The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :I hail from the drunken haze that is Brookes, not a true Oxfordian

If you're on ice and having difficultly braking cadence braking isn't going to help you stop, finding a patch of snow or tarmac is your only real hope, just getting out of the worn tracks and locking up on slush will be better than sitting on ice.

I thought cadence braking was a rally > road technique for braking on ice?
Quote from ajp71 :I hail from the drunken haze that is Brookes, not a true Oxfordian

ahh! I'm at Cheney school which is right next door not at the moment obviously as it's closed now
More snow here today, I'm really getting tired of it.

go away
Chernobyl.
Quote from BlueFlame :Chernobyl.

What? are they giving us trouble again? I was wondering why the snow was glowing blue and giving off heat.
Quote from 5haz :What? are they giving us trouble again? I was wondering why the snow was glowing blue and giving off heat.

I thought it was supposed to be global warming though. If so, what's with all the snow? Obviously that's not taking into account the REAL matter. (Iron particles released from ice when it's melted which some seaweed thrives off therefore ingesting all our CO2.)
50 F this weekend for me! Yippee! It was -4 F yesterday, 10 F today, and suppose to be 50F tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully that will be enough to reduce the snow down by half. I'm tired of having to step up to get out of my little station wagon when I get home.

6 inches of ice in the driveway bordered by 3 feet of shovelled snow and about 15 inches of icy snow in the yard. Half of that will probably disappear this weekend.
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought it was supposed to be global warming though. If so, what's with all the snow? Obviously that's not taking into account the REAL matter. (Iron particles released from ice when it's melted which some seaweed thrives off therefore ingesting all our CO2.)

Climate Change, NOT global warming, the media makes it sound like the whole planet is going to become an arid desert and that we're all going to burn, when many areas will probrably end up being wetter and cooler (the UK for example).

The climate will change, it always has been changing, just it probrably wont all change the same way all over the world.
Quote from 5haz :Climate Change, NOT global warming, the media makes it sound like the whole planet is going to become an arid desert and that we're all going to burn, when many areas will probrably end up being wetter and cooler (the UK for example).

The climate will change, it always has been changing, just it probrably wont all change the same way all over the world.

Climate Change is just an alternate word for FAILURE. Change the name so they can still fool the punters in to giving the companies which abuse the coined term, money.
Quote from BlueFlame :Climate Change is just an alternate word for FAILURE. Change the name so they can still fool the punters in to giving the companies which abuse the coined term, money.

Oh yeah of course the whole thing is being conveniently used to make money, but then what isn't, this is capitalism, gotta make a living somehow.

Why do I always end up going OT?
Quote from 5haz :Oh yeah of course the whole thing is being conveniently used to make money, but then what isn't, this is capitalism, gotta make a living somehow.

Why do I always end up going OT?

As I said... Chernobyl.
It snows like hell here in Norway! About 50cm this afternoon and it is supposed to be snowing like this all weekend -.-
So over here in Canada, land of the arctic... I have... 6°C and some sunshine.

Went into town this morning...no choice, I ran out of ciggies!! (My village is so small, it's not even got a shop or a pub or anything!!)...
Driveway was 4-6 inches of virgin snow, road out of village had seen maybe 4 or 5 cars all morning.
What is all the fuss about? got into town with no probs, parked in Tescos car park...did shopping, came home. Didn't spin wheels or slide once... car was always pointing in the right direction...yet there were tw@ts who were sliding all over the place!

Obviously Emmy was overjoyed when the school announced that it was closed again today, so she has been out playing at snow-wars all day with her mates and the dog.

Some piccies for your entertainment:
Attached images
P050209_07.31.JPG
P050209_07.32.JPG
P050209_07.54.JPG
P050209_07.55.JPG
P050209_07.56.JPG
P050209_14.07.JPG
What an epic journey... just took me 2hrs 30mins to drive home from uni when it usually only takes 40mins. Started snowing hard at lunch time so made a runner in the hope to avoid the chaos... which didn't work.

Snow seems to turn our poor drivers into complete retards! The amount of people braking hard and sliding all over the shop was silly, also the ones not bothering to indicate was incredible. Nearly got wiped out by a lorry as I was crawling up the hill, he was completely out of control with a massive caterpillar digger thing on his trailer.

Then to top it off nearly every time I started making some progress we'd reach some fool who couldn't drive to save their life. 4 cars were all over the shop trying to climb a hill. One woman had her foot hard to the floor and basically ended up blocking the traffic going down the hill cause she ended up sliding 90 degrees back down the hill. Then once she got out the way a lorry not wanting to stop decided he'd drive on our side of the road forcing us to try and reverse up the hill. At the same area some guy going down the hill must have been nipping on as he left massive lines of tyre marks in the snow before eventually hitting the verge and getting stuck in the deep stuff.

In total I saw 7 cars off the road all of which just looked like complete and utter failure of the person driving.

Heard on the radio that they are expecting temperatures to drop down to -6 during the night! Gonna be mad if the slush on the road freezes!
Attached images
DSC00538.jpg
DSC00545.jpg
DSC00547.jpg
DSC00549.jpg
At this time it should be comnpletely dark where I live, but the city lights up the snow falling so it looks like it is daytime at all times :P
Hasn't snowed here for over a day, come on!
Blade, beautiful dog!
Quote from keiran :What an epic journey... just took me 2hrs 30mins to drive home from uni when it usually only takes 40mins. Started snowing hard at lunch time so made a runner in the hope to avoid the chaos... which didn't work.

Snow seems to turn our poor drivers into complete retards! The amount of people braking hard and sliding all over the shop was silly, also the ones not bothering to indicate was incredible. Nearly got wiped out by a lorry as I was crawling up the hill, he was completely out of control with a massive caterpillar digger thing on his trailer.

Then to top it off nearly every time I started making some progress we'd reach some fool who couldn't drive to save their life. 4 cars were all over the shop trying to climb a hill. One woman had her foot hard to the floor and basically ended up blocking the traffic going down the hill cause she ended up sliding 90 degrees back down the hill. Then once she got out the way a lorry not wanting to stop decided he'd drive on our side of the road forcing us to try and reverse up the hill. At the same area some guy going down the hill must have been nipping on as he left massive lines of tyre marks in the snow before eventually hitting the verge and getting stuck in the deep stuff.

In total I saw 7 cars off the road all of which just looked like complete and utter failure of the person driving.

Heard on the radio that they are expecting temperatures to drop down to -6 during the night! Gonna be mad if the slush on the road freezes!

Thats pretty much how the roads were here yesterday morning. Perfectly driveable if you have any idea of how to drive. It's retards who brake steer and throttle like they would in the summertime.

A long as you do everything smoothly, go slower than normal, and do not instintively jump on the brakes when you see something happening in front of you then its pretty easy isnt it.

I cannot really see how others can fail so hard. With the only exception being new drivers who only started driving maybe in the summer just gone, as they have no experience of it.
Few pics I took from in and around Oxford yesterday on a wander, the third one is of South Park and the massive snowball fight going on further down it
Attached images
DSCF8368.JPG
DSCF8370.JPG
DSCF8381.JPG
If you think GB is beautiful, you haven't seen enough of it!

Although there are some very nice, scenic areas, I'll have to admit that the best place(s) to get some natural (and urban) beauty are probably in Asia, America and Australia/New Zealand.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If you think GB is beautiful, you haven't seen enough of it!

Although there are some very nice, scenic areas, I'll have to admit that the best place(s) to get some natural (and urban) beauty are probably in Asia, America and Australia/New Zealand.

Speak for yourself, go the the highlands of Scotland in the summer. Great roads, great scenery and the locals are friendly.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Speak for yourself, go the the highlands of Scotland in the summer. Great roads, great scenery and the locals are friendly.

Yea, but that's Scotland : the best place IN the UK..
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea, but that's Scotland : the best place IN the UK..

Thats why they say Britain is like a thistle, the beauty is on top.....

....and the pricks are at the bottom. :hide:

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG