later got bumped because someone searched and found the feature they were going to suggest then I think that would be better than having multiple threads about it.

Ah, now we have one nice controversial conversation here
[moral mode]
I agree with thisnameistaken, If one would simply search for a topic, e.g. "cars we want..." and would post his/her deserved car then we all would have ONE list of cars people like. This would even be more helpful for the devs than a hord of uncivilised people storming the forum screaming around "I WANT MY NFS SUPRA BODYKIT IN LFS!"
And if there was one thread about wanted cars (don't get me wrong because of my bad english, this thread exists, but there are 121348 extra ones) I would look into it sometimes and smile, some car wishes are too funny. but as there are dozens of new threads every week, so I get FREAKIN P***ED, UNDERSTAND?! naa, just kidding. But it makes me think about how civilised the community is and how uncivilised some people are.

[/moral mode]

Edit: @Becky: Yes, you're right too! This forum IS also some kind of feedback newsletter for the devs! And it should stay like this. But I think we should get a little tidier around here, more structured. That's all

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG